Author Topic: Seattle Seahawks showing class - standing and locking arms  (Read 7051 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Seattle Seahawks showing class - standing and locking arms
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697965/article/seahawks-to-stand-interlock-arms-during-anthem

Doug Baldwin promised the Seattle Seahawks would plan a demonstration of "unity" during the national anthem before Sunday's season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 11.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: Seattle Seahawks showing class
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:18:15 PM »
Who gives a fuck. So sick and tired of this fake attention seeking shit that loser celeb sport people do to get attention. They have no real commitment to the issue they are getting attention for except for their own personal gain. It's easy to do, pick a topic that people are sensitive too already, put yourself into it on any way you can to be sensitive to it. Wham, instant attention and possible career advancement. How many of you knew who this fuck was before all this?
h

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
Me, and it's better than taking a knee but I'm not disagreeing with you

Hack Benchers

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697965/article/seahawks-to-stand-interlock-arms-during-anthem

Hi Coach, I follow your posts for years and you are a GB legend. ( I have been here on and off from 2001)
But why not post a link AND a summery of the newsitem / article? Instead of just slamming down a link? Makes such a post/topic more attractive to read and reply. God bless you and your business.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 11:10:50 PM »

RW
“For me, I love the flag, I love the national anthem because it’s an emotional time for me because I’m so grateful I get to play on the football field. Every time I get to put my hand on my heart it’s truly an honor to the military for me. I think about my family members who have served and friends. I train down in San Diego all the time, so I’m around the Navy and I see those guys. Just to see those guys around and all they do for our country and the people in Afghanistan and all these people fighting – 9/11 for example, coming up here, that’s going to be our first game, and I think about all the pain from that. That’s why I stand and put my hand on the heart.”

As a veteran I really don't care what they do but I respect what Wilson had to say. Why not just keep the tradition going and stop drawing attention to it. These guys make millions and would not be making this money any other place in the world. Stand out of respect and play the game. This is getting idiotic.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 11:13:54 PM »

this isn't "class".   They're not doing the knee, but they're sure still disrespecting our national anthem.

They're attention whoring.   And I don't know how somehow, kneeling is classless fuckery, but interlocking arms is heroic and classy.

They're not putting their hands on their hearts, they're taking attention away from the soldiers - ON 9/11 - so they can be the story.

Fuck them.  They want to be attention whores.   I can't believe you magically call this classy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 11:31:11 PM »
this isn't "class".   They're not doing the knee, but they're sure still disrespecting our national anthem.

They're attention whoring.   And I don't know how somehow, kneeling is classless fuckery, but interlocking arms is heroic and classy.

They're not putting their hands on their hearts, they're taking attention away from the soldiers - ON 9/11 - so they can be the story.

Fuck them.  They want to be attention whores.   I can't believe you magically call this classy.

This coming from someone who voted twice for Obama and defends Killary (and will vote for her as well) in every post. Two of the most America hating politicians ever that you support. Priceless. lol

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »
This coming from someone who voted twice for Obama and defends Killary (and will vote for her as well) in every post. Two of the most America hating politicians ever that you support. Priceless. lol

This is quite the contradiction.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 11:46:35 PM »

Ah.   Attacking me personally somehow invalidates my point?  ;)  Attack the messenger, not the message.

Gotcha.  Keep on praising those seahawks at any cost.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 12:01:30 AM »

Focus on the question, coach.

Why can't these players just put their hand on their heart and respect the national anthem.

they aren't kneeling, or sitting, but they are locking arms in order to make the entire anthem about them, and their claims of inequity.  They're freaking millionaire attention whores.

I swear, if they were a team from Cleveland, you'd be calling them attention whoring a-holes.  But you seem to have some connection with this 911 truther Pete Carroll.  Are you going to join him in trashing a 911 hero survivor general on 911, too?   

Shaking my head.  Caroll is a big as liberal as they come.  Everyone else sees it.  Dude endorsed obama, banged college chicks, cheated thru college, is a huge 911 truther... tough to argue he isn't a liberal. 

Wouldn't surprise you to know that Bill Clinton has a sweet spot for Carroll as well, would it? 

