Author Topic: Lay's Limited Edition Flavors (2016)  (Read 17898 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Lay's Limited Edition Flavors (2016)
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »
Just picked up some lunch and saw that this year's flavors were released. Apparently, they've been out for nearly two months, but I've been eating "clean", so they slipped under my radar.

This year's flavors are Chinese Szechuan Chicken, Indian Tikka Masala, Brazilian Picanha and Greek Tzatziki. The Greek Tzatziki is a holdover from last year and it tastes like vomit. Can't believe they brought it back.  It was even worse than the Cappuccino flavor. I bought the Picanha today. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't wow, either. Last year, the best flavor was Truffle Oil, imo. If they were going to bring one back, I wish it would have been that one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Lay's Limited Edition Flavors (2016)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:25:09 AM »

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:37:03 AM »
Have tried all of these, best to worst -

1) Tikka Masala - Best of the batch, very good flavor, right amount of spiciness, etc....
2) Szechuan Chicken - this was pretty good, tasted as it should, but sometimes you'd get a chickeny chip that was too strong, and you'd get a burnt chicken taste.
3) Picanha - Meaty with salt, chili, and vinegar undertones. Bit too strong, you need to be in the mood for it.
4) Tzatziki - Meh, tasted very cucumbery to me. Definitely didn't taste like Greek diner type Tzatziki sauce.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »

1) Tikka Masala - Best of the batch, very good flavor, right amount of spiciness, etc....
2) Szechuan Chicken - this was pretty good, tasted as it should, but sometimes you'd get a chickeny chip that was too strong, and you'd get a burnt chicken taste.
3) Picanha - Meaty with salt, chili, and vinegar undertones. Bit too strong, you need to be in the mood for it.
4) Tzatziki - Meh, tasted very cucumbery to me. Definitely didn't taste like Greek diner type Tzatziki sauce.

You forget Patat Joppie flavour...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »
Just picked up some lunch and saw that this year's flavors were released. Apparently, they've been out for nearly two months, but I've been eating "clean", so they slipped under my radar.

This year's flavors are Chinese Szechuan Chicken, Indian Tikka Masala, Brazilian Picanha and Greek Tzatziki. The Greek Tzatziki is a holdover from last year and it tastes like vomit. Can't believe they brought it back.  It was even worse than the Cappuccino flavor. I bought the Picanha today. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't wow, either. Last year, the best flavor was Truffle Oil, imo. If they were going to bring one back, I wish it would have been that one.

They are passable and semi-decent.

You want a good chip, go with Utz Grandmas, the one cooked in Lard or Utz Dark Russet Gourmet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »
I prefer the taste of pussy after I get Lays

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 02:00:50 PM »

Debating on whether to pick up the Tikka Masala. Kinda went crazy over the holiday weekend and the chips I got earlier were supposed to be a "goodbye gift". I have posted about my internal debates about sweets before and don't really have the same issues with savory junk food, but I bullshitted around that store for a good 5-10 minutes debating over what chips to get. Part of me just wanted to ignore them, but one of the flavors is always a standout.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »
Debating on whether to pick up the Tikka Masala. Kinda went crazy over the holiday weekend and the chips I got earlier were supposed to be a "goodbye gift". I have posted about my internal debates about sweets before and don't really have the same issues with savory junk food, but I bullshitted around that store for a good 5-10 minutes debating over what chips to get. Part of me just wanted to ignore them, but one of the flavors is always a standout.
Give you another tip.
1. Preheat oven to 400, middle rack.
2. Buy the best plain chips you can find or like, put them on a half sheet baking pan.  
3. Bake for 10 minutes until fragrant and oils start to come out.
4. Remove and season immediately with your choice of seasonings  (I have many ideas and many ways to replicate any flavor and how to make any kind of seasoning)

That way you won't have to fall for gimmicks.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »
 (I have many ideas and many ways to replicate any flavor and how to make any kind of seasoning)

LOL. Yes, I know how to use google, too.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 02:35:56 PM »

LOL. Yes, I know how to use google, too.
You don't really know much of anything in regards to cooking.  You certainly could learn though.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 02:54:26 PM »
You don't really know much of anything in regards to cooking.  You certainly could learn though.

