Author Topic: How would you know if you got abcess?  (Read 3353 times)

Slick Vic

How would you know if you got abcess?
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »
Would you know immediately after injection? Would it take a few hours? Few days? Weeks? etc.  ???

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: How would you know if you got abcess?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:08:21 PM »
it would take around a couple days.. an abcess is when an infection of the injection spot has occured, due to foregein object or unsanitary procedures..

the spot will become swollen, pink or red and very warm, its basically the body surrounding the germ and filling with puss to keep it from spreading in the body

others can chime in more on symptoms, ive yet to have one

Slick Vic

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:16:23 PM »
Yeah. I knew about the symptoms. Just didn't know when the symptoms would occur.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:32:28 PM »
the skin will get real tight,it will turn red,hurt and feel warm to the touch.
youll know when you have one

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:57:09 PM »
it f*cking hurts!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:31:09 AM »
Yeah. I knew about the symptoms. Just didn't know when the symptoms would occur.

There are immediate and longterm symptoms.

Immediately, it will swell and feel hot and swollen.

You may get sick, like Test flu, in the next few days.

It will only get larger if it's an abscess......puss may ooze out.

You will know something is wrong, trust me.

A doc will have to cut it open and drain it.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 02:52:29 AM »
There are immediate and longterm symptoms.

Immediately, it will swell and feel hot and swollen.

You may get sick, like Test flu, in the next few days.

It will only get larger if it's an abscess......puss may ooze out.

You will know something is wrong, trust me.

A doc will have to cut it open and drain it.

DIV

thats pretty much on the money. few more things though

1) you might walk with infection/abcess for a while before it starts hurting you or showing any symptoms such as fever/sickness. when it starts you will KNOW it. it simply immposible to suffer and needs immidiate care.

2) USUALLY it will start disturbing you when it's big enough and the muscle/body cant take it anymore. take the quad for example....the moment you know you got an abcess and not only a simple infection is when the muscle lock on you. by "lock" i mean you WILL NOT  be able to bend your leg...you wont even be able to touch the other leg's calf with the leg that has the abcess in its quad.

3)abcess will not always be red or pink! it depends how deep it is into the muscle!! abcess that is 2 inch into the muscle will not show any redness signs! it will grow by the day and will hurt every day more and more and your body will get weaker and weaker and fever will get higher and higher but redness wont be there and thus most regular doctors will determine its muscle spasm ot something simple and will give you keflex antibiotics and will tell you bunch of bullshit about hot/cold packs. now all this is good if you have a simple infection but IT IS NOT good if you have abcess! especially not deep abcess.

4)my recommendation is to go as fast as you can to a good hospital. and by good hospital i mean NOT EMERGENCY ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME LITTLE ASS TOWN IN ALABAMA. i mean good hospital that can do ct on you and see how deep the abcess is and wether it can be drained or in the worse case get cut open in a surgery.

5) always ask for a second and third opinions from doctors and surgeons since some surgeons LOVE to cut it open eventhough in many cases the abcess can get drained with a catater that looks like an accordion.

6) i do recommend you to tell the doctors its due to steroid use since it will help them giving you the right care! and by right care i mean the right antibiotics!! most doctors love to call anything "cellulatis" which in our case we know it is not. they wont write it on the insurence so you got nothing to worry about)

7) a simple abcess very close to the skin surface will be drained on the spot and you will be sent home fast. a deeper abcess will be drained or cut in a sugery and you will have to stay in hospital for about 5-6 days on iv and heavy antibiotics through iv.

8)always remember! when the doc comes to you and tell you that they looked and saw that the abcess is deep 2 inch in the muscle...always remember that there is a layer of skin that some of them do not consider! so sometimes it is only 1 inch into the muscle while the other inch is under the skin!! the spot of the abcess will be mushy and soft like valentino arms and you will feel very uncomfortable and it will hurt the bones around it. it will be like you sit or laying on a pack of silicon only diff is that this "silicone" will be inside you. dont ever agree to to cut it open unless few doctors saw it and said that this is the only way. cutting it open means 3-4 months recovery since they do not use stiches and they leave it open to heal from the inside out! its a messy process of recovery. always aim for the drain!! it is a lot more simple and recovery wont be 3 months but more like 2-3 weeks.

9) the worst thing you can do with abcess is wait. you can wait 10 days or after you start feeling it...it will be painfull but 10-14 days is the max i would wait. your white blood count usually start climbing...your white blood cells start forming a shield around the abcess and that is why sometimes you may think you can just rest and it will go away. it is never the case. what happens is that the white blood cells are wrapping the abcess from all directions they attacking it and isolate it but CAN NEVER PENETRATE IT!!. that is why the right antibiotics and only the right ones will keep it at the same size and stop it from growing yet it wont shrink it and wont be able to make the white blood cells penetrate the infection/abcess. abcess is a big pimple! it mustbe either drained and poped with a needle or be cut open in  a surgery! only then it will shrink and break apart and the white blood cells will be able to attack it and penetrate it. only when it's popped you will feel relief.

10) dont ever try to drain it by yourself like valentino mumbles around otherwise you will end up with his thousand health problems and might lose your leg or arm and i know few who did lose legs due to abcess! you must be on the right antibiotics through iv when a big abcess get popped! NEVER try to stick a needle by yourself and take care of it. also if you wait too long it can get in your blood! the moment it gets in your blood most chances are will end up 6 feet under.

fallen angel