Author Topic: Seattle Seahawks showing class - standing and locking arms  (Read 7076 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Seattle Seahawks showing class
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »
these are supposed to be professionals.  who gives a rats ass about their beliefs.  do your job. don' t make "statements", we don't want to hear them.  get flushed down the toilet for all we care

Im guessing the rationale is because people fight to defend our freedom, which allows sport players to play every sunday.

Though, for the most part, I think religion and politics should be left out of sports.

I dont go to my job and sing the national anthem. No one in my job talks about religion or politics UNLESS its required to do so. Other than that, its two topics that are rarely ever discussed.
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »
Im guessing the rationale is because people fight to defend our freedom, which allows sport players to play every sunday.

Though, for the most part, I think religion and politics should be left out of sports.

I dont go to my job and sing the national anthem. No one in my job talks about religion or politics UNLESS its required to do so. Other than that, its two topics that are rarely ever discussed.

Sport players play every Sunday because it is a multi-billion dollar business.

Make no mistake, it has nothing to do with what the good people in the armed services are fighting to defend.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
Sport players play every Sunday because it is a multi-billion dollar business.

Make no mistake, it has nothing to do with what the good people in the armed services are fighting to defend.

Well, I guess the connection I was attempting to make is that if we lived without freedom, no one would be playing football (unless allowed).

But, I agree, the NFL and most major organizations can give 2 shits about any social issue or any armed forced. It's good public relations to keep on making money. That's all it is.
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »
Well, I guess the connection I was attempting to make is that if we lived without freedom, no one would be playing football (unless allowed).

But, I agree, the NFL and most major organizations can give 2 shits about any social issue or any armed forced. It's good public relations to keep on making money. That's all it is.

What does the national anthem have to do with "social issues"?

Because a police officer had to justifiably defend himself against a life-threatening attack from a thug like Mike Brown does not make it a social issue, even if Colon EataDick says so.

If you want to commemorate or remember 9/11 today, that is fine. That event affected all of us and innocent people lost their lives for no good reason. Blacks shooting blacks in their shithole neighborhoods is a black problem and if they have no desire to clean up their problem - then why the hell should I care?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »
it seems to weird that coach would bend over backwards to defend the seahawks here.

their cause is that of everything he shits on - trayvon, cracking down on police, mike brown, etc. 

I guess it's okay to support horrible causes if the guy was a great football coach once?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 12:33:55 PM »
What does the national anthem have to do with "social issues"?

Because a police officer had to justifiably defend himself against a life-threatening attack from a thug like Mike Brown does not make it a social issue, even if Colon EataDick says so.

If you want to commemorate or remember 9/11 today, that is fine. That event affected all of us and innocent people lost their lives for no good reason. Blacks shooting blacks in their shithole neighborhoods is a black problem and if they have no desire to clean up their problem - then why the hell should I care?

Force of habit. People usually refer to "social and political" issues together. I was not referring to social issues, specifically.

I misspoke.

I was mainly referring to the singing of the national anthem before each sporting event, i.e., to try to put forth the perception that sport organizations really  care about our military. Its just good PR for them. Keeps people watching = money.

X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
Why do you people even watch this horseshit on television.  Bunch of gay criminals chasing each other around for millions and want the white audience to fawn over them and you do.

Pathetic. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »
Why do you people even watch this horseshit on television.  Bunch of gay criminals chasing each other around for millions and want the white audience to fawn over them and you do.

Pathetic. 

I don't watch sports any more. I used to watch sports when I was younger. The singing of the national anthem has been going on for a long time at sporting events. Even those who dont watch sports, know it is sung at the beginning of games. I am baffled as to why. I don't sing the national anthem when I go into work. In most jobs you don't. Why do sports? Well, I guess its good PR and money making scheme.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
I don't watch sports any more. I used to watch sports when I was younger. The singing of the national anthem has been going on for a long time at sporting events. Even those who dont watch sports, know it is sung at the beginning of games. I am baffled as to why. I don't sing the national anthem when I go into work. In most jobs you don't. Why do sports? Well, I guess its good PR and money making scheme.
I think its a sign of unity.  Probably a meme that caught on that should not have.  The Star Spangled Banner is too good for sporting events in my opinion.  Those rats don't even deserve to listen to it.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »

Pathetic. 

