Author Topic: Phoenix Computer Studios - My Business In 1996-1998 (Pics)  (Read 1860 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Phoenix Computer Studios - My Business In 1996-1998 (Pics)
« on: October 07, 2016, 10:02:59 PM »
I've mentioned before that I used to work on computers, built websites, and set up networks and sold hosting services for the Arena BBS to companies in the 90's prior to selling gear but as usual the peanut gallery jackasses like Qwert II simply talked a bunch of shit.  Low and behold, I was unpacking some files from storage when I came across one of my old marketing packages for the Arena BBS along with an original business card.  I've scanned everything in including my original business card and sales material.  At the time, the internet was still a brand new venture so it was very difficult to convince businesses to get a website

Some Details:
-All the documents were made using ST Publish on my Atari Mega ST2 and printed on an Epson Action Printer 2250 9 pin printer which I then took to Kinkos.

-My office rent at the time was 125 dollars a month and pretty much the size of broom closet in downtown Asheville...enough for a desk and 2 seats  Nowadays it would rent for about 1500 dollars.  I only used this space to meet people and close deals.  I mainly worked from home in my shitty ass studio apartment  :P

-At any time, I carried about 20 of these marketing folders along with my Amway & Avon marketing material which included cassettes and videotapes in a briefcase and walked throughout town on the weekends when I wasn't working at Montgomery Ward practically all day.  Not fun carrying around about 50lb of stuff.  If you're why I didn't just give people my website address....well, its 1996 people.   ;D

-I offered a whooping 150 megabytes of web space for every customer along with a wide array of services that were well ahead of time such as a low cost ecommerce shopping cart which would normally cost a person about 3000 dollars to do.  I was able to do so because I was able to locate an awesome piece of software from Malaysia that was the fraction of the price.  I used the same software when I started Caliber Fitness Solutions

-I also used to scour the internet as well although it wasn't too organized at the time...its how I first found American Bodybuilding (Getbig).  Tried to sell Ron a bulletin board setup which he politely declined.  I'm sure he doesn't remember but oh well.

Enjoy

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Phoenix Computer Studios - Circa 1996-1998 (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:04:37 PM »

A

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:08:34 PM »
I've mentioned before that I used to work on computers, built websites, and set up networks and sold hosting services for the Arena BBS to companies in the 90's prior to selling gear but as usual the peanut gallery jackasses like Qwert II simply talked a bunch of shit.

Maybe you can give some advice to that loser 240 is Back regarding his poorly selling el-cheapo 300 DOLLAR WEBSITES.

Ψ

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »
Maybe you can give some advice to that loser 240 is Back regarding his poorly selling el-cheapo 300 DOLLAR WEBSITES.

I have to give 240 credit because he has awesome at making flash graphics...something that was unfamiliar with at the time which is why I hired him to do some of logos for Ebay back in the day.  Its just a different era now and web design has gone the way of the dinosaur thanks to content management systems like Wordpress. 
A

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 10:40:01 PM »

he does them for $250 now btw...

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Re: Phoenix Computer Studios - My Business In 1996-1998 (Pics)
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 10:50:36 PM »
he does them for $250 now btw...

If he's paying the bills, more power to him
A

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 07:33:41 AM »

I have to give 240 credit because he has awesome at making flash graphics...something that was unfamiliar with at the time which is why I hired him to do some of logos for Ebay back in the day.  Its just a different era now and web design has gone the way of the dinosaur thanks to content management systems like Wordpress. 

^THIS....back in 1999-2005 making websites is all about creativity,making animations 3d stuff etc...i guess everything went downhill since adobe bought macromedia flash..
T

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
^THIS....back in 1999-2005 making websites is all about creativity,making animations 3d stuff etc...i guess everything went downhill since adobe bought macromedia flash..

Well, its more like that its now easy to create flash and people aren't impressed by it anymore.  The computer age is long gone with people simply throwing them away rather than fixing him when they stop working or run too slow.  

Rob makes great websites but he can't beat the guys from India.  They can build the same thing he has for 5-25 dollars on Fiverr .  That's why I employ one.
A

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
that's a lot of numbers for someone who can't buy a new washing machine  8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 08:32:41 AM »
V your names crack me up.  You're always going for some vaguely hardcore thing.  "Caliber"  "Phoenix"  "The Arena"

It never pans out.  Try Daffodil Enterprises.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
V your names crack me up.  You're always going for some vaguely hardcore thing.  "Caliber"  "Phoenix"  "The Arena"

It never pans out.  Try Daffodil Enterprises.

The late 80's to mid 90's was the loud era.  Polka dot shirts, T-Michael zebra pants....shit like that.  It was a pretty good time.  The new 1992 laws basically jumpstarted the supplement industry.  There was so much cool stuff around.  Ephedrine, GBL, Prohormones.  You can zip up during the daytime and party all night legally.  Much safer than these days with kids drinking cough syrup and shit. 
A