Author Topic: Tony Homo  (Read 3515 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Tony Homo
« on: August 29, 2016, 07:39:17 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Tony Homo
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
Mr. Glass

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:02:18 AM »
Fail to see the humor in that.

Coming from a non Cowboy fan, I still want their best against any other teams best. Got to give Romo his props, top level when healthy and a very gutsy guy. Though, at times, not making the best of game decisions (trying to be nice here). But becoming clear that his serious playing time may be coming to an end. Early retirement, no doubt.

Having had major back surgery, caused from a college football injury, I fully understand any thing related to the back/spine is something very hard to recover from, extra hard with a contact sport like football.

Romo could probably get a job in the booth after football but doesn't need the money. But doubt that he would even be in the pro HOF....just saying.
F

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
Coming from a non Cowboy fan, I still want their best against any other teams best.

As a Bucs fan, I want to see the other team's QB develop a massive headcold or herpes outbreak each week before they have to play tampa bay.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »
If this were any other franchise Romo would have been on his way out. There would have be a backup plan, knowing his blatant injury history. It's  disappointing but it should be obvious at this point in his career he hasn't been able to stay healthy consistently. Jerry Jones gets blinded by his love for these guys sometimes.  There was never a backup plan....

Prescott getting forced into action could be bad but he will have a great Oline and weapons so we will see what he can do

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
Got to give Romo his props, top level when healthy and a very gutsy guy. Though, at times, not making the best of game decisions (trying to be nice here). But becoming clear that his serious playing time may be coming to an end. Early retirement, no doubt.

He has some of the most impressive numbers on paper, but has never accomplished anything.  How many seasons has he played?  9-10?  How many playoff games has he won?  2?  And that's when he used to be decent.  He slow and fragile now.  Opposing teams know this, and target him for it.   :-\

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
This makes for some good football though. Everyone seems to be on Dak's nuts, because he played a few good preseason games. Now we will get a chance to see what the rookie really has. Here is the question for Cowboys fans: They say Romo is likely to miss 6-10 weeks......So lets just put it in the middle at 8 games.

Let's say that the Cowboys go 6-2 or even 5-3 with Dak as the starter. Would you replace him with a healthy (yet rusty) Romo, or would Jerry Jones pull the Brady/Bledsoe scenario out? 

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 11:00:51 AM »
This makes for some good football though. Everyone seems to be on Dak's nuts, because he played a few good preseason games. Now we will get a chance to see what the rookie really has. Here is the question for Cowboys fans: They say Romo is likely to miss 6-10 weeks......So lets just put it in the middle at 8 games.

Let's say that the Cowboys go 6-2 or even 5-3 with Dak as the starter. Would you replace him with a healthy (yet rusty) Romo, or would Jerry Jones pull the Brady/Bledsoe scenario out? 

Fuck Romo.  Even if he makes it back this season, he'll only play 1-2 games before he's injured again.  The guy literally has brittle bone disease.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:50 AM »
Fuck Romo.  Even if he makes it back this season, he'll only play 1-2 games before he's injured again.  The guy literally has brittle bone disease.
Yes, but the problem is that Romo is a very good quarterback, when healthy. If Dak performs well, then it will make the decision hard, but what if Prescott sucks? Being a good quarterback in the NFL is the most premium position available. Tony is a good quarterback when he is on the field.

Remember when guys like Cassel and Weeden tried to quarterback the Cowboys last year?  :-X

Face it, a Healthy Romo took the Cowboys to a 12-4 record, and was a screwjob away from going to the NFC Championship game in 2014.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »
Romo may be good on the field, but lately, that is fewer and fewer minutes... By a lot.

Romo is not young. He's 36 years old and has been beat up in the very tough NFC east.

As an opinion, I feel that it's just time for the Cowboys to start looking elsewhere... He needs to think about his long term health more than his football at this point.

His back has taken a beating.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
I think Romo knows what he is doing.   Exaggerating the injuries so he can coast each year.  He has a nice $108 mil salary... he ends up with 50 mil in the bank, whether he plays 8 games, or plays 72 games...

I think every time he gets a ding, he sits 3 weeks.  I think every time any doc says "lets just scrap the season", he does it.   Same money but way less damage to him.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
I think Romo knows what he is doing.   Exaggerating the injuries so he can coast each year.  He has a nice $108 mil salary... he ends up with 50 mil in the bank, whether he plays 8 games, or plays 72 games...

