Author Topic: Living in your parent's basement - it isn't bad to start out  (Read 18578 times)

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
Living in your parent's basement - it isn't bad to start out
« on: October 01, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »
Why does everyone talk shit about living in your parents basement FYI I lived in my parents basement for many years and worked my ass off rent free and guess what. I am now a multimillionaire with numerous business and a nice big house and vacation home with a beautiful family. So just a word of wisdom for all of you haters out there, slow and steady wins the race ! and for all of you guys still living at home, don't sweat it work hard and hope for the best, you can do it !!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: RE: Living in parent's basement
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:34:15 PM »
Why does everyone talk shit about living in your parents basement FYI I lived in my parents basement for many years and worked my ass off rent free and guess what. I am now a multimillionaire with numerous business and a nice big house and vacation home with a beautiful family. So just a word of wisdom for all of you haters out there, slow and steady wins the race ! and for all of you guys still living at home, don't sweat it work hard and hope for the best, you can do it !!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704268104576108283352291942  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »

Are you suggesting/pretending this is your home or your parents home?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 05:37:55 PM »
In Italy it is perfectly normal that men in 30s live with parents.

Life ain't easy for men.
We can't find rich men to provide us the moment we turn 16yo like girls do.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 05:39:40 PM »

God damn you are a shitty gimmick.

Now go sign in with another one of your 30 fuckwad accounts and start another lame fucking thread

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »
In Italy it is perfectly normal that men in 30s live with parents.

Life ain't easy for men.
We can't find rich men to provide us the moment we turn 16yo like girls do.

2 words: Real Estate

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 05:45:38 PM »

Unless a man is injured, sick (disease), or impaired; he should not be living with his parents.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 05:59:16 PM »
Perfectly normal in Hawaii, most of my local friends all live in the same home with their parents and other relatives as well, these guys live with their wife and kids in the same room they grew up in as a child. But I totally understand, land is super expensive there, it makes sense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »
Was it a mansion like this one?  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
Perfectly normal in Hawaii, most of my local friends all live in the same home with their parents and other relatives as well, these guys live with their wife and kids in the same room they grew up in as a child. But I totally understand, land is super expensive there, it makes sense.

I was going to say... guys here pretty much live with their parents and stay there forever. When the parent grow old and infirm they claim that their parents are living them, and when their parents die they become the home owners. The cycle continues.

I moved out at 18 yrs old but TBH I wish I would have continued living with my parents until I got through college and then spend a few years saving money until I got out on my own. Still, no way I'd be living with my parents in my thirties.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »
Rated XXX parent's basement apartment.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 06:20:46 PM »
I was going to say... guys here pretty much live with their parents and stay there forever. When the parent grow old and infirm they claim that their parents are living them, and when their parents die they become the home owners. The cycle continues.

I moved out at 18 yrs old but TBH I wish I would have continued living with my parents until I got through college and then spend a few years saving money until I got out on my own. Still, no way I'd be living with my parents in my thirties.

Yeah, but it's totally accepted there, so for instance if you are talking to a girl at a bar and tell them you stay at home with your family, they don't look at you like a loser, it's a very interesting way of life, they don't stress over work at all, very chill lifestyle, they don't try to be overly ambitious, the focus is to enjoy life, enjoy the land, smoke weed, hunt, train, surf, very simplistic, but it really makes sense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »
I bet your mansion was a steal. Nothing like a fixer-upper.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 06:25:18 PM »
A gimmick talking about basements. Getbig: 2016.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 06:27:59 PM »
If I am correct aren't you the old man with a wretched living situation? A pent up bundle of inappropriate sexual desires that you are unable to execute due to married life?  If so, I would gladly take the tranquility of reading alone in a room rather than spend ten minutes in your shoes.

Yup that's me alright. You should check out the photos of my "basement" which I recently posted in another thread. Wretched?  ;D ;D ;D

I suspect my "shoes" would be too big for you....but not big enough to live in.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
Rated XXX parent's basement apartment.

See how bright the light shines in from the window?

That's not a basement.
Q

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 07:39:12 PM »
I moved out at 18 and I'm glad. BUT, after getting close with a lady friend we moved into her parents place and saved up for a house.

It's good to move out and get life experience, but living at home or with others gets you ahead in a massive way. Being pragmatic and not living paycheck to paycheck is nothing to be ashamed of.

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
I moved out at 18 and I'm glad. BUT, after getting close with a lady friend we moved into her parents place and saved up for a house.

It's good to move out and get life experience, but living at home or with others gets you ahead in a massive way. Being pragmatic and not living paycheck to paycheck is nothing to be ashamed of.
I worked at establishing myself in business for a long long time from an apartment in my parent's cellar. Then, when I was at my wit's end I stumbled upon a real estate deal that pretty much set me up for life. Sometimes when I'm driving my sports car in the country on a Sunday afternoon  I smile when I think of the early days in that basement.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
See how bright the light shines in from the window?

That's not a basement.

I was being kind.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 08:06:17 PM »
I moved out of my parent's house when I was sixteen....but, it was easier to do then than it is these days. I feel for young folks who want to strike out on their own. Portland has become one of the more expensive housing markets which drives rental rates up. We also have no rent control.

There are three generations of family living here. The house is large, despite that there is no basement. These kinds of living arrangements have become more common in recent years than they were a few generations ago. This works well for me. I wouldn't want to be living here by myself with just my Rat Terrier, Lucy for company. My daughter and her husband contribute a lot including rent. My 19 year old grandson hasn't found himself yet. We're keeping him off the streets or at least from "couch surfing" from friend to friend. In my opinion, we are also making it too easy for him to avoid working.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 08:11:12 PM »
I moved out of my parent's house when I was sixteen....but, it was easier to do then than it is these days. I feel for young folks who want to strike out on their own. Portland has become one of the more expensive housing markets which drives rental rates up. We also have no rent control.

There are three generations of family living in here. The house is large, despite that there is no basement. These kinds of living arrangements have become more common in recent years than they were a few generations ago. This works well for me. I wouldn't want to be living here by myself with just my Rat Terrier, Lucy for company. My daughter and her husband contribute a lot including rent. My 19 year old grandson hasn't found himself yet. We're keeping him off the streets or at least from "couch surfing" from friend to friend. In my opinion, we are also making it too easy for him to avoid working.

Now WHY would you be so stupid to post that kind of family info here?

Good lord, wisen up for chrissakes

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
Now WHY would you be so stupid to post that kind of family info here?

Good lord, wisen up for chrissakes

Thanks for the well meant advice. I've posted nothing which reveals my identity or that of my family. I am a person who likes keeping things real. This is an anomaly for Getbig....I get that.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 08:39:16 PM »
Yup that's me alright. You should check out the photos of my "basement" which I recently posted in another thread. Wretched?  ;D ;D ;D

I suspect my "shoes" would be too big for you....but not big enough to live in.

How does that nursery rhyme go? Something like this...

Old Primemuscle

There was an old ladyman who lived in a shoe. she he had so many children cocks her uterus fell out his prostate fell out

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »
Ha, ha. Close, but no cigar. The prostate was cut out. Also I have claustrophobia...so a shoe wouldn't cut it.  ;D ;D ;D  

Damn, my kitchen is tired looking. Glad I am remodeling. On the other hand, I'm not a bad looking old guy.

jk2016

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
How does that nursery rhyme go? Something like this...

Old Primemuscle

There was an old ladyman who lived in a shoe. she he had so many children cocks her uterus fell out his prostate fell out

is the primemscle ? lol

he looks somewhat mentlly ill

when you get old you get depth and tiredness all written on yiour face...but this guy surely lived a mentally ill live