Author Topic: I finally understand "White Privilege" - a black dude or muslim would be dead.  (Read 779 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
True story - 3 weeks ago -

I have a V Force Weight Vest (Best one there is BTW) I use.  V Force Weight Vest is the tits.  Awesome piece of training gear.  Sometimes I like switching from the heavy pack and wear the vest instead and try to work in weights dips and pull ups and push ups w the vest along the way. 

I was out on a ruck, I live in pretty urban area and try to stick to off roads if I can if i know im doing a long Ruck or training session, but cant avoid the urban jungle most of the time.  Reason being - lights ,  traffic,  fat fucks in the street, all upset the flow when I just want to bang out the miles at a good pace.   

So - i'm just walking down the street on the last bit to where I live, Ipod Shuffle clipped to the front of the vest, headphones on blasting Slayer and Hatebreed.  The vest looks tacti-cool - its multicam color.  Was wearing Rocky C4T Desert Combat boots, cargo shorts, Ranger Up type shirt w reverse flag on the sleeve, basically looking like a complete tool.  But thats my style. 

Anyway - 2 cop cars and an ambalamps roll up on me HARD.  They cut me off at the corner and stop traffic both ways.  Cop gets out tells me to freeze - has hand on weapon, etc.  The ambulance is holding traffic from flowing forward.  A small crowd is gathering quick to see whats up. 

Someone called in dangerous looking man with bomb walking down street.  Crowd is looking on.  Cop is yelling at me - i stay calm - i tell him - officer - its weight training vest, can i get my id for you?  He was like 'What?"  I said yeah - a weight training vest - and he was like - for F's sake bro - someone called in an APB on your ass.  I'm like yeah - i do these stupid events where we pretend to be SEAL's and shit.   Now - i had on desert tan combat boots, the vest, a shirt w backward american flag, under armour black hat, etc - so to me - im looking like a fool - but not dangerous - and we laughed about it after i gave id - told him i knew one of his bros on the force, etc.  Actually - guy on the force was a ex training partner back in the 90's - dude is jacked!!! 

Lesson being - dont be a dick to the cops.  Then i went into Chipolte and the ambulance crew that rolled up on me were there - and were laughing like - bro - we called for the stupidist shit. 

Now if it were a black dude like Option D or Melvin - yeah - they probably would be shot dead on sight and the cops given a medal.  Me - we have a good laugh and play grab ass. 

Moral of the story is - not sure - just thought it was funny what happened and general public is really fat and dumb.   But that to me is white privilege for sure. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
yep.   imagine if you're wearing a Che t-shirt, speak broken english, have dark skin of any variety, and maybe have a hearing disability.   They would have turned you into swiss cheese.    you're a laughing bald white dude they have a lot in common with - they immediately put the guns down.  

And had they shot you and found rocks in your backpack, instead of TNT, they probably would have said you made a threatening move.  I mean, you'd already be capped (dead men tell no lies) and they don't want to lose job, house, and go to prison when the truth won't bring you back.

Body cameras = very important!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
yep.   imagine if you're wearing a Che t-shirt, speak broken english, have dark skin of any variety, and maybe have a hearing disability.   They would have turned you into swiss cheese.    you're a laughing bald white dude they have a lot in common with - they immediately put the guns down.  

And had they shot you and found rocks in your backpack, instead of TNT, they probably would have said you made a threatening move.  I mean, you'd already be capped (dead men tell no lies) and they don't want to lose job, house, and go to prison when the truth won't bring you back.

Body cameras = very important!

Me:  Fitness Enthusiest wrongfully mistaken for dangerous man murdered by poorly trained officer

Black Dude -  Cops heroic in taking down dangerous individual who posed imminent threat to public in major urban area.   

Muslim - he deserved it - FNG moron.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Cop is yelling at me - i stay calm - i tell him - officer - its weight training vest, can i get my id for you?  He was like 'What?"  I said yeah - a weight training vest - and he was like - for F's sake bro - someone called in an APB on your ass.]

Maybe you stumbled upon a laid back cop; not all cops would be as cool when you tell them "it's a weight vest" and say ""ah really? you're cool then". Did you find out who reported you?

Having said that, you should've just told him about your post count on getbig and call him a tiny tit.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
I too have just recently (past couple of years) had a couple of these types of encounters where I realized that if I was not white, I would have not been just talked to and released the way I was.

It's different when it's in your face isn't it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Maybe you stumbled upon a laid back cop; not all cops would be as cool when you tell them "it's a weight vest" and say ""ah really? you're cool then". Did you find out who reported you?

Having said that, you should've just told him about your post count on getbig and call him a tiny tit.

He made me take out of one of the weights to make sure and just shook his head.

it was some land whale on the strip in flip flops eating ice cream - just being a typical fat fuck american slob on welfare probably.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I too have just recently (past couple of years) had a couple of these types of encounters where I realized that if I was not white, I would have not been just talked to and released the way I was.

