Author Topic: Muscle Mayhem...For Those Who Are Too Young To Remember  (Read 14395 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Muscle Mayhem...For Those Who Are Too Young To Remember
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:25:31 PM »
For those who wondered what made it popular...it was the first forum that had a plethora of IFBB pro regularly posting

Chad's Athletes
https://web.archive.org/web/20031216223857/http://www.musclemayhem.com/main/athletes.htm
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »
I was there before I came here (I think) got into plenty of arguments with Tom Prince. Met at the 2006 Ironman and buried the hatchet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »
those were good days

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 10:36:37 PM »
I remember.  

Jennifer McVicar -- chick was hot AF.  What ever happened to that ass?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »
I was there before I came here (I think) got into plenty of arguments with Tom Prince. Met at the 2006 Ironman and buried the hatchet.

Tom Prince was the one who hooked me up with the right people to really turn the business around.  He's a great person and always was honest about anything you asked.  Didn't bullshit or anything...he was the main Pro who posted regularly
A

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »
But where are all the links to these old online feuds? None of these actually work, but for those of us who weren't there, can you olden time getbiggers share links to some of the 'all time' stuff or what? Prince? Titus? Milos? DA? Kamali? Hook us up!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »
A few cliffnotes:

Muscle Mayhem was way ahead of its time in terms of forum design.  If you compare the site to what Getbig looked like in 2002-2003, its no comparison.  The thing that killed the site was over moderation unfortunately.

People Around:

I was one of the first members.  Chad actually asked me to join up to help build the Nutrition section.  At the time, I was at Meso-Rx under the name Hefty Smurf 2000.  It was also the first time I used the name "Vince Goodrum".  King Kamali actually respected me for being one of the few people who used my real name even though Vince is a nickname.  I spent the majority of my time posting articles in the Nutrition section...same thing I did here Getbig at the time....that's why some people didn't remember me as I hardly post in Gossip at the time

Keith Jones (Onlyme) mostly posted in Bodybuilding History.  Contributed a lot of great material as well as some awesome powerlifting and strongman stories.

Layne Norton at the time was an arrogant little kid who spouted off some really stupid shit.  Bob Chick and Tom Prince ripped him a new one and ran him off to BB.com.  He got smoked pretty good

Tre....well he was still Tre... ;D

OneMoreRep was mostly posting MMA shit I think...could be wrong

True Adonis was pretty big husky guy at the time.  Posted about his "calorie is a calorie" deal.  Always been a good friend and helped me get payback at a very bad time in my life.

Tom Prince posted most often out of all the pros followed by Bob Chick, Craig Titus, and Kamali.

Chad Mower went by the name Ifearnoman

There was a regular poster named BigKev....scary dude.  Threatened to kill King Kamali openly over the boards.  Died in a shootout with the police....shot himself to avoid being taken alive

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 11:12:22 PM »
But where are all the links to these old online feuds? None of these actually work, but for those of us who weren't there, can you olden time getbiggers share links to some of the 'all time' stuff or what? Prince? Titus? Milos? DA? Kamali? Hook us up!

That stuff just isn't archived....sorry
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »
I still have all the animated gifs somewhere.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »
I had like the first post in the chemical warfare section, asking Chad about insulin. It lead to a big discussion with Milos etc joining in. Then Milos got banned. I don't know if the thread could be found but it would be cool to see it again.

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 01:40:03 AM »
I still have all the animated gifs somewhere.

Those were the best thing

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 01:42:25 AM »
there seems to be other boards that still can be viewed

http://timwescott.proboards.com/user/85/recent

ifearnoman has posts from 2004 here, 300+ of them

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
I see myself in the active user list in the June 19th 2004 screenshot  :D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:00 AM »
I remember that forum , lots of pros and amat bbers on there posting , remember Steve kulco when he first got into bbing serious, we are around the same age and Titus, prince was always funny! Haha

What happened to the site?? That's gone but getbig is still here? ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 03:08:42 AM »
That was a great forum, I mostly just read it, but lots of great info and entertainment...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 03:26:51 AM »
Thanks Vince. Great thread!

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »
Lana used to post a ton about her egg whites.

MassiveG was a poster who never revealed what he looked like, as far as I can remember.  Just really hairy hands.  Tore up his knee coming down the stairs. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 03:31:59 AM »
A few cliffnotes:

Muscle Mayhem was way ahead of its time in terms of forum design.  If you compare the site to what Getbig looked like in 2002-2003, its no comparison.  The thing that killed the site was over moderation unfortunately.

People Around:

I was one of the first members.  Chad actually asked me to join up to help build the Nutrition section.  At the time, I was at Meso-Rx under the name Hefty Smurf 2000.  It was also the first time I used the name "Vince Goodrum".  King Kamali actually respected me for being one of the few people who used my real name even though Vince is a nickname.  I spent the majority of my time posting articles in the Nutrition section...same thing I did here Getbig at the time....that's why some people didn't remember me as I hardly post in Gossip at the time

Keith Jones (Onlyme) mostly posted in Bodybuilding History.  Contributed a lot of great material as well as some awesome powerlifting and strongman stories.

Layne Norton at the time was an arrogant little kid who spouted off some really stupid shit.  Bob Chick and Tom Prince ripped him a new one and ran him off to BB.com.  He got smoked pretty good

Tre....well he was still Tre... ;D

OneMoreRep was mostly posting MMA shit I think...could be wrong

True Adonis was pretty big husky guy at the time.  Posted about his "calorie is a calorie" deal.  Always been a good friend and helped me get payback at a very bad time in my life.

Tom Prince posted most often out of all the pros followed by Bob Chick, Craig Titus, and Kamali.

Chad Mower went by the name Ifearnoman

There was a regular poster named BigKev....scary dude.  Threatened to kill King Kamali openly over the boards.  Died in a shootout with the police....shot himself to avoid being taken alive

Wow, meso-rx, I remember posting there. They had an open classified section there. I remember getting into it with a company call Redstar Labs and all his dudes had South Park names. He was underfilling viles and when I called him out he jumped my shit and had his dudes flame me. From what I understand he ended up turning scammer. I forgot all about that place until you mentioned it.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 04:49:47 AM »
I remember it well, i was there 2003
Q

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 05:50:25 AM »
Was there in 2003 and 2004. Think I became a member there the same time I joined Getbig..

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:19 AM »
I remember when kovacs was working with him, got on there and had a meltdown after a day. Very angry man.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:40 AM »
I had like the first post in the chemical warfare section, asking Chad about insulin. It lead to a big discussion with Milos etc joining in. Then Milos got banned. I don't know if the thread could be found but it would be cool to see it again.

I remember starting a thread about an issue of Musclemag that featured a nice photoshoot of Dina Al-Sabah and a quote from Milo concerning Chad's "phenomenal diuretic." Is that what it was? It was rumored to be that or plasma expanders.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 06:29:01 AM »
Back then I was somebody else wreaking havoc on the board.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 06:51:24 AM »
Web Archive can be weird about what it archives. Sadly, all of deep Muscle Mayhem stuff looks gone. Generally, the later the year, the better chance you get at them archiving full threads.

Watching arguments on that board was what lead me recheck out Getbig and join. I remember it was a Viking Power vs. Tom Price thread that got locked over there, but continued over here, much to Tom's dismay.

It got boring when they tried to transform into a nice forum, and I think Nichols finally got tried of policing the boards.