Author Topic: Obamafication of USA continues - Coaches fired b/c of making kids do bear crawls  (Read 3521 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
North Attleboro High’s girls’ soccer coaches resign after drill

North Attleboro High School. (Staff file photo by Mark Stockwell)
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:53 pm | Updated: 6:41 pm, Thu Oct 6, 2016.

BY RICK FOSTER, PETER GOBIS and JIM HAND SUN CHRONICLE STAFF | 0 comments

NORTH ATTLEBORO — The entire coaching staff of the North Attleboro High School girls’ soccer team has resigned after criticism following a drill that apparently had one player blindfolded and performing a tough exercise called a “bear crawl.”

School officials were tight-lipped Thursday, issuing only a terse news release without details and declining to return calls or even identify the coaches.

However, a North Attleboro player told The Sun Chronicle a coach was working with another member of the team, and it apparently angered parents.

The player did not identify the coach.

A parent of one of the players said the coach who initiated the exercise was varsity coach Glen Pasquel, that he meant no harm and later apologized to the team.

Superintendent Suzan Cullen issued a press release Thursday afternoon, saying that the practice drill on Sunday caused “confusion and concern” for some players and that an investigation judged it to be inappropriate. The official news release did not name the coach or give specifics on what drill caused alarm among the players.

While the nature of the drill was not officially disclosed, posters to The Sun Chronicle’s Facebook page who are familiar with the team, indicated at least one player was forced to do a “bear crawl.” Others corroborated that.

The grueling move, used to strengthen an athlete’s core, consists of crawling a distance on hands and feet, much like a bear walks.

Pasquel did not respond to calls from The Sun Chronicle, but emailed a statement to NBC 10 News that read:

“While, in my view, I have done nothing illegal or immoral, I certainly don’t want to be a distraction to the players or the soccer program at the High School. Unfortunately, my good intentions of using a motivational exercise that I saw have been misinterpreted by some.”

At least four coaches are believed to have resigned, but that was not officially reported by the school district.
In the superintendent’s news release, Cullen said: “The district fully investigated the incident and concluded the situation did not reflect the core values of the district. Because of this incident, the soccer coaches have resigned. We are in the process of filling the coaches vacancies to ensure our soccer program for the students continues.”

Meanwhile, former girls’ soccer coach and current Rocketeer softball coach Bill Wallace told The Sun Chronicle he’s been tapped to guide the Big Red girls’ soccer program for the remainder of the 2016 season.

Wallace was named as the Rocketeers’ “interim coach” on Thursday in the wake of the resignations.

“What happened, I have no idea,” Wallace said of Pasquel quitting after the training and conditioning session over the weekend became an imbroglio with players, parents and staff.

“This all happened in the last 24 hours, I had no idea that this was coming,” said Wallace, who had served as the North head coach before ceding way to Doug Weldon after the 2012 season. Pasquel took over the program in 2015.

Dan LaBonte, the parent of a varsity player, called Pasquel a “good man” who made an error in judgment, recognized it and apologized to parents and players. He said many of the players are disappointed their coach is leaving, but he does not fault parents and players who were upset by what they viewed as inappropriate treatment.

“These are all good people here,” LaBonte said.

He said the drill involved a single player being blindfolded while she performed a bear crawl. LaBonte said the bear crawl was used as a motivational tool, not an attempt to humiliate or bully the player.

LaBonte said the coach realized the drill was a mistake and apologized, both during practice and at what he called an assembly at school Tuesday attended by players and their parents. The discussion apparently did not satisfy everyone, and the coach resigned the next day. Two other coaches and an assistant also quit, the parent said, apparently in protest over Pasquel.

One player leaving school Thursday who did not identify herself also said a coach tried to “motivate” a player and “did it in the wrong way.”
She went on to say she greatly admires the coach, and wishes he hadn’t resigned.

“I’m sad to see him gone,” she said.

A few other North Attleboro High students said they had heard rumors the coaches had quit, but didn’t know the circumstances and there was no announcement at school.