It's different when it's in your face isn't it?

for sure - but then again - how many black dudes really out there w a multicam weight vest on busting their ass day in and day out etc.  Where I live most, not just black, but everyone - are fat slobs, skinny hipsters, etc.  and where I live whites are minority by far.    So they probably called in white nazi extremist with a bomb, etc

I'm in pretty damn good shape - so a land whale I can see being afraid 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
He made me take out of one of the weights to make sure and just shook his head.

it was some land whale on the strip in flip flops eating ice cream - just being a typical fat fuck american slob on welfare probably.    

Interesting. Did he ask you to take out the weight after you showed him some id? Did you hand it to him or put in on the ground? Was he still holding his gun? Did he point the gun towards you? In the wake of recent cases in NY and NJ you'd expect the cops to be very jumpy.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
for sure - but then again - how many black dudes really out there w a multicam weight vest on busting their ass day in and day out etc.  Where I live most, not just black, but everyone - are fat slobs, skinny hipsters, etc.  and where I live whites are minority by far.    So they probably called in white nazi extremist with a bomb, etc

I'm in pretty damn good shape - so a land whale I can see being afraid 

Not many people of any color do that stuff of course, but if you were black, enjoy reaching for your wallet with a bullet in your chest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I can see how a dude like me - totally relatable to the cops, fire, dudes on the force, go along get along, etc - easy way talking out of shit.  Like - yeah - bro - my buddy Gino is a detective in the 44.  Tension drops immediately.

Some black dude rolling down in combat boots , a weight vest, listening to the anger in the headphones - that dude is in trouble , a lot of trouble, same scenario as I was.  

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Nothing compared to "pussy pass" - no matter the color.

Most women in world would be dead with their behavior if they were men.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Interesting. Did he ask you to take out the weight after you showed him some id? Did you hand it to him or put in on the ground? Was he still holding his gun? Did he point the gun towards you? In the wake of recent cases in NY and NJ you'd expect the cops to be very jumpy.

Before - i was like - bro - let me take out the weight ill show you.  and then he was like - dude you live here?  I'm like - yeah two blocks away - i work out at NYSC and work down the block - took out the weight he was holding it - then asked for ID.  No problem - got my wallet from cargo pants - and it was all good.  We laughed about it.  He was looking at my DL and was like - Bro - 41 yo!!!  GTFO!!!  I told him - dude this is how I roll. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Not many people of any color do that stuff of course, but if you were black, enjoy reaching for your wallet with a bullet in your chest.

This vest - those weights would probably stop a 308  - but i wouldnt want to test it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Before - i was like - bro - let me take out the weight ill show you.  and then he was like - dude you live here?  I'm like - yeah two blocks away - i work out at NYSC and work down the block - took out the weight he was holding it - then asked for ID.  No problem - got my wallet from cargo pants - and it was all good.  We laughed about it.  He was looking at my DL and was like - Bro - 41 yo!!!  GTFO!!!  I told him - dude this is how I roll. 

LOL imagine the same scenario if you spoke broken english and had a koran with you. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL imagine the same scenario if you spoke broken english and had a koran with you. 

Commendations for terrorist taken out that day. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
:D

Yeah, i could see how that might cause you a problm.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, i could see how that might cause you a problm.

Its a great training device

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
But it's true a darker person would be left face down on ground for who knows how long, while the police walk around in circles doing fuck all.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Its a great training device

Had just read a little while back about it happening to this guy (an Iranian) in England:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
The guy actually said this, and he's 100% full of shit imo.

“I’m 100 per cent sure that if I was blond with Caucasian skin type nobody would have noticed and said anything about it, but I’m of dark skin complexion and from Iran and I’m sure that’s related to it.”

STUDENT Goudarz Karimi was just hoping to get fitter when he went out for a quiet jog with a weight vest on.

The item is used by the likes of Prince Harry, but the Iranian PhD student ended up being confronted by armed officers reacting to fears he could be a suicide bomber.

Mr Karimi said: “They told me ‘Stop! Stop! Put your hands in the air. Drop everything you have.’ “The police removed my weight vest and examined it. They started asking questions: ‘What are you doing?’ “They said they had a report of someone walking in a bomb suit. There were police cars and the street was blocked.”

Mr Karimi, 25, was made to remove the 30kg vest so officers could check it for explosives during the incident in Southfield Road, East Oxford, at 3.20pm on Monday.

Last night he said he feared his ethnic origin had sparked the concerns.

He said when it became obvious it was a piece of fitness kit he was still asked to stop wearing it by police.

He said: “They told me I’d have take my vest off – I didn’t want to provoke anything else and that’s why I put my jacket over it.

“I’m 100 per cent sure that if I was blond with Caucasian skin type nobody would have noticed and said anything about it, but I’m of dark skin complexion and from Iran and I’m sure that’s related to it.”