I think every time he gets a ding, he sits 3 weeks.  I think every time any doc says "lets just scrap the season", he does it.   Same money but way less damage to him.
No way. Most players? Yes. Not the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Romo was undrafted. That should tell you all you need to know about his psyche, and his desire to prove people wrong. It's not about money to Tony at this point. He wants to win a title as the quarterback for the Cowboys.

Jerry will have to kick him off of the field.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 12:08:44 PM »

It's a broken bone for chrissakes. If anything he has come back too quickly in the past before the injury has had a chance to completely heal.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »
Why is homo viewed as something negative here on GB ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »
No way. Most players? Yes. Not the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Romo was undrafted. That should tell you all you need to know about his psyche, and his desire to prove people wrong. It's not about money to Tony at this point. He wants to win a title as the quarterback for the Cowboys.

I remember him starting to peak - choosing golf and BJs from jessica simpson over rest and film, when the Bye week came.  

he's no manziel.  But I think he stretches it.  

It's a broken bone for chrissakes. If anything he has come back too quickly in the past before the injury has had a chance to completely heal.

other athletes would visit the gh buffet and heal faster.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
Why is homo viewed as something negative here on GB ?

we are haters.   

same reason we hate tom brady.  I mean, the dude simultaneously impregnates not one but TWO supermodels?   He gets to blow off bridget moynehann and ends up with giselle?   

the hate is strong. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
we are haters.   

same reason we hate tom brady.  I mean, the dude simultaneously impregnates not one but TWO supermodels?   He gets to blow off bridget moynehann and ends up with giselle?   

the hate is strong. 
Don't you dare go down that road. You supposedly like the Bucs, but I bet you would flip-flop if the Dolphins started winning.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
This just in: Tony Romo has had a back transplant. Back from 82yo woman who had advanced osteoporosis. "He is in much better shape now," said the surgeon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 12:25:55 PM »
Don't you dare go down that road. You supposedly like the Bucs, but I bet you would flip-flop if the Dolphins started winning.

Nope.   I've been in FL since 1992.   Sometimes had to watch the dolphins, since tv only had on 2 games a day back in the 90s.  watched marino muck it up every year.   Don't even watch them these days.  They're inherently boring.

I will watch CLE from time to time, being from there.   And I root for a few players that are exciting to watch.  I always thought Vick & RG3 were lazy and entitled, albeit extremely talented, so I watch them like a slow train wreck, waiting for the next electric play and/or blown play that sees them get absoltely rocked by a linebacker.   Tebow was exciting as shit to watch, and he was a crap QB that learned to run over people for a few weeks and rely on an amazing defense and great kicker.

same reason i watch every trump rally, but wouldn't vote for him.   so fun to watch though.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
If this were any other franchise Romo would have been on his way out. There would have be a backup plan, knowing his blatant injury history. It's  disappointing but it should be obvious at this point in his career he hasn't been able to stay healthy consistently. Jerry Jones gets blinded by his love for these guys sometimes.  There was never a backup plan....

Prescott getting forced into action could be bad but he will have a great Oline and weapons so we will see what he can do

What injury history does he really have? Only time I recall him getting injured and missing pretty much the whole season was last 2015 season?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »
PIP  for the 20th time

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
What injury history does he really have? Only time I recall him getting injured and missing pretty much the whole season was last 2015 season?

Entering this season Tony Romo had started 16 games in just four of his nine full seasons as the Dallas Cowboys' starter. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. He missed three games that ultimately cost the Cowboys a chance at making the playoffs. They went 1-2 without Romo and lost a winner-take-all season finale at the Philadelphia Eagles. After that game, Romo collapsed in the shower because of a rib injury.

2010 -- Broken left collarbone. He suffered the injury in the first half against the New York Giants when fullback Chris Gronkowski failed to pick up linebacker Michael Boley. Romo missed 10 games but was not placed on injured reserve until the second-to-last week of the season. The Cowboys went 5-5 in Romo's absence with Jon Kitna winning four times and Stephen McGee once.

2013 -- Ruptured disk. Romo missed a winner-take-all meeting in Week 17 against the Eagles after undergoing a discectomy two days before the game. Romo actually suffered the injury in a thrilling 24-23 win against the Washington Redskins in which he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass on fourth down. With Kyle Orton starting, the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 24-22.

