Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Wants Higher Estate Taxes, But Not on Her Family  (Read 2951 times)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Hillary Clinton Wants Higher Estate Taxes, But Not on Her Family
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »
Yeah - lets take someones money and waste it on bullshit.   Sounds like a plan to me.

I'm all for debating what we should spend money on or not on.  But one of the reasons for the estate tax is to prevent an aristocracy from forming.  If it wasn't for the estate tax, the Rockefeller great great grandchildren and the Getty grandchildren would be running the country, both in government and private industry.  Gates and Zuckerberg's great-grandchildren would be running it in 100 years.

Income inequality is the highest it's been in the US since the 1920s.  The current income inequality is due in large part by the lowering of tax rates on the rich by Reagan and W Bush.  Trump has now proposed even more tax breaks for the rich.

Unregulated capitalism always ends up with oligarchs.  Do you want to live in an oligarchy?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
I'm all for debating what we should spend money on or not on.  But one of the reasons for the estate tax is to prevent an aristocracy from forming.  If it wasn't for the estate tax, the Rockefeller great great grandchildren and the Getty grandchildren would be running the country, both in government and private industry.  Gates and Zuckerberg's great-grandchildren would be running it in 100 years.

Income inequality is the highest it's been in the US since the 1920s.  The current income inequality is due in large part by the lowering of tax rates on the rich by Reagan and W Bush.  Trump has now proposed even more tax breaks for the rich.

Unregulated capitalism always ends up with oligarchs.  Do you want to live in an oligarchy?

We do live in an Oligarchy. They own Hillary, but they don't own Trump.

Income inequality is caused by government hands out, to the shit "people" that vote for the democrats, and will continue to vote democrat, to get more for nothing, from money stolen , through taxation to pay of the shit "people" to vote democrat, instead of going out applying themselves, by working hard, and making something out of themselves, and upping their incomes.

As long as half the population is working for a living, and the other half is voting for a living, then you can be sure we are ruled by an Oligarchy, who is stealing, through taxation, from the useful
productive people, to pay for the votes of shit "people." Robbing Peter, to pay Paul, will always get you the vote of Paul.

The other part of income inequality is IQ. Bill Gates created a lot of very high paying jobs for highly intelligent people. All the numbskull, dirtballs at the bottom of society don't have the brains to do anything but shovel shit, or collect welfare. Should we make sure they collect high government payouts, and reproduce more shit "people" such as themselves, and create more generations of human garbage?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 03:45:21 PM »

The other part of income inequality is IQ. Bill Gates created a lot of very high paying jobs for highly intelligent people. All the numbskull, dirtballs at the bottom of society don't have the brains to do anything but shovel shit, or collect welfare. Should we make sure they collect high government payouts, and reproduce more shit "people" such as themselves, and create more generations of human garbage?

I have said this exact thing, but these people who are shoveling are the "middle class".

Turning a wrench on an assembly line in a Ford plant isn't some highly skilled position. It's not high IQ, and those are the jobs that are leaving the US.

So what is the difference?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »
I have said this exact thing, but these people who are shoveling are the "middle class".

Turning a wrench on an assembly line in a Ford plant isn't some highly skilled position. It's not high IQ, and those are the jobs that are leaving the US.

So what is the difference?

The "wrench turning jobs" have been automated a long time ago. You need the IQ to be trained as an IT tech these days.

"So what's the difference?", what do you mean?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
The "wrench turning jobs" have been automated a long time ago. You need the IQ to be trained as an IT tech these days.

"So what's the difference?", what do you mean?

I mean, the premise that Trump or anyone can "bring back" these "middle class" jobs is just not realistic.

I have said numerous times in the past that the jobs are not going to "return" because the skills needed to do jobs has changed. I've continuously said that there are middle class and upper middle class jobs, but they are not in the same vein as they used to be. They are more higher skilled.

So how does Trump or anyone else, fix that?

The reality is that they can not.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
I mean, the premise that Trump or anyone can "bring back" these "middle class" jobs is just not realistic.

I have said numerous times in the past that the jobs are not going to "return" because the skills needed to do jobs has changed. I've continuously said that there are middle class and upper middle class jobs, but they are not in the same vein as they used to be. They are more higher skilled.

So how does Trump or anyone else, fix that?
The reality is that they can not.

35% tariff on imported goods, and services.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »
35% tariff on imported goods, and services.

Do you believe that will actually happen?

Even if it does, who does that hurt? Just the consumer, the company will just pass the tariff on to anyone who can afford to buy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
Do you believe that will actually happen?

