Author Topic: Lay's Limited Edition Flavors (2016)  (Read 17899 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Lay's Limited Edition Flavors (2016)
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 09:24:55 PM »
What's wrong with good old barbecue and sour cream and onions?

Nothing's wrong with them if you like them, but what harm is there in experimenting with new/different flavors?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »
Unless its Doritos, I usually make my own potato chips if I want some.  Companies nowadays use cheap ingredients for profit and fry him in complete garbage.  Not only that, its 4 bucks a bag.

If you want to save money, that's fine, but what garbage do you think can possibly be added to potato chips? They are potatoes that are fried in oil and don't even need preservatives. Pic of ingredients brought to you from my very own gourmet pantry :

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 09:57:56 PM »
If you want to save money, that's fine, but what garbage do you think can possibly be added to potato chips? They are potatoes that are fried in oil and don't even need preservatives. Pic of ingredients brought to you from my very own gourmet pantry :

Frito-Lay does somewhat ok other than the use of canola oil but a lot of companies throw in a lot of shit
A

Hack Benchers

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »
You forget Patat Joppie flavour...
Fuck yeah

Hack Benchers

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »
Unless its Doritos, I usually make my own potato chips if I want some.  Companies nowadays use cheap ingredients for profit and fry him in complete garbage.  Not only that, its 4 bucks a bag

Are you kidding here Vince that is hella expensive. Is this the price of an avarage bag of chips in the U S of A?

Here's how I make mine.  I take an Idaho potato or two....dirt cheap.  A 5 pound bag is 2.60.  Then I wash and slice them slightly thick with the skin on.  Afterwards I'll fry him in some good peanut oil and that's it.  Add some sea salt and maybe some pepper of other seasonings as soon as they come out the fryer.  Taste better than anything you'll get from a store
Adonis of peas

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:04 AM »
Adonis, these two brands make very good chips (both use lard):  http://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/Good's-Original-Blue-Potato-Chips-2-lb/item/526050

http://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/Zerbe's-Home-Style-Potato-Chips-16-oz/item/Z004

Here is a guy that reviewed Grandma Utz, Good's and Zerbe's.  I think my favorite chip is the Zerbe salt and vinegar.

http://psycho-gourmet.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-lard-and-i.html

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »
Just picked up some lunch and saw that this year's flavors were released. Apparently, they've been out for nearly two months, but I've been eating "clean", so they slipped under my radar.

This year's flavors are Chinese Szechuan Chicken, Indian Tikka Masala, Brazilian Picanha and Greek Tzatziki. The Greek Tzatziki is a holdover from last year and it tastes like vomit. Can't believe they brought it back.  It was even worse than the Cappuccino flavor. I bought the Picanha today. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't wow, either. Last year, the best flavor was Truffle Oil, imo. If they were going to bring one back, I wish it would have been that one.

Absolute garbage you are putting in your body these crap snacks are cooked at high temperature to form acrylamide which is a compound that is known to cause cancer in the body and its very addictive which is why you always crave this garbage.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
Wonder if they'll ever make Watermelon + Chicken-flavored chips. (w Grape Drank/Orange Soda to go!)

Talk about being a topseller/stealer in the Hebreic Hoods!
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Absolute garbage you are putting in your body these crap snacks are cooked at high temperature to form acrylamide which is a compound that is known to cause cancer in the body and its very addictive which is why you always crave this garbage.

It's actually not known that acrylamide causes cancer in humans. At best, links between the two have been shown to be inconclusive.

Also, earlier in the thread I clearly said that I DO NOT have trouble resisting savory foods. Potato chips are considered a savory food.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 12:04:51 PM »
Wonder if they'll ever make Watermelon + Chicken-flavored chips. (w Grape Drank/Orange Soda to go!)

Lays did Chicken and Waffles a while back which is a black favorite.

