Author Topic: Trump Immigration Speech  (Read 3057 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trump Immigration Speech
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:39:05 PM »
Grade A.  Outstanding.  Yes he read it and likely didn't write it, but I agreed with almost everything he said.  Spot on.  Something none of the people running for president have laid out so clearly. 

If he didn't come with so much baggage I'd consider voting for him on this platform alone. 

Bringing the parents of people killed by illegals was pretty powerful.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Trump Immigration Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:29:58 AM »
Starts at about 23 minutes.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »
Grade A.  Outstanding.  Yes he read it and likely didn't write it, but I agreed with almost everything he said.  Spot on.  Something none of the people running for president have laid out so clearly.  

If he didn't come with so much baggage I'd consider voting for him on this platform alone.  

Bringing the parents of people killed by illegals was pretty powerful.    

I liked it for the most part, and not even sure that he didn't write it (sounded like him imo).  But however it was written, it shouldn't have included "they knew it was going to happen" for those examples of illegal-alien crimes.   I don't understand why not use "they didn't care", which is a much easier sale since more individuals are likely to believe it than the other.

Although to be completely fair, they absolutely DID know it was going to happen, because statistics say so.

Also, when he referred to the "11 million" and the fact that the real number is unknown, it didn't make sense to say "it could be 3 million..."  Why in the hell would a person who claims his position want to say that?  I understand he's extremely rich and out of touch (since anyone in the real world who is honest knows it is far greater than the 11 million claimed), but he should know it's very unhelpful to what he's saying.  Doesn't make sense that he said that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
Its amazing how whiney the liberal pos on TV are melting down over this.  And where is that CVNT hillary?  in bed drunk and drooling on herself and emptying her catheter bag. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
Its amazing how whiney the liberal pos on TV are melting down over this.  And where is that girl hillary?  in bed drunk and drooling on herself and emptying her catheter bag. 

she's fundraising.   Trump spending more on bobby pins than hilary spends on diapers.   Train/Wreck 2016

James

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
she's fundraising.   Trump spending more on bobby pins than hilary spends on diapers.   Train/Wreck 2016

jealous of his hair u are.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »

^
To be honest, as a guy with 'longer' hair I understand the pins.
I don't have long hair which could be tied as ponytail but long enough for wind to mess it up. It's a pain. I would use pins too if I was self confident enough.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »

Old guy at the beginning speaks some truth; Syrian immigrants are coming because Obama and Hillary messed up the middle east.
Fuck I wish someone would say it aloud in Europe too. Because that is the ultimate reason behind the largest mass migration of peoples since the Biblical times. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
Remember that Trump may not be able to fully express himself on this subject until he's safely in the WH (if that's ever to be).  Putting parasite "business people" in their place (jail) and etc. -- no question he realizes that's the fastest, freest way to do things, though.

Just as Hillary's not about to come out and admit to things she has in mind, which in her case you can be sure isn't stuff we want done.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »
Strategic Engineered Migration

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »
I liked it for the most part, and not even sure that he didn't write it (sounded like him imo).  But however it was written, it shouldn't have included "they knew it was going to happen" for those examples of illegal-alien crimes.   I don't understand why not use "they didn't care", which is a much easier sale since more individuals are likely to believe it than the other.

Although to be completely fair, they absolutely DID know it was going to happen, because statistics say so.

Also, when he referred to the "11 million" and the fact that the real number is unknown, it didn't make sense to say "it could be 3 million..."  Why in the hell would a person who claims his position want to say that?  I understand he's extremely rich and out of touch (since anyone in the real world who is honest knows it is far greater than the 11 million claimed), but he should know it's very unhelpful to what he's saying.  Doesn't make sense that he said that.

I didn't have a problem with his range.  He's right:  nobody knows the real number.  It's not like they all participate in a census. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 01:48:06 PM »
I didn't have a problem with his range.

"I don't think the 11 million -- which is a number you have been hearing for many many years, I've been hearing that number for five years -- I don't think that is an accurate number anymore," Trump said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe July 24. "I am now hearing it's 30 million, it could be 34 million, which is a much bigger problem."

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »
That wall will cost ultimate sums, especially if its basic structure is going to be anything else than poultry netting ;D
"above and below ground sensors... towers, area surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 02:24:36 PM »
I didn't have a problem with his range.  He's right:  nobody knows the real number.  It's not like they all participate in a census. 