Even if it does, who does that hurt? Just the consumer, the company will just pass the tariff on to anyone who can afford to buy.

true that.   People don't realize most poor folks already spend all of their money on these things.  Raise the price by 35% and they don't spend 35% more lol.  They spend way less.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »
true that.   People don't realize most poor folks already spend all of their money on these things.  Raise the price by 35% and they don't spend 35% more lol.  They spend way less.

Well, they spend the exact same amount. They just get less for their money.

This is just basic math.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »
Income inequality is caused by government hands out, to the shit "people" that vote for the democrats, and will continue to vote democrat, to get more for nothing, from money stolen , through taxation to pay of the shit "people" to vote democrat, instead of going out applying themselves, by working hard, and making something out of themselves, and upping their incomes.

That does not explain the vast income inequality of the past, in third world countries, banana republics, etc.

You're confusing cause and effect.  You say government handouts leads to income inequality.  But extreme income inequality tends to lead to revolution.  Government handouts are a way to prevent abject poverty and revolution when there is income inequality.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »

The problem is that these jobs are not going to last in Mexico, China, India or anywhere else.  Automation will replace most workers everywhere.  We are getting to where 10% of the population can provide all the needs of the entire planet.  We don't need workers any more.  That means abject poverty for 90% of the planet, or guaranteed income (a type of government handout) for all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 05:41:44 PM »
The problem is that these jobs are not going to last in Mexico, China, India or anywhere else.  Automation will replace most workers everywhere.  We are getting to where 10% of the population can provide all the needs of the entire planet.  We don't need workers any more.  That means abject poverty for 90% of the planet, or guaranteed income (a type of government handout) for all.

they can innovate.  I'm 40 and I'm studying 3+ hours every day, learning new skills.   We all need to do it.  Gone are the days of learning a skill at 22 years old and just doing that for life.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »
they can innovate.  I'm 40 and I'm studying 3+ hours every day, learning new skills.   We all need to do it.  Gone are the days of learning a skill at 22 years old and just doing that for life.

I agree. I take new classes constantly.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 05:56:37 PM »
That does not explain the vast income inequality of the past, in third world countries, banana republics, etc.

You're confusing cause and effect.  You say government handouts leads to income inequality.  But extreme income inequality tends to lead to revolution.  Government handouts are a way to prevent abject poverty and revolution when there is income inequality.

No. The rise in income inequality, is proportionate to the rise in government handouts. As government handouts have grown, so has income inequality.

The American Revolution was spawned by taxation without representation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 06:23:34 PM »
Do you think you'll have an net worth of more than $5.5 million (which goes up each year adjusted for inflation) when you die?   And you don't include what ever is in your 401k or retirement account.  If you really are worth that much, then you surely have a financial advisor who can show you ways to transfer ownership of some of your company before you die.

Probably not and it really doesn't matter and yes, i do have a financial adviser but thats besides the point. My parents, family members or I did not work all of our lives to leave almost 3/4 to the government and yes, it's as black and white as that.

You say you started with nothing and built it into something.  But as we argued 4 years ago, you didn't build it on your own in a vacuum. You had public education, and since you're about my age, probably pretty cheap public college. Your employees have public education.  Your customers do too, so that they can make enough money to spend on your product.  Even though you're rich, you really don't have to worry about being kidnapped and held for ransom.   You have cheap gas, clean air and water.  on and on.

Sorry Tim, I did build that with no hand outs, no loans and no one owed raising my son on my own. The idea of owning a business is to make money, not give away but retain profits and pay as little taxes as possible to keep the bottom line up. I'm not against taxes, I'm against unnecessary taxes that affect families and society as a whole. The government has no business intruding on assets that families have built for their children, grandchildren or other wise, it's their money not the govenments

Taxes are what we pay for civilized society.  It is perfectly ok to argue how taxes are spent.  I for one,  think military spending at levels much higher than when we were facing down the Soviet Union is foolish.  Two trillion dollars on the Iraq war!  We could have just given Sadam Husein and his two sons a billion each and let them live in Trump tower.

Didn't our support of Sanders show you anything?  Obama and both Clintons are right of center, pro business, neocons.   So is Feinstein.  If only we could get someone from left of center into the White House, or as a California senator.

Sanders? are you kidding? He basically ran on a platform of FREE everything which takes away any incentive for people to actually get a job and contribute to society. Thats just a fact, Tim

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »
3/4 to the government?  Stopped reading at this point.  This is all you've got.  Lies and what ifs.  Sorry if you think I'm a simpleton.  Fact is, this shit is pretty simple.  The American dream existed prior to Ronald Regan.  It's been trickling down into the toilet ever since.  Hope this helps, fuckface.