Author Topic: The Morning of Reality  (Read 2547 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
The Morning of Reality
« on: September 17, 2016, 05:43:10 AM »
Well, by now we've all seen that Kevin's comeback was pure delusion.  While looking fantastic for your average guy of about 50, he didn't belong on an Olympia stage.  This wasn't Arnold in 1980 or Sergio in 84 or Lou in 92 (?).  Instead, it was embarassing.  But it was also a good thing.  Good, in that it forces you to look at reality on a lot of issues.  Reality, not the Internet.

First, the reality is that money talks and bullshit walks.  The Mr. O is boring and declining. They needed to do a publicity stunt like this to drum up even cursory interest, no matter whether it ends up being a huge insult to Phil and the rest of the competitors who earned their spots.

Second, the reality is no 50 year old man who hasn't trained regularly in years is going to be able to compete in the Olympia, regardless of drugs or genetics.  Reality is reality.  Levrone has better genetics than all but a handful of people on the plant and likely access to all the best supplements. The laws of physics don't change with the wishful thinking of schmoes, though.  This is a good thing for people to realize.

Third, reality says if people want to eat shit, you can't stop them without going with them.  I feel sad for Kevin.  Maybe I was projecting how I thought I would feel up there obviously making a jackass out of myself.  People talked about winning or top 6 or top 10.  Physique wise he was dead last.  Probably couldn't win the men's physique contest.  But he's a grown man and this was his choice.  I guess there was some short term money in it.

Fourth, the Instagram YouTube selfie bodybuilding age is upon us and it is a terrible lie.  Much worse than any of the lies told at the height of the Weider magazine empire.  It's all Kamali Kitchen lighting and never showing your legs.

Fifth, there is a normative power to the actual.  In my opinion, Levrone screwed his legacy.  Pictures of this poor showing cannot be undone.  It's gonna hurt psychologically.  Expect some issues with him in the next 3 years.  Poor guy.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
Re: The Morning of Reality
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:28 AM »
Fifth, there is a normative power to the actual.  In my opinion, Levrone screwed his legacy.  Pictures of this poor showing cannot be undone.  It's gonna hurt psychologically.  Expect some issues with him in the next 3 years.  Poor guy.

Well, given his age it isn't too bad actually.
©

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 05:56:42 AM »

Fourth, the Instagram YouTube selfie bodybuilding age is upon us and it is a terrible lie.  Much worse than any of the lies told at the height of the Weider magazine empire.  It's all Kamali Kitchen lighting and never showing your legs.

Truth.

Same in dating world. Everyone looks like young Brad Pitt in online dating site but in reality 90% are still jawless tit-cheeks with acne.
Women are even worse   :-X

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 06:10:20 AM »
Well, given his age it isn't too bad actually.

I saw a sadness in his eyes when he was walking out, as if he knew he had to finally face harsh reality.  Although, from a global perspective even being there is amazing and he has a better life than 99.9999999 percent of humans.  Train all day  and don't work.

How does he pay his bills?  Fart powder?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:18:51 AM »
I saw a sadness in his eyes when he was walking out, as if he knew he had to finally face harsh reality.  Although, from a global perspective even being there is amazing and he has a better life than 99.9999999 percent of humans.  Train all day  and don't work.

How does he pay his bills?  Fart powder?

I think that we all sorta knew that this whole thing was a mid-life crisis for Levrone.

And fans want the 90's to comeback.... but that time is gone.

BUT A LEAST HE TRIED

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
I think you hit on something with the internet stuff. People had created a false reality based on the story he was telling himself and them. With his Instagram and Facebook you believed he really may come back and do major damage but those who were thinking with their brains and not emotion didn't really believe if. Just goes to show you can create any sort of story on the Internet that's not based in reality

Also I hope he has a supportive family who encourages him to find a new passion for his life...mayb become a coach like Cormier

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »
I think that we all sorta knew that this whole thing was a mid-life crisis for Levrone.

BUT A LEAST HE TRIED

there are a lot of 90s physiques around now, problem is they dont get pro cards anymore.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »
You could see it in Kevin's eyes and the way he spoke that he knew he was outclassed. He tried to deflect some of the undue attention away (looking at you PALUMBO).

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 08:37:40 AM »
he hasnt ruined his legacy

what a pathetic thing to say

its a beauty pagent ffs
T

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
The best part of this board is the projection of our own feelings (insecurities) onto the pros and thinking for ONE SINGLE SECOND we actually know how they feel and what goes through their minds. Empathy gone wild.  

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 10:03:51 AM »
The best part of this board is the projection of our own feelings (insecurities) onto the pros and thinking for ONE SINGLE SECOND we actually know how they feel and what goes through their minds. Empathy gone wild.  