The North Attleboro team was supposed to have played Attleboro High at Attleboro Wednesday night, but the game was canceled without explanation.
Wallace had been serving as assistant coach with the Walpole High girls’ soccer team this fall.
“I am the interim coach and we’ll go from there,” Wallace said of the latest development. “I’ve always had a great rapport with (Athletic Director) Kurt Kummer and (Superintendent) Sue Cullen.”

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
I think I remember a high school football coach getting fired for making kids do bear crawls.

They were on that turf made from rubber tires in the middle of summer, and it actually gave the kids like 1st degree burns or some shit. I'll look for article.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think I remember a high school football coach getting fired for making kids do bear crawls.

They were on that turf made from rubber tires in the middle of summer, and it actually gave the kids like 1st degree burns or some shit. I'll look for article.

I remember 2 a days in HS - sucked!  But guess what - it toughened you up and built a team. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
I remember 2 a days in HS - sucked!  But guess what - it toughened you up and built a team. 

Fuck yeah they did. Borderline deadly here in Texas during August.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Found it; Actually Middle School Coaches.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/03/coaches-suspended-in-bear-crawl-incident/2134367/

Looks like my hands after a lot of workouts.  

Damn - should see what my feet look like after GR Heavy events - shit people pay for!!!  

Bunch of faggets.  

tatoo

• Getbig IV
I grew up playing football. 8 years old all the way up to 2 years in college. I coached for 4 years also..... the parents are ruining this game... my son plays midget football, its a complete joke these days... everyone plays, missed practices are ok, cant do certain drills in practice,ect... get this one... they shut the scoreboard off(score only) when a team is up 21 points or more!!!!!!! they got girls on the team and boys on the god damn cheerleading squad. parents bitching about their kid who should not even be out there not playing enough. no hardnosed kids anymore. except mine ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I grew up playing football. 8 years old all the way up to 2 years in college. I coached for 4 years also..... the parents are ruining this game... my son plays midget football, its a complete joke these days... everyone plays, missed practices are ok, cant do certain drills in practice,ect... get this one... they shut the scoreboard off(score only) when a team is up 21 points or more!!!!!!! they got girls on the team and boys on the god damn cheerleading squad. parents bitching about their kid who should not even be out there not playing enough. no hardnosed kids anymore. except mine ;D

Democrat voting base 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Looks like my hands after a lot of workouts.   
Damn - should see what my feet look like after GR Heavy events - shit people pay for!!! 
Bunch of faggets. 

lol but middle school... nah, way too much potential for damage with that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I remember when I was in 4-6  - prime time to get it started in the right direction. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I remember when I was in 4-6  - prime time to get it started in the right direction. 

hey, I remember doing nuclear attack drills in the 1st grade back in 1982 lol.  Shit done changed.

Back in my sub teacher days, I did plenty of PE middle school subbing... probably the easiest job on earth... and while some of them are built outta nails like back in the day, there are a lot of weak kids these days.   Half of them would be in the clinic getting those hands cleaned up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hey, I remember doing nuclear attack drills in the 1st grade back in 1982 lol.  Shit done changed.

Back in my sub teacher days, I did plenty of PE middle school subbing... probably the easiest job on earth... and while some of them are built outta nails like back in the day, there are a lot of weak kids these days.   Half of them would be in the clinic getting those hands cleaned up.

so coddle and keep them democrat fags like on rthis board - or nail eating manimals?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
so coddle and keep them democrat fags like on rthis board - or nail eating manimals?

i taught for 7 years... solution would be to have the usual wimpy PE, and then offer an elective called 'hardcore PE" or something like that.  Attract the parents and kids who love that shit.  I'd put my rugrats in it, but I'd know up front what comes with it.

one new thing... kids can't even run cross country without having health insurance these days.  You can buy it from the school for 18 bucks for the whole season. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So FNG pathetic.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So FNG pathetic.  

bro, most people aren't built out of the same shit that getbiggers are built.

