Author Topic: Never buy a condo  (Read 14001 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Never buy a condo
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »
I guarantee you that woman with the kids who stopped paying had a mid to poor credit score.  Most landlords are so greedy for rent money they become short sighted and take almost anyone as a tenant.  That decision blows up in their face later and then they cry to everyone about their tenant troubles.  If you screen prospective tenants and limit yourself to very well qualified people you won't have any problems.

It is better for your property to remain empty than to fill it with the wrong tenant (who may damage the property, fail to pay rent, won't leave when you try to get them out, bother your neighbors, etc).

There was heavy damage and she had a cat that had no box. ???  The smell was permeating the whole floor above mine and my tenant could smell it. Oh and from what I heard she would also leave her young children alone all the time while she went out doing whatever. Child protective services were there all the time.

I almost bought it at foreclosure at the time due to it's proximity to Boston; however, when I added in the cost of the repairs it wasn't such a great deal.