Author Topic: “I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,”  (Read 334 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,”
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
Trying. To. Lose.   Or will he just use the hurricane as an excuse to skip the debate?

On Thursday night, Howie Carr, a conservative radio host and Trump booster, played the role of moderator, and the crowd was hand-picked by his campaign. The audience didn’t even ask Trump their questions. Carr did so on their behalf. Before the event, Carr had said Trump would take 20 questions. He stayed for about a dozen.

And while Sunday’s debate will stretch for 90 minutes without a bathroom break, Trump bolted from his town hall in Sandown after barely more than one-third of that time.

Trump’s campaign did place a two-minute countdown clock in front of their candidate on Thursday. He repeatedly blew past that time limit anyway.
“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said at one point. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days. Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?”

Yet even without the duress of an opponent, independent moderators and anything but softball questions from supporters, Trump struggled to drive any type of cohesive message, either about himself as a change agent or Clinton’s shortcomings.

Instead, he whacked at CNN’s John King, CNBC’s John Harwood, polling analyst Nate Silver and Republican Sen. Mark Kirk. He digressed about how Hispanics in Nevada would rather be called Latinos. He kept complaining about his microphone at the last debate.

“Doing well, doing well,” Carr said after a few questions, offering Trump encouragement.
“I like this audience,” Trump said. “I like this audience.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-town-hall-debate-prep-229267#ixzz4MMcC5nJV
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook