Author Topic: Tried Indian food for the first time in my life  (Read 9744 times)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Tried Indian food for the first time in my life
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »
Worked and lived in UK for the past year and never batted an eye on the Indian restaurants, but I decided to give it a go this week. Bad decision. Tried something called "vindaloo" or "vindalu" whatever and lawd jesus that was the hottest food I've ever tried, tears running, sweat pouring and snot/saliva in endless amounts. Habanero is like ordinary black pepper compared to this shit and the consequent toiled exorcism was in a different league as well. Took it like a champ and finished the plate, but I won't try this again, you Brits are crazy if you eat this on a regular.  ;D

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
Re: Tried Indian food for the first time in my life
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
homo. Sounds like a homo. Wimp. Homo. Weak. Soft. Bad egenetics.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »
homo. Sounds like a homo. Wimp. Homo. Weak. Soft. Bad egenetics.

Yes on every part, this was a sad performance and I imagine myself quite used to hot food. ;D Probably my first and last time I try this shit food.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »
im the opposite, cant have enough of my ketchup...

And now I like to crusch whole black peper in my mouth to. I just want more of everything...Now I understand old men drinking hot ass wisky and bad ass cigars...u want more!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »
Worked and lived in UK for the past year and never batted an eye on the Indian restaurants, but I decided to give it a go this week. Bad decision. Tried something called "vindaloo" or "vindalu" whatever and lawd jesus that was the hottest food I've ever tried, tears running, sweat pouring and snot/saliva in endless amounts. Habanero is like ordinary black pepper compared to this shit and the consequent toiled exorcism was in a different league as well. Took it like a champ and finished the plate, but I won't try this again, you Brits are crazy if you eat this on a regular.  ;D

Indian cuisine has some of the best flavors.  Give it another go, but just order appetizers.  I mean it.  You can even tell the waiter Punjabi food is too hot for you.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 11:50:49 PM »
India's sole redeeming feature is its food. First of all Indian food in the UK is shit, since all food in the UK is shit. Indian food in India can be amazing. Note that calling it 'Indian' is a misnomer. That's like saying you don't like traditional European food because you ate Swedish once. I'm partial to Peshwari* and Kerala dishes myself.

*Technically Paki, but that's like differentiating between Irish and Northern Irish cuisine.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 12:14:36 AM »
India's sole redeeming feature is its food. First of all Indian food in the UK is shit, since all food in the UK is shit. Indian food in India can be amazing. Note that calling it 'Indian' is a misnomer. That's like saying you don't like traditional European food because you ate Swedish once. I'm partial to Peshwari* and Kerala dishes myself.

*Technically Paki, but that's like differentiating between Irish and Northern Irish cuisine.

Haha, speaking of Swedish food a good friend of mine is from Sweden and invited me to a traditional Swedish "surstromming" (like decomposed rotting herring) dinner. Now that was something! Very weird customs, but fun. You eat rotting fish while downing schnaps and singing between each chug, the stench of that fish was something beyond anything I've ever smelled, but it somehow tasted better than it smelled.

I'll take your advice and go for something less spicy next time then. I tried to impress my Indian collegues by "casually" asking the waiter for the hottest dish they had. ;D Needless to say, they were all laughing at me.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 01:04:39 AM »

Youl have to order a mild dish, korma or a massalla... Or even a buhna or balti, I love a curry from time to time

I used to be a vindaloo fan, it kills me now.... Not so much the eating it, but bad stomache for 24hrs after, id rather not these days

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:26:42 AM »
UK food is crap.
Indian or pakistan food, if hq can be considered the polar opposite given the multitude of spices and "hotness".
©

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:49 AM »
It can be hit or miss. It depends on the dish.

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 02:33:44 AM »
Indian food is good from time to time, not too often...beware of diarrhea the morning aftet  ;D
Where is OP from to have to go to the UK to eat Indian???

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 02:43:01 AM »
Doesn't london have more 3 star Michelin restaurants than any other city?

Vindaloo is the hottest curry. Should have tried another.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 02:48:15 AM »

Phall is the hottest, used to eat it a lot, but it was just too hot to enjoy, was more like a challenge for me to finish it.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 04:34:03 AM »

^^
You're right, in 2002 I was in Karachi for 2 days layover waiting for a flight to Istanbul- the REAL deal is so tasty!!  The best was NIHARI, so amazing!!!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:56 AM »
Haha, speaking of Swedish food a good friend of mine is from Sweden and invited me to a traditional Swedish "surstromming" (like decomposed rotting herring) dinner. Now that was something! Very weird customs, but fun. You eat rotting fish while downing schnaps and singing between each chug, the stench of that fish was something beyond anything I've ever smelled, but it somehow tasted better than it smelled.

That stuff is vile indeed. And you smell it on everyone else's breath! One of the few times eating throbbing Swedish dick sweaty Swedish snatch was a relief!

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 05:52:27 AM »
Indian food is good from time to time, not too often...beware of diarrhea the morning aftet  ;D
Where is OP from to have to go to the UK to eat Indian???

I'm not from UK, but work there, so I figured it was time to try Indian food considering I had never tried it so far and I pass multiple Indian restaurants everyday. 

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:31 AM »

;D
The whole point was to pick the hottest dish they had, as I didn't want to wimp out. Some fellow colleagues are of Indian and Pakistani descent and they were joking around that I would pass out if it passed black pepper in strength so I had to set the bar high from the start! :D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 06:14:09 AM »

Exactly.  On the spice meter, Vindaloo is a 9-10.  Indian food is great, next time make sure to ask about the spice level before ordering.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 06:26:19 AM »
Exactly.  On the spice meter, Vindaloo is a 9-10.  Indian food is great, next time make sure to ask about the spice level before ordering.

Ya, this was some serious heat and I've eaten things like habanero without major problems. On top of the spice, being boiling hot somehow made it 10x worse. The entire dinner table along with neighbouring tables all laughed at me as I fought the dish, but I was dead set on finishing it. It tasted way better than I expected as I'd always envisioned curry stews as very oily and fatty, but this one was free from that which I liked. I've only got myself to blame as I requested "the hottest dish you can provide". :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 08:43:06 AM »
Exactly.  On the spice meter, Vindaloo is a 9-10.  Indian food is great, next time make sure to ask about the spice level before ordering.

Again, phall is the hottest curry, a level above vindaloo, a lot of restaurants don't even put it on their menu in uk it's so hot, you have to ask.

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »
You do realize Indians wipe their ass with their bare hands?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 10:20:10 AM »
Indian food, as with Chinese and Mexican food, is slop. You have to really wonder what the hell is in it, if it requires that many herbs and spices, to make it taste good.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »
Never been to the UK, but everyone I know who has says the food is terrible.

Why is that?

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »
Indian people dont eat hot curries, they only make them for idiotic brits

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
Layer upon layer of flavors!  If you go to a good spot.  I'm not into spicy for spicy sake.  Flavors only.  Love it.