Author Topic: Beginner seeking advice from the experts  (Read 4287 times)

ezdrifler

• Getbig I
Beginner seeking advice from the experts
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »
I am a 41 year old male that started about year and a half ago to do pushups and bench press and bicep curls in my garage with my son (15 yrs old)

About a year ago we finally joined the gym and started hitting the following routine:

Monday: 3 tricep exercises of 4 sets of 8-12 reps and 3 chest exercises 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Tuesday: 1 hr cardio
Wednesday : same sets as monday but back and bicep
Thursday: 1 hr cardio
Friday: 6 leg exercises of 4 sets of 8
weekends off

I dropped weight from 243 to 217 using an approximate 1800 to 2200 calorie diet

I added protein to my diet in the 175-210 grams per day with about 2,800 calories range and my weight creeped back up to 228, i assume it was muscle but noticed my waste region getting bigger so i am staying lately at 2,200 calories with 175-200 grams of protein and my weight has locked on at 220

I would like to get some more muscle but adding more calories to my intake will easily send me over 230lbs

I am 6' tall, Ectomorph/Mesomorph trades.

My chest, shoulders, triceps etc have deffinition and i can lift a lot more weight and pullups than ever

i wonder if i need to change anything or just be patient, those online calculators dont work for me

In all honesty.. the info found on the internet.. calorie calculators, protein myths, less cardio, more cardio, its highly confusing since many dont even agree on the same topics.

thank you in advanced

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: Beginner seeking advice from the experts
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »
Arnold: Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.  But, cut the routines down, if not on "enhancements"
X