Author Topic: Yes, Clinton Said The Trans-Pacific Partnership Was The 'Gold Standard' Of Trade  (Read 323 times)

James

During their first debate face-off, Donald Trump hit Hillary Clinton over her support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Trump slammed the former first lady, who originally supported the massive free trade agreement, for calling it the “gold standard” of trade agreements. The issue of trade provided Trump with a window to launch the first significant attack against her last night—and yes, Clinton did describe TPP as such. Clinton tried to wiggle her way out of this endorsement of a trade agreement the Trump says will bring about the death knell to American manufacturing.

DONALD TRUMP: You called it the gold standard. You call it the gold standard of trade deals.
HILLARY CLINTON: You know what --

DONALD TRUMP: You said it’s the finest deal you’ve ever seen.

HILLARY CLINTON: No.

DONALD TRUMP: And then you heard what I said about it and all of a sudden you were against it.

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, Donald, I know you live in your own reality, but that is not the facts. The facts are, I did say, I hoped it would be a good deal. But when it was negotiated, which I was not possible for, I concluded it wasn't. I wrote about that -- in my….

DONALD TRUMP: So is it President Obama’s fault?

HILLARY CLINTON: ...before you even announced.

DONALD TRUMP: Secretary, is it President Obama’s fault?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
These issues of trade show how the entire "political class" are working against us.  I believe NAFTA was negotiated under GHW Bush, then cheered-on and signed by Bill Clinton.

The "conservative" GHW Bush and the "liberal" Bill Clinton both act as the perfect robots for the wealthiest in this world.  Their political definitions are being used to mislead us to the extreme, and that's a fact.  When it comes down to it, these guys belong to the same party: a party that needs to be hidden because it's so damaging to the public.