LOL I guess if you consider this an insult it explains why you try to pass other people's recipes off as your own.  And I guess if you think putting a bag of chips in the oven for 10 minutes and putting seasoning on them counts as cooking, it explains why you think you're a good cook.  :-\

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
I prefer the taste of penis after I get Aids.

Really now!  :D ;D
Q

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 03:14:02 PM »
LOL I guess if you consider this an insult it explains why you try to pass other people's recipes off as your own.  And I guess if you think putting a bag of chips in the oven for 10 minutes and putting seasoning on them counts as cooking, it explains why you think you're a good cook.  :-\
You really have no clue.

Sure, I could have told you how to make Potato Chips by deep frying, but there is no way in hell I can envision someone as stupid as you doing that.  Besides, the extent of your skills are choosing which shitty gimmick flavor the store has.  No idea why I even bother. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:48 PM »
  No idea why I even bother. 

I have no idea why you are bothering with this "chef" act, either. Obviously, I don't care if you think I am a good cook and, judging from the cooking tips you've posted, you aren't a good cook, so confused about why you keep bringing it up to me.  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 05:24:20 PM »
I have no idea why you are bothering with this "chef" act, either. Obviously, I don't care if you think I am a good cook and, judging from the cooking tips you've posted, you aren't a good cook, so confused about why you keep bringing it up to me.  ???
???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »
Not only is True Adonis the creator of the Adonis Principles and the Gravity Suit of Peace, he is also one of Getbigs better chefs.

Heard about that seasoning and it was awe-inspiring.
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Not only is True Adonis the creator of the Adonis Principles and the Gravity Suit of Peace, he is also one of Getbigs better chefs.

Heard about that seasoning and it was awe-inspiring.

Exactly. He seems like a great cook to human garbage that thinks adding seasoning to potato chips is awe inspiring or idiots who are too stupid to google an enchilada sauce recipe. For anyone who cares to be a decent cook, it's one of the easiest things to accomplish.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »

Exactly. He seems like a great cook to human garbage that thinks adding seasoning to potato chips is awe inspiring or idiots who are too stupid to google an enchilada sauce recipe. For anyone who cares to be a decent cook, it's one of the easiest things to accomplish.
Its actually not.

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »
I prefer the taste of pussy after I get Lays
I prefer the taste before I get Lays. Afterwards I want to go to sleep.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »
What's wrong with good old barbecue and sour cream and onions?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »
What's wrong with good old barbecue and sour cream and onions?
Put the words "limited edition" and sprinkle some yeast extract on chips and they fly off shelves.  :-\

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »
Put the words "limited edition" and sprinkle some yeast extract on chips and they fly off shelves.  :-\

Uhhh, what? 

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 08:36:52 PM »
Who would eat that shit?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »
Unless its Doritos, I usually make my own potato chips if I want some.  Companies nowadays use cheap ingredients for profit and fry him in complete garbage.  Not only that, its 4 bucks a bag.

Here's how I make mine.  I take an Idaho potato or two....dirt cheap.  A 5 pound bag is 2.60.  Then I wash and slice them slightly thick with the skin on.  Afterwards I'll fry him in some good peanut oil and that's it.  Add some sea salt and maybe some pepper of other seasonings as soon as they come out the fryer.  Taste better than anything you'll get from a store
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
Its actually not.

It actually is. Before we were married, I told my wife I'd marry her as soon as she learned to cook. She signed up for classes at Sur La Table, and a woman who didn't even like microwaving Hot Pockets cooked an entire main course with appetizers after just two classes. Anyone with the desire to cook and the ability to follow instructions is able to cook relatively complicated things with very little experience. (For the record, I was already a very good cook. While aspiring to be Betty Crocker is a point of pride for you, the fact that I can cook well is just a reminder that I spent my 20s dating hoes that couldn't cook. )

To be a world renowned, innovative chef takes special skill, but to be a good cook - even an excellent cook- takes less talent than it takes to learn to drive a car. Wouldn't get into an internet pissing contest with some loser about driving ability, wouldn't get into one about cooking, either.