Why don't you work? Are you disabled?

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »

Pathetic. 

Truth. Can think of much more important things to do than watch football. Like taking a shit or getting a boil lanced. Not even kidding, I laugh at all the sports nerds who's head are full of statistical facts about there favorite pro whatever. Like they are smart because of it. Most of them are overweight balding alcoholics who cant run to the fridge for their next snack let alone any real physical challenge.
h

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »

the anthem is part of the pre-game ritual but I think it's intended to lend a more serious tone to the proceedings. as if chasing a ball around was a national concern. football is serious business.
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2016, 09:19:06 PM »
the anthem is part of the pre-game ritual but I think it's intended to lend a more serious tone to the proceedings. as if chasing a ball around was a national concern. football is serious business.

Yeah, I don't get it. Sports are not that serious.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't get it. Sports are not that serious.

Not serious to who? The people who don't care or the ones that play and coach for a living?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 05:29:16 AM »
Not serious to who? The people who don't care or the ones that play and coach for a living?

Seattle player "NOW you have to listen to our message!"

Because the message of the national anthem wasn't enough, they had to usurp it for their own. 

Still say it's classy?  You may be the only one, coach ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »
Seattle player "NOW you have to listen to our message!"

Because the message of the national anthem wasn't enough, they had to usurp it for their own. 

Still say it's classy?  You may be the only one, coach ;)

lol...you're really struggling with this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2016, 09:28:40 AM »
lol...you're really struggling with this.

i think all of these football players that did protests are dicks.

i think they have means, and plenty of platform, and lots of ability to reach the masses with their political opinions.

I think their doing it - on 9/11 - during the national anthem - is trashy and disgusting.  And you thought so too when it was a player that looked like Kapernick.  But when your hero Pete Carroll condones Kapernick, and lets his entire team do it, you magically called it classy.

Call this what is is, coach ;)  

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 10:01:53 AM »
Black athletes protesting American "oppression"

a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 10:02:33 AM »
Coach is Biased!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
Coach is Biased!

Awesome. You must have stolen this from my FB page right after I posted it. I don't think there's anyone in the league that would fuck with James Harrison.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2016, 10:40:23 AM »
Awesome. You must have stolen this from my FB page right after I posted it. I don't think there's anyone in the league that would fuck with James Harrison.

wait... so you oppose kapernick protesting during the national anthem, but you think it's classy when the seahawks do it? 

that's just weird, coach.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
wait... so you oppose kapernick protesting during the national anthem, but you think it's classy when the seahawks do it? 

that's just weird, coach.

What's weird is that you can't tell the difference between what Kaepernick did and the message the Seahawks sent. You seem be the only one in the country that has a problem with this.....or is it just because it's Pete Carroll and the Hawks in general? For once be honest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2016, 04:11:47 PM »
What's weird is that you can't tell the difference between what Kaepernick did and the message the Seahawks sent. You seem be the only one in the country that has a problem with this.....or is it just because it's Pete Carroll and the Hawks in general? For once be honest.

They both chose to disrupt the national anthem, so they could push their own political agendas.

Hey dudes... you're famous athletes, you have thousands of followers and million of tv viewers every time you touch a mic or a football.

You don't need to "lock arms" and "show unity" so "NOW they'll listen to our message".... DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

It's classless, it's disrespectful. 

You seem to defend everything Carroll does.  ANyone else - cheating thru college, banging a college chick, supporting obama, badgering a 911 hero, being a 911 truther... anyone else, you'd call them a lib.

Coach - simple Q---  IS PETE CARROLL A LIB.... YES OR NO?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Coach - simple Q---  IS PETE CARROLL A LIB.... YES OR NO?

Probably, who else cares but you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »
Probably, who else cares but you?

NFL Team Led By 9/11 Truther Might Boycott National Anthem…On 9/11

Seattle Seahawks players say the team might boycott the national anthem during an upcoming game with the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, September 11 — the anniversary of the deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is a celebrity among 9/11 truthers. In a 2012 meeting with retired four-star general Peter Chiarelli, Carroll badgered him with questions about “every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/08/nfl-team-led-911-truther-might-boycott-national-anthem-911/