Author Topic: Epic A.L. East Race  (Read 6094 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Epic A.L. East Race
« on: September 11, 2016, 04:49:10 PM »
4 teams within 4 games of each other with 20 to play!

(so much more fun with the Yankees right there in the thick of it.)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Epic A.L. East Race
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »
I am pissed Toronto didn't sweep Boston.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »
maybe the Yankees should've kept Miller?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 07:05:56 PM »
maybe the Yankees should've kept Miller?

So, it's an interesting thought, as nobody that was acquired for Miller, Chapman OR Beltran is being used at the ML level.  The youth movement is more of getting the kids they had AB's at the expense of ARod, Beltran, McCann and Teixeira.

That lineup with the best bullpen in baseball would certainly be better positioned for a playoff run.

But I wouldn't undo it.  They're overperforming and actually fun to watch now.  The tired meme of them being old and expensive is no more, and over the course of the week, they made their farm system jump from the middle of the pack to the 2nd best in the sport.

Stay on the path with the youth, then spend a billion on Harper, Machado, or Fernandez.   Or all of them.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 07:10:51 AM »
So, it's an interesting thought, as nobody that was acquired for Miller, Chapman OR Beltran is being used at the ML level.  The youth movement is more of getting the kids they had AB's at the expense of ARod, Beltran, McCann and Teixeira.

That lineup with the best bullpen in baseball would certainly be better positioned for a playoff run.

But I wouldn't undo it.  They're overperforming and actually fun to watch now.  The tired meme of them being old and expensive is no more, and over the course of the week, they made their farm system jump from the middle of the pack to the 2nd best in the sport.

Stay on the path with the youth, then spend a billion on Harper, Machado, or Fernandez.   Or all of them.

i'm okay with that...as long as Trout never dons Yankee pinstripes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
i'm okay with that...as long as Trout never dons Yankee pinstripes.

He'd be a better fit than Harper.

I never thought Anaheim would trade him, but they've been horrible, and could turn their future around.

So, we'll TRADE for Trout, SIGN Harper.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

But this year, Toronto needs to get their shit together and beat the pretender atop the division.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:50:25 AM »
Blue Jays are pussies.   Retaliating for this?   Pitch almost in the zone, glances off body armor, caught by catcher.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1189248083/nyytor-donaldson-gets-hit-by-a-pitch-in-the-1st/?game_pk=449207
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
Blue Jays are pussies.   Retaliating for this?   Pitch almost in the zone, glances off body armor, caught by catcher.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1189248083/nyytor-donaldson-gets-hit-by-a-pitch-in-the-1st/?game_pk=449207

yeah, that was stupid. ump should've tossed Happ right away.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »
yeah, that was stupid. ump should've tossed Happ right away.

I need Toronto at full strength to beat our common enemy.

Please tell them to pipe down.
Y