2014 -- Two transverse process fractures. He missed the Nov. 2 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals after he was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson. He returned for the final two series after X-rays were negative. Brandon Weeden started against the Cardinals, and the Cowboys lost 28-17.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. Romo suffered the injury in the second game of the season when he was sacked by Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks, who landed on top of him in the third quarter. The Cowboys beat Philadelphia but lost the next seven games with Weeden and Matt Cassel as their starting quarterbacks.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. In his second game back, Romo was knocked out on the final play of the third quarter, when he was sacked by Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. While Romo's previous fractures had healed, he suffered a re-break in the healed portion. He missed the final five games of the season. The Cowboys won just once (at Washington) without Romo all season.

2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra. On the third play of Thursday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo was driven into the turf while sliding by defensive end Cliff Avril. After the game, Romo said he felt good and Jerry Jones said he expected Romo to be ready for the regular-season opener. Romo had an MRI on Friday, which showed the break. A source said he is looking at a 6-10 week recovery period. Rookie Dak Prescott will start in Romo's absence.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »
Entering this season Tony Romo had started 16 games in just four of his nine full seasons as the Dallas Cowboys' starter. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. He missed three games that ultimately cost the Cowboys a chance at making the playoffs. They went 1-2 without Romo and lost a winner-take-all season finale at the Philadelphia Eagles. After that game, Romo collapsed in the shower because of a rib injury.

2010 -- Broken left collarbone. He suffered the injury in the first half against the New York Giants when fullback Chris Gronkowski failed to pick up linebacker Michael Boley. Romo missed 10 games but was not placed on injured reserve until the second-to-last week of the season. The Cowboys went 5-5 in Romo's absence with Jon Kitna winning four times and Stephen McGee once.

2013 -- Ruptured disk. Romo missed a winner-take-all meeting in Week 17 against the Eagles after undergoing a discectomy two days before the game. Romo actually suffered the injury in a thrilling 24-23 win against the Washington Redskins in which he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass on fourth down. With Kyle Orton starting, the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 24-22.

2014 -- Two transverse process fractures. He missed the Nov. 2 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals after he was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson. He returned for the final two series after X-rays were negative. Brandon Weeden started against the Cardinals, and the Cowboys lost 28-17.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. Romo suffered the injury in the second game of the season when he was sacked by Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks, who landed on top of him in the third quarter. The Cowboys beat Philadelphia but lost the next seven games with Weeden and Matt Cassel as their starting quarterbacks.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. In his second game back, Romo was knocked out on the final play of the third quarter, when he was sacked by Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. While Romo's previous fractures had healed, he suffered a re-break in the healed portion. He missed the final five games of the season. The Cowboys won just once (at Washington) without Romo all season.

2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra. On the third play of Thursday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo was driven into the turf while sliding by defensive end Cliff Avril. After the game, Romo said he felt good and Jerry Jones said he expected Romo to be ready for the regular-season opener. Romo had an MRI on Friday, which showed the break. A source said he is looking at a 6-10 week recovery period. Rookie Dak Prescott will start in Romo's absence.

Michael Boley was the player who crushed Tony Romo and with him, the dreams of all Cowboys fans.

It was his hit on the quarterback, coming untouched through the middle on a blitz, that broke Romo’s left clavicle early in the second quarter.

“The guard didn’t see me,” Boley said. “He blocked down on the tackle and both backs went to the other side so I came scott-free.”

Boley said he didn’t know the extent of Romo’s injury until after the game. But he had an idea that he was hurt a lot sooner than that.

“When he hit the ground I heard him let out a little scream so I kind of knew something was up,” Boley said. “I thought it was just a normal hit. Then after I got up and started running I looked back after the play was over and he was still down.”

Boley said he was sorry to hear that Romo was injured. “You hate to see people get hurt,” he said. “I wish him the best.”

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 01:13:21 PM »

Shut the fuck up.  For Tony it was always about the fame.  he loved being famous, going on expensive trips and living a cush lifestyle.  During the bye week of the playoffs he took off to Cabo for a few days while all other players prepped and got ready for the game.  He's a douchebag and that's why people don't like him.  Also think he's Jerry's homo buddy because Jerry seems really attached to him

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
Shut the fuck up.  For Tony it was always about the fame.  he loved being famous, going on expensive trips and living a cush lifestyle.  During the bye week of the playoffs he took off to Cabo for a few days while all other players prepped and got ready for the game.  He's a douchebag and that's why people don't like him.  Also think he's Jerry's homo buddy because Jerry seems really attached to him

Agreed, it's creepy how much of an attachment Jones has to Romo.  Every time Jones is interviewed, and they ask him about Romo, it's always seems like he's bragging about him.  Like a father would brag about his son's achievements.  Jerry sneaking a crotch peak in the picture below.   ;D