Last thing he should want to do is give ammo to the people behind the terrible policies.  If they claim 11 million, then start there at the very least.  Don't even hint at a lower number, because it makes absolutely no sense to do that.  Or better yet, don't even mention a number, since it's true we don't know.

Very basic stuff.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »
Last thing he should want to do is give ammo to the people behind the terrible policies.  If they claim 11 million, then start there at the very least.  Don't even hint at a lower number, because it makes absolutely no sense to do that.  Or better yet, don't even mention a number, since it's true we don't know.

Very basic stuff.

Meh.  I don't think it matters.  What is someone going to do?  Hit him over the head with the "accurate" number?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
That wall will cost ultimate sums, especially if its basic structure is going to be anything else than poultry netting ;D
"above and below ground sensors... towers, area surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall"

All this without busting the enterprises at the heart of the problem.

Makes perfect sense.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
Meh.  I don't think it matters.  What is someone going to do?  Hit him over the head with the "accurate" number?

Either he wants to work against the terrible policies, or he doesn't.  Which is it?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »
Yeah, saying "it could be 11 million, it could be twice that" seems like a common-sense thing to say.  But it goes against common sense to offer the comment that he chose, if he's really trying to attack the policy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
Either he wants to work against the terrible policies, or he doesn't.  Which is it?

?  Him saying the number of illegals is an indeterminable number of millions says nothing about him not wanting to work against our current failed anti-illegal immigration efforts.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »
?  Him saying the number of illegals is an indeterminable number of millions says nothing about him not wanting to work against our current failed anti-illegal immigration efforts.

As for whether he wants to work against that policy or even whether he wants to win the election, I guess only he knows.

But there's absolutely NO question, suggesting a number that's only about 25% of what the Obamas and Clintons themselves claim, gives a very clear path for anyone looking for a reason to downplay the severity of the problem.  That's exactly what it does.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
As for whether he wants to work against that policy or even whether he wants to win the election, I guess only he knows.

But there's absolutely NO question, suggesting a number that's only about 25% of what the Obamas and Clintons themselves claim, gives a very clear path for anyone looking for a reason to downplay the severity of the problem.  That's exactly what it does.

So if the number is "only" 3 million it's not a crisis?  I disagree. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Up to 15 Hispanic Advisers Quitting Over Trump Immigration Speech
By Greg Richter   |    Thursday, 01 Sep 2016

Up to 15 members of Donald Trump's National Hispanic Advisory Council have either already quit or announced that they will after they said they were unhappy with the GOP presidential nominee's speech on immigration Wednesday, according to some news outlets.

One member, Jacob Monty, resigned immediately after the Trump's speech in Phoenix, and several others said they are inclined to do so.

Fox News reported Thursday afternoon that at least six members of the council already had resigned or are thinking about doing so. CBS News reported that the number was 15 — half of the council's 30 members.

Fox News' John Roberts reported that members are upset because they think Trump should have handled such as serious subject in a different forum than a campaign rally where they felt the candidate was whipping up the crowd at the expense of Latinos.

They also were unhappy with what they saw as a subtle call for self-deportation, Roberts said.

Monty told MSNBC on Thursday he was saddened to have to quit, "because I am no fan of Hillary Clinton."

He said he believes Trump may have rejected the group's advice because he "listens to whoever talks to him last."

"Maybe this is a media play. And I feel serious about that," he said. "Maybe this is part of a media play where he wants to create a media empire that will focus on the millions of nativists that believe that the country needs to control immigration. And if that's his play, it will be good and he'll have millions of followers. But he won't win the presidency."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-hispanic-advisers-quit/2016/09/01/id/746328/#ixzz4J388P4Ad

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 04:31:30 PM »
So if the number is "only" 3 million it's not a crisis?  I disagree. 

You'll have to ask one of the many fence-sitters, paranoid of being viewed as "racist".  They're the ones who will make all the difference.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »
You'll have to ask one of the many fence-sitters, paranoid of being viewed as "racist".  They're the ones who will make all the difference.

Are there significant numbers of undecided and/or crossover voters complaining about this?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 04:46:41 PM »
Are there significant numbers of undecided and/or crossover voters complaining about this?

You mean about the fact he suggested a number of 3?