Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58930 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
Amazes that you claim to be an professor at a university. It's people like you that turn our kids dumber when they come of college than going in. You must of been one of those kids that wanted to get a Liberal Arts Degree because you didn't want to do actual work.

You confuse me with someone else. I have never made any such claims.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »
You confuse me with someone else. I have never made any such claims.

Maybe I am. Oh, I remember. It was Andreisdaman. Sorry.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »
Maybe I am. Oh, I remember. It was Andreisdaman. Sorry.

I'm neither colored, nor a professor. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »
The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums
MSN ^ | September 13, 2017 | Ryan Phillips
Posted on 9/14/2017, 7:34:09 AM by C19fan

Week 1 of the NFL season had plenty of important stories worth following, but maybe the most entertaining was the mostly empty stadiums in Los Angeles and Santa Clara. Both the Los Angeles Rams and San Francisco 49ers had sparse crowds for their home openers, and that has not gone unnoticed by the NFL.

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

________________________ ____________________

gOOD - I hope they realize that putting up w aholes like Kaperfag are a death sentence. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »
The NFL Is Seriously Concerned With Empty Stadiums
MSN ^ | September 13, 2017 | Ryan Phillips
Posted on 9/14/2017, 7:34:09 AM by C19fan

Week 1 of the NFL season had plenty of important stories worth following, but maybe the most entertaining was the mostly empty stadiums in Los Angeles and Santa Clara. Both the Los Angeles Rams and San Francisco 49ers had sparse crowds for their home openers, and that has not gone unnoticed by the NFL.

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

________________________ ____________________

gOOD - I hope they realize that putting up w aholes like Kaperfag are a death sentence. 

Even without Kaepernick, old school sports are in a state of secular decline. There's just too much to do these days. When those sports became really popular there were only three stations on television, and no internet.

Pro sports got greedy at the wrong time, building new stadiums and jacking up ticket prices. Of course, the league going ghetto big time hasn't helped.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »
Even without Kaepernick, old school sports are in a state of secular decline. There's just too much to do these days. When those sports became really popular there were only three stations on television, and no internet.

Pro sports got greedy at the wrong time, building new stadiums and jacking up ticket prices. Of course, the league going ghetto big time hasn't helped.

I'm not going to debate the greed of pro sports but franchise value and revenues have skyrocketed.
In 2010 there were about 10 billion dollar franchises, in 2017 there are well over 50.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
I'm not going to debate the greed of pro sports but franchise value and revenues have skyrocketed.
In 2010 there were about 10 billion dollar franchises, in 2017 there are well over 50.

Who gives a fuk?   Personally I hope all these pos in the NFL, NBA, ESPN, etc - all go bankrupt - F em.  Same for college football - f em.  They want to be leftist pc - good - guess what when no one wants to spend money anymore supporting that leftist liberal nonsense? 

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2017, 09:32:51 AM »
Who gives a fuk?   Personally I hope all these pos in the NFL, NBA, ESPN, etc - all go bankrupt - F em.  Same for college football - f em.  They want to be leftist pc - good - guess what when no one wants to spend money anymore supporting that leftist liberal nonsense? 

Cool, but I was responding to Thin Lizzy's post.

Leagues and franchises don't care about politics, they care about making money.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »
Cool, but I was responding to Thin Lizzy's post.

Leagues and franchises don't care about politics, they care about making money.

False - if that were the case they would not have thugs like Kapercunt in the league, thugs that populate ESPN talk shoes etc daily.  They have become pc organizations that are about anything but sports any more.

I used to spend $$ on tix games etc - now -  never.  I refuse to give a penny to these idiots and hope it all goes down. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
False - if that were the case they would not have thugs like Kapercunt in the league, thugs that populate ESPN talk shoes etc daily.  They have become pc organizations that are about anything but sports any more.

I used to spend $$ on tix games etc - now -  never.  I refuse to give a penny to these idiots and hope it all goes down. 

Hope all you want, you are a minority to business owners. Your opinion doesn't carry the financial weight of the majority.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:54 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »

This is just starting now. I'm not saying they're going to collapse tomorrow but interest and viewership is down and it's going to translate to decreased revenue eventually. The NFL was seen as bulletproof but that obviously has turned out not to be the case.

The fan bases of all the major sports are getting older. Do you think they're really all going to be replaced by millennials?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #388 on: September 14, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
Some seriously creepy mofos running the NFL, I'd say.  When they began conspiring to turn innocent sport into a social-engineering project, complete with pink shoes, they done fucked up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #389 on: September 14, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
Some seriously creepy mofos running the NFL, I'd say.  When they began conspiring to turn innocent sport into a social-engineering project, complete with pink shoes, they done fucked up.