Thanks, you're definitely right.  Getbig is a mirror to the soul.

I stand by my ruined legacy comment.  As if the rock n roll band and failed movie career wasn't enough, at least those were nonbodybuilding.  By coming back, the Internet is now filled forever with shitty pictures of him.  Probably far more of a volume because of the growth of the Internet.

It's like Hillary's face plant video.  That, in some great part, now defines her.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
It's like Hillary's face plant video.  That, in some great part, now defines her.

Trump's POW comment was the same way.   In any other decade, they are DONE.   In 2016, it's just another 72 hours and that story is history, replaced by something else more outlandish.

hilary, likely battling stage 3 parkinsons, will still coast to the presidency now that Trump's momentum is cooling.  I heard she overtook him in a poll last night?  Now that people realize she's hiding something - but isn't in a hospital bed - many still see her as safer than Trump, with his insecure immature war boner.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 10:50:50 AM »
Well, by now we've all seen that Kevin's comeback was pure delusion.  While looking fantastic for your average guy of about 50, he didn't belong on an Olympia stage.  This wasn't Arnold in 1980 or Sergio in 84 or Lou in 92 (?).  Instead, it was embarassing.  But it was also a good thing.  Good, in that it forces you to look at reality on a lot of issues.  Reality, not the Internet.

First, the reality is that money talks and bullshit walks.  The Mr. O is boring and declining. They needed to do a publicity stunt like this to drum up even cursory interest, no matter whether it ends up being a huge insult to Phil and the rest of the competitors who earned their spots.

Second, the reality is no 50 year old man who hasn't trained regularly in years is going to be able to compete in the Olympia, regardless of drugs or genetics.  Reality is reality.  Levrone has better genetics than all but a handful of people on the plant and likely access to all the best supplements. The laws of physics don't change with the wishful thinking of schmoes, though.  This is a good thing for people to realize.

Third, reality says if people want to eat shit, you can't stop them without going with them.  I feel sad for Kevin.  Maybe I was projecting how I thought I would feel up there obviously making a jackass out of myself.  People talked about winning or top 6 or top 10.  Physique wise he was dead last.  Probably couldn't win the men's physique contest.  But he's a grown man and this was his choice.  I guess there was some short term money in it.

Spot on INSIGHT.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »

BUT A LEAST HE TRIED

Dexter has been competing since the 90's and look at him.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »
there are a lot of 90s physiques around now, problem is they dont get pro cards anymore.

Again, Dexter Jackson anyone?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »
Earl this morning  :'(

DanzigBrah

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »
I predict a string of DUI's followed by mentzeresque ending.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 12:25:05 PM »
I knew Levrone wouldn't win.
I knew he wouldn't be top 3.
But I hoped he'd be 6th.....too bad. He should not place. :'(

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
Again, Dexter Jackson anyone?
Dexter doesn't have a 90s physique anymore.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »

I disagree Kevin is not an idiot dont you think he was looking at his legs over the past months and realize that they are not coming up that is why he only post pictures of his upper body, he could have easily faked an injury or made up some excuse and not complete but he still went through with it knowing that he was not impressive that takes balls, kevin will be perfectly fine he got a lot of publicity and made some good money from all of this. 

Hack Benchers

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »
Truth.

Same in dating world. Everyone looks like young Brad Pitt in online dating site but in reality 90% are still jawless tit-cheeks with acne.
Women are even worse   :-X

Step 1. Take 2500 pics of yourself until you got one that has such an unusual angle that it magically makes you look a lot different/better than in real life.
Stel 2. Use as profile pic

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 01:40:46 PM »
guys lets be real here, this was kevins attempt to make some money , nothing more, kevin has done much himself since 03

by generating some hype in his return he got signed by md to write his ghost articles,  and got some people to buy his shitty supplements and over priced  sweat shirts.

kevin will probably say , well lets see what happens if i train for another year.  thus generating another year of income for him. 

he didnt do this because he wanted to he did it cause he had to,  not like kevin has ever had a job in his life.  and i doubt he put any money away .

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 02:04:17 PM »
^^Dead On with this!^^

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 02:31:14 PM »
Trump's POW comment was the same way.   In any other decade, they are DONE.   In 2016, it's just another 72 hours and that story is history, replaced by something else more outlandish.

hilary, likely battling stage 3 parkinsons, will still coast to the presidency now that Trump's momentum is cooling.  I heard she overtook him in a poll last night?  Now that people realize she's hiding something - but isn't in a hospital bed - many still see her as safer than Trump, with his insecure immature war boner.

Thanks for the delusion, please relate it to the Mr. Olympia somehow.  Here I will help.  Trump's POW comment doesn't matter at all compared to Hillary's face plant on video viewed by tens of millions if not more.  Politics, like bodybuilding, is a visual sport.