He said officers advised him not to wear it in the street in future. but Thames Valley Police dispute this.

Mr Karimi, who is studying for a PhD in physiology, anatomy and genetics at Oxford University, said: “I felt a bit like my rights were violated. The police told me to take my vest off and to go home and I don’t see why I should.

“The point is the first time they stopped me, they asked me not to walk there anymore – they said: ‘Maybe it’s better somewhere else, like in a park’.

“Then later, when I wanted to do another round of the block and I was walking near the police car, the police officer said: ‘You’ve got to stop.’ “I said ‘I’ve not finished my work-out’ and he explicitly said: ‘Take off your vest’.”

He said that was when he covered the vest with his coat.

The training vest is a popular piece of fitness kit regularly used by boxers and rugby players and even Prince Harry as he prepared for his recent Arctic charity trek.

Supt Amanda Pearson, of Oxford police, said: “Police received a call from a member of the public who was concerned about a man walking in Southfield Road, with what he thought was a vest which may have contained explosives. Officers attended and spoke to the man, who explained he was wearing a weight vest for personal training reasons.

“The vest was checked and officers confirmed this was the case and there was no need for public alarm.

“While I appreciate that in this case being stopped and checked by the officers may have been unsettling to the gentlemen concerned, the officers were responding to a call from a member of the public who had a genuine concern and police are duty bound to investigate any calls of this nature to ensure public safety.”

She said: “In order to stop any further calls from members of the public, the gentleman was asked to put his coat on, which he agreed to do.

“There was no legal requirement for the gentleman to put on his jacket and he did not have to do so.”

She added: “The officers have to weigh up a number of factors to determine if a stop and search is proportionate, and justified, and the decision to stop and search would not be made on ethnicity alone and wasn’t in this case.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The guy actually said this, and he's 100% full of shit imo.

STUDENT Goudarz Karimi was just hoping to get fitter when he went out for a quiet jog with a weight vest on.

The item is used by the likes of Prince Harry, but the Iranian PhD student ended up being confronted by armed officers reacting to fears he could be a suicide bomber.

Mr Karimi said: “They told me ‘Stop! Stop! Put your hands in the air. Drop everything you have.’ “The police removed my weight vest and examined it. They started asking questions: ‘What are you doing?’ “They said they had a report of someone walking in a bomb suit. There were police cars and the street was blocked.”

Mr Karimi, 25, was made to remove the 30kg vest so officers could check it for explosives during the incident in Southfield Road, East Oxford, at 3.20pm on Monday.

Last night he said he feared his ethnic origin had sparked the concerns.

He said when it became obvious it was a piece of fitness kit he was still asked to stop wearing it by police.

He said: “They told me I’d have take my vest off – I didn’t want to provoke anything else and that’s why I put my jacket over it.

He said officers advised him not to wear it in the street in future. but Thames Valley Police dispute this.

Mr Karimi, who is studying for a PhD in physiology, anatomy and genetics at Oxford University, said: “I felt a bit like my rights were violated. The police told me to take my vest off and to go home and I don’t see why I should.

“The point is the first time they stopped me, they asked me not to walk there anymore – they said: ‘Maybe it’s better somewhere else, like in a park’.

“Then later, when I wanted to do another round of the block and I was walking near the police car, the police officer said: ‘You’ve got to stop.’ “I said ‘I’ve not finished my work-out’ and he explicitly said: ‘Take off your vest’.”

He said that was when he covered the vest with his coat.

The training vest is a popular piece of fitness kit regularly used by boxers and rugby players and even Prince Harry as he prepared for his recent Arctic charity trek.

Supt Amanda Pearson, of Oxford police, said: “Police received a call from a member of the public who was concerned about a man walking in Southfield Road, with what he thought was a vest which may have contained explosives. Officers attended and spoke to the man, who explained he was wearing a weight vest for personal training reasons.

“The vest was checked and officers confirmed this was the case and there was no need for public alarm.

“While I appreciate that in this case being stopped and checked by the officers may have been unsettling to the gentlemen concerned, the officers were responding to a call from a member of the public who had a genuine concern and police are duty bound to investigate any calls of this nature to ensure public safety.”

She said: “In order to stop any further calls from members of the public, the gentleman was asked to put his coat on, which he agreed to do.

“There was no legal requirement for the gentleman to put on his jacket and he did not have to do so.”

She added: “The officers have to weigh up a number of factors to determine if a stop and search is proportionate, and justified, and the decision to stop and search would not be made on ethnicity alone and wasn’t in this case.”

He is full of shit - im white and bald amnd got rolled up

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
He is full of shit - im white and bald amnd got rolled up

Exactly.  And if someone has concern, I doubt the person could take eyes off the vest long enough to even care about skin color.

Really, when it comes down to it, it serves the guy right if he's going to take that attitude.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Guy should be shipped off in the first crate headed for Iran.