They were okay.  Nothing that would blow your skirt up.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »

"

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

Nothing to steal a bike over then  :D ;D
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »

Yikes. Can't believe you wasted money on this gimmick. You could have picked up a bag of plain chips, preheated your oven, popped the chips in the oven for 10 minutes, added your own blend of spices and easily added half an hour of nonsense to a snack that is appealing to most people largely because it is so convenient.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 07:21:27 PM »
Yikes. Can't believe you wasted money on this gimmick. You could have picked up a bag of plain chips, preheated your oven, popped the chips in the oven for 10 minutes, added your own blend of spices and easily added half an hour of nonsense to a snack that is appealing to most people largely because it is so convenient.  ::)
I get new products like this sent to me for free.  Hope this helps.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 07:51:27 PM »
I get new products like this sent to me for free.  Hope this helps.

Sure you do.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
Sure you do.  ::)
Tell me why I have Boston Creme Oreos in my fridge (testing a storage method for Nabisco) meanwhile you will not be able to buy them.  

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 08:09:50 PM »
Tell me why I have Boston Creme Oreos in my fridge (testing a storage method for Nabisco) meanwhile you will not be able to buy them.  

This sounds far fetched, but I could be wrong. Post a pic and I'll admit it. I'll even change my tag line to "Adonis Owned Me"  for the next month.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »

This sounds far fetched, but I could be wrong. Post a pic and I'll admit it. I'll even change my tag line to "Adonis Owned Me"  for the next month.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.  A code duello of sorts.  Who will bitch out?   :o

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »
Sure you do.  ::)

He does and I get a ton of free stuff as well.  Its actually pretty easy to do
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
The gauntlet has been thrown down.  A code duello of sorts.  Who will bitch out?   :o

Haha no chance of me bitching out. If it turns out that I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but as anyone who cares knows, I'm in marketing/advertising. I get a lot of swag and comps through my job and what he's saying doesn't match my experience of getting pre-market stuff. I'll go over the reasons in a later post, but you don't even have to be in marketing to wonder why Nabisco would be testing refrigerated Oreos (refrigerated. Oreos.  ???) and would need to do that in a stranger's kitchen instead of one of their own state-of-the-art test kitchens.

If he posts some photographic evidence that proves  that he has a pre-market Oreo product, I'll have no problem admitting I was owned.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »
Haha no chance of me bitching out. If it turns out that I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but as anyone who cares knows, I'm in marketing/advertising. I get a lot of swag and comps through my job and what he's saying doesn't match my experience of getting pre-market stuff. I'll go over the reasons in a later post, but you don't even have to be in marketing to wonder why Nabisco would be testing refrigerated Oreos (refrigerated. Oreos.  ???) and would need to do that in a stranger's kitchen instead of one of their own state-of-the-art test kitchens.

If he posts some photographic evidence that proves  that he has a pre-market Oreo product, I'll have no problem admitting I was owned.
Not allowed to post any pictures, genius.  Being in marketing, you should know this about products not yet on the general market.  I guess you are also oblivious to food and cooking blogs and relationships with companies and their respective products.  (I already knew this though about you, being clueless)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »

As far as Nabisco goes, they want real world results and I am not the only one providing them updates and data.  Maybe you oughta educate yourself on Consumer Product Testing.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »
Not allowed to post any pictures, genius.  Being in marketing, you should know this about products not yet on the general market.  I guess you are also oblivious to food and cooking blogs and relationships with companies and their respective products.  (I already knew this though about you, being clueless)

On what date will you be able to let the cat out of the bag?  You can take pictures now, and release them at a layer date when tou are able.  When will that be?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »

Educate yourself moron.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/h5rdu/my_friend_does_prerelease_product_testing_for/
My friend does pre-release product testing for Nabisco, he just got these in today.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:29 PM »
As far as Nabisco goes, they want real world results and I am not the only one providing them updates and data.  Maybe you oughta educate yourself on Consumer Product Testing.

TA, how do you become a Consumer Product Tester?
X