if every 40 year old in america was forced to walk around buck nekkid all day, getbiggers would dominate the earth.  People hide in clothes how soft and weak they are.  I train 8 hours a week (5 weights, and 4 45-minute cardio sessions) and I'm soft by getbig standards.  You load up vests with rocks and run mountains haha... that's a fraction of the top 1% of americans, physically.  

most people don't do this -and that's not a bad thing.  If every 22 year old in america was training on weekends instead of drinking and playing pokemon, it'd make it a lot harder for old fcks like us to keep up.   I say, let the new generation being soft as popcorn farts.  make it easier for us to shine that much longer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bro, most people aren't built out of the same shit that getbiggers are built.

if every 40 year old in america was forced to walk around buck nekkid all day, getbiggers would dominate the earth.  People hide in clothes how soft and weak they are.  I train 8 hours a week (5 weights, and 4 45-minute cardio sessions) and I'm soft by getbig standards.  You load up vests with rocks and run mountains haha... that's a fraction of the top 1% of americans, physically.  

most people don't do this -and that's not a bad thing.  If every 22 year old in america was training on weekends instead of drinking and playing pokemon, it'd make it a lot harder for old fcks like us to keep up.   I say, let the new generation being soft as popcorn farts.  make it easier for us to shine that much longer.

Bro - you are in tampa area right?   PM me - i got a lot of friends at SOCOM down there who run events. 

you would love it - all dudes just like us - guns - lifting - etc

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Bro - you are in tampa area right?   PM me - i got a lot of friends at SOCOM down there who run events. 

you would love it - all dudes just like us - guns - lifting - etc

I was going to do a tough mudder a while back.   Started training for it.  Running nights, ankle weights, climbing walls, etc.   But man, I lost muscle fast and the bugs down here were just eating me alive. 

Turned 40, and everything changed.  Been studying 2 hours a night, at least.  software development. 
i barely watch tv.  barely touch any alcohol. getbig is my only vice, and that's less and less too, just a few times a day to post articles and get owned.

i got super serious on weights.  lock myself in gym for an hour each day.  If back is fried after 40 minutes, then it's neck, biceps, abs, whatever, for the other 20 minutes.   
cardio 45 minutes a day, i walk on treadmill while singing & playing acoustic guitar.  great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get my vocal practice in + cardio.

turning 40 fcked with me in a really big way, i can't lie.  I realized how much harder we have to work than the 25 and 30 year olds.  youth truly is an advantage.  we gotta be built outta steel and scary good at our age.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
The pussification of los estados unidos continues.....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

How?
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
this:

I guess I don't get it.  Looks like scraped hands to me.  I don't see what's special about middle school kids there.  I scraped my hands and knees a hell of a lot more as a pre-teen than as a teen.

Did humans evolve to have skin that heals slower in the last 30 years?

Who bear crawls on their palms anyway?  Probably he same kids that run on their heels.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm 41 still killing events

I was going to do a tough mudder a while back.   Started training for it.  Running nights, ankle weights, climbing walls, etc.   But man, I lost muscle fast and the bugs down here were just eating me alive. 

Turned 40, and everything changed.  Been studying 2 hours a night, at least.  software development. 
i barely watch tv.  barely touch any alcohol. getbig is my only vice, and that's less and less too, just a few times a day to post articles and get owned.

i got super serious on weights.  lock myself in gym for an hour each day.  If back is fried after 40 minutes, then it's neck, biceps, abs, whatever, for the other 20 minutes.   
cardio 45 minutes a day, i walk on treadmill while singing & playing acoustic guitar.  great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get my vocal practice in + cardio.

turning 40 fcked with me in a really big way, i can't lie.  I realized how much harder we have to work than the 25 and 30 year olds.  youth truly is an advantage.  we gotta be built outta steel and scary good at our age.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Raising a nation of sissies.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Ironically those girls will be paying their cross fit personal trainer 100 dollars an hour just to have them doing the same thing 20 years from now.