They over played their hand and forgot that they have a discretionary product. No one needs to watch football. We can all get along without it.

'Tough start' for NFL season — ratings down 13% in Week 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/tough-start-nfl-season-ratings-13-week-1-145729365.html

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #390 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
They over played their hand and forgot that they have a discretionary product. No one needs to watch football. We can all get along without it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/tough-start-nfl-season-ratings-13-week-1-145729365.html

So Kapernick is or is not the reason?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: September 14, 2017, 03:43:07 PM »

No one ever needed to watch football, I used to watch every game I could, last year I probably watched less than 10 games.

-ratings down 13% in week 1...probably has a lot to do with 2 hurricanes and alternatives to watching via television.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #392 on: September 14, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »
So Kapernick is or is not the reason?

I don't think he's helped the situation but if you want a yes or no answer I'll go with no.

It's not just football. Golf is in a state of decline as is NASCAR.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #393 on: September 14, 2017, 06:03:11 PM »

Complete agreement, here.  It's almost as though they've grown stupid with their own bullgame, and have forgotten that it's nothing more than a meaningless pastime.  We'll be dragged along only so far with them, if they want to start acting stupid.  And Lord knows, they have done that.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #394 on: September 14, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
I don't think he's helped the situation but if you want a yes or no answer I'll go with no.

It's not just football. Golf is in a state of decline as is NASCAR.
I agree... Sports is just on a downward trend across the board.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: October 10, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
 NFL (No Fans Left)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #397 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:12 PM »
Looks like Trump is winning here also.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #398 on: May 22, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
I doubt they have the stones to do it. 

Report: NFL Considering 15-Yard Penalty for Kneeling During the National Anthem
22 May 2018

NFL owners proposed the idea of penalizing teams for kneeling during the national anthem, while at an offseason meeting in Atlanta on Tuesday.
According to Sports Illustrated, a suggestion was made to have the home team decide whether both squads would come out for the national anthem, or remain inside their locker rooms. Should the home team decide to come out, officials would assess a 15-yard penalty to any team whose players chose to protest during the anthem.

The idea was not well-received by sports journalists or fans:

Gary Parrish

@GaryParrishCBS
 I hope the NFL isn’t spending much time on this idea. Because it’s a dumb idea. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/999017170704240642
10:10 AM - May 22, 2018
21 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Pat Forde

@YahooForde
 Better be a short discussion. That is industrial-strength stupid. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/999017170704240642
10:05 AM - May 22, 2018
50 people are talking about this

mike freeman

@mikefreemanNFL
 The idea that the NFL would assess penalties for players peacefully protesting before the game even begins is so absurd I don’t even know where to start.
10:49 AM - May 22, 2018
247 people are talking about this

Tim
@stuewe18
 For a group of billionaires NFL owners don’t seem to be a very bright lot.
11:39 AM - May 22, 2018
See Tim's other Tweets

Bleacher Report

@BleacherReport
3h
NFL owners discussing 15-yard penalty for kneeling during anthem, per @AlbertBreer https://ble.ac/2s337LC  pic.twitter.com/kt6mrMEoGD

Iamsaul
@SaulG30r
 All NFL owners could just go suck a big fat 🍋. Because first off the @NFL is what it is because of its fans, so don’t ever forget that. Second, since when was it ok for a mans/women political action be penalized?
11:55 AM - May 22, 2018
See Iamsaul's other Tweets
The NFL is now going into its third season of dealing with the anthem protest issue. The protests began in the preseason of 2016, when then-49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat, then knelt, during the playing of the national anthem.

Since then, hundreds of players across the league have either sat, knelt, or raised a fist during the anthem. The protests reached their peak in Week 3 of last year, after President Trump blasted NFL protesters at a political rally in Alabama. Calling the players “SOB’s,” and saying he wished their team owners would fire them. That weekend, hundreds of players, coaches, and executives protested.

However, the number of protesters dwindled in subsequent weeks to the point where there were only a dozen or so protesting in Week 17.

As The Hill notes, “Two players who were among the first to take a knee during the 2016 season — Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid — are now free agents. They have filed separate lawsuits against the NFL claiming owners colluded to keep them off of a team because of their history of protests.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/05/22/report-nfl-considering-15-yard-penalty-for-kneeling-during-the-national-anthem/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2018, 06:53:29 PM »
It’s dumb, I’m not a fan of players kneeling but this seems like over compensating.

For 2 years now the NFL has said they support the players right to protest and now they are changing their minds? They’re just trying to please the base NFL fans and this will cause more issues.

Just keep the players in the locker room during the anthem and avoid the issue all together.