Author Topic: Cant do flat bench  (Read 1296 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Cant do flat bench
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »
My Soulders hurt to much when I do flys or flat bench. Would you to considers these key excirse build a nice chest?

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Cant do flat bench
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »
if it hurts dont do it. Are you injured?

Hollyweird

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »
My Soulders hurt to much when I do flys or flat bench. Would you to considers these key excirse build a nice chest?

There are alternative exercises although it's a bit of a concern if you find so much pain coming from your shoulders when performing basic exercises like these. Do you do do shoulder warming exercises and lightweight strength exercises to get the blood going?

What do they feel like on bodyweight dips?

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:57:56 PM »
I dropped flat and substituted incline and close grip because of pain issues for several years and continued to make improvements. I've brought flat back now but as an adjunct to get some additional volume in after incline and close grip, so far no issues.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »
I hurt my chest little more then month ago. My chest is started to be good.but now my left shoulder(tore small part of my left chest) hurts like hell.. I can do inclines but it hurts little bit I never went over 60lbs and after 10th rep I had to stop. I did warm up with some shoulder excersises which made it better. Still I'm afraid this won't heal by itself

Hollyweird

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:07 AM »
I hurt my chest little more then month ago. My chest is started to be good.but now my left shoulder(tore small part of my left chest) hurts like hell.. I can do inclines but it hurts little bit I never went over 60lbs and after 10th rep I had to stop. I did warm up with some shoulder excersises which made it better. Still I'm afraid this won't heal by itself

OK. Sounds like most probably the front delt, then. 4 weeks recovery time is not really sufficient if you're banging 'heavy' weight on - relative to what you're used to.

If I were you - I would see some professional help to get an idea as to the reality of the damage and in the meantime do a lot of shoulder warming exercises and light weight resistance. In other words simple side raises and front raises using light weight and many reps keep the muscle warmed up and a good blood supply.

There's plenty of online demonstration videos showing you simple shoulder rot cuff exercises to get strength in these areas which a lot of people neglect. The way they're put together you need to ensure complete safety esp after a fuckup.