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/01/22/clinton-cites-possible-911-truther-pete-carroll-as-a-presidential-sports-figure/

Bwahahaha  you just love this dude, don't ya?   Wait til he endorses Hilary.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:18 AM »
Ah.   Attacking me personally somehow invalidates my point?  ;)  Attack the messenger, not the message.

Gotcha.  Keep on praising those seahawks at any cost.

Props for not denying my post.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 12:30:33 AM »
it's never classy to upstage the national anthem with your own political bullshit.

nothing classy about it, coach.   Classy = putting your hand on heart and letting the anthem be about the nation, our soldiers.  These idiots are trying to BE the story on 9/11.  No room for that.   

Somehow, you thought it was trashy for them to kneel, but it's classy for them to interlock arms.  They're protesting it, and it's not welcome.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 12:41:44 AM »
it's never classy to upstage the national anthem with your own political bullshit.

nothing classy about it, coach.   Classy = putting your hand on heart and letting the anthem be about the nation, our soldiers.  These idiots are trying to BE the story on 9/11.  No room for that.   

Somehow, you thought it was trashy for them to kneel, but it's classy for them to interlock arms.  They're protesting it, and it's not welcome.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 12:51:22 AM »
Yes, the democrats look like shit on this video too.

Just admit the Seahawks are attention whores using our national anthem for their own public spectacle, for their own political goals. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:43 AM »
Yes, the democrats look like shit on this video too.

Just admit the Seahawks are attention whores using our national anthem for their own public spectacle, for their own political goals. 

All companies and organizations do this. Of course the Seahawks don't give a damn about Anerica. They care about one thing only: money. Most organizations engage in good PR tactics because it looks good. Nothing more, nothing less. Yet, people fall for it every time. :-/
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:40 AM »

Coach, why do you think it is necessary to play the national anthem before a sporting event?

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 05:28:56 AM »
Coach, why do you think it is necessary to play the national anthem before a sporting event?

Because SPORTS!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 06:26:49 AM »
Because SPORTS!

I stopped playing and watching sports when I was 17. Seemed like an utter waste of time to get excited when "my" team won. I mean, how ca you feel good about a team winning? ??? ???
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 07:51:15 AM »
Because SPORTS!

Outside of the Olympics, where you compete representing your country, why is it necessary to play the national anthem before a professional sporting event?

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
I stopped playing and watching sports when I was 17. Seemed like an utter waste of time to get excited when "my" team won. I mean, how ca you feel good about a team winning? ??? ???

You can't cheer for the school you went to or played for?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 08:11:21 AM »
You can't cheer for the school you went to or played for?

Why would you? You just attend it for an education. Sports has really zero impact unless you're on a team in terms of your future. No one ever asked me on a job interview, "did you root for your colleges/universities sport team."
X

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
these are supposed to be professionals.  who gives a rats ass about their beliefs.  do your job. don' t make "statements", we don't want to hear them.  get flushed down the toilet for all we care

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »
Wouldn't the "classy" thing be the normal practice?

Interlocking arms like a girls high school soccer team is making a statement about racial injustice?

I don't care what anyone does before the anthem, as its their earned right, and as was pointed out there's no reason to play it before sporting events, they're all Americans  (usually). (Why aren't the local state anthems played before these events as well? ) but this isn't "classy", it's a statement of unity among 53 dudes.

Lebron, Carmelo, DWade and CP3 provided more of a "classy" protest at the espy awards.

Wars aren't fought for our freedom to play sports.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »
Bottom line?  It's a protest.  During the national anthem.  To promote their own social agenda. 

Coach calls it class because he's a big Pete Carroll fan. 

It's not class.  It's trash. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
Bottom line?  It's a protest.  During the national anthem.  To promote their own social agenda. 

Coach calls it class because he's a big Pete Carroll fan. 

It's not class.  It's trash. 

Class was definitely not the adjective to use.

Class would have been donating enough money to send 100 of urban young adults to the police academy so they could return to their community and start to build respectful relationships.

Or donating a game check as a collective, or setting up college funds, or hiring lawyers to sue corrupt police departments, or protesting the game completely by not playing. 

They're making a statement, which is fine, but it's not a classy act.