Author Topic: Just Ran 9 miles And Hit The Gym...Horrible Lifts!  (Read 4439 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Just Ran 9 miles And Hit The Gym...Horrible Lifts!
« on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:09 AM »
Just got done running around 9 miles. I hit the weight room and couldn't life a thing. Weak! Horribly weak. I ate great yesterday, had two cans of tuna this morning and drank a gatorade before I ran for the carbs.

When I went do pulldowns for my back, I usually start off with 3 warm up sets of 120lbs. Well, I felt I was moving the world. It wouldn't budge. Two fitness girls with these great shiny tight yoga pants were whispering something to each other and looking at me.

What happened?

Drogon

• Getbig II
Re: Just Ran 9 miles And Hit The Gym...Horrible Lifts!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:12:48 AM »
You ran.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:23:36 AM »
Most I ever ran in one day was 14 miles, felt amazing that day, was in a absolute zone, wanted to see how long I could go, started to feel pain in the ankles at the 14 mile mark and stopped, but didn't attempt to hit the weights at all, I'd imagine I'd be weak.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Just got done running around 9 miles. I hit the weight room and couldn't life a thing. Weak! Horribly weak. I ate great yesterday, had two cans of tuna this morning and drank a gatorade before I ran for the carbs.

When I went do pulldowns for my back, I usually start off with 3 warm up sets of 120lbs. Well, I felt I was moving the world. It wouldn't budge. Two fitness girls with these great shiny tight yoga pants were whispering something to each other and looking at me.

What happened?
i want a fitness girl soon

how do i approach them?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 07:26:30 AM »
If you run and lift on the same day, give yourself four hours or more in between and have a meal during that time.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:30:24 AM »
If you run and lift on the same day, give yourself four hours or more in between and have a meal during that time.

You think that will help. Will Do!

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 07:31:24 AM »
Forget running, taking up cycling..more fun and dare I say...better cardio
I

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »

Not sure if I believe OP, but I will play along.

I routinely run a 5k to warm up before lifting with no adverse affects.  His issue could be either 9 miles is too much pre-workout, as it would be over an hour of exercise, or, two, he's not conditioned for it.
Y

#1GymRat

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »
only chance for you is approach in dark

i want a fitness girl soon

how do i approach them?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »

I routinely run a 5k to warm up before lifting with no adverse affects.  His issue could be either 9 miles is too much pre-workout, as it would be over an hour of exercise, or, two, he's not conditioned for it.

It also depends on the intensity. Easy pace and race pace are different animals. With the former, I could jump into a workout; the latter, I'd rather take a break.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 07:44:49 AM »
It also depends on the intensity. Easy pace and race pace are different animals. With the former, I could jump into a workout; the latter, I'd rather take a break.

I agree - that makes total sense.  I often struggle to run at an easy pace.  I've read that for overall health, shorter, more frequent runs in the 8:30-9:30 minute range are ideal.

I can't do it though.  Feels like walking.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »
I agree - that makes total sense.  I often struggle to run at an easy pace.  I've read that for overall health, shorter, more frequent runs in the 8:30-9:30 minute range are ideal.

I can't do it though.  Feels like walking.

High level distance runners alternate between easy and hard days. Much like in weight training, hard workouts require 48-72 hours of recovery. The easy runs in between serve as active recovery which also provide some aerobic benefits.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 08:23:31 AM »
Cmon guys. Running that much will completely deplete your glycogen. You'll be running on empty and your body will need at least 24 hours to refill.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »
Cmon guys. Running that much will completely deplete your glycogen. You'll be running on empty and your body will need at least 24 hours to refill.

Most programs would classify 9 miles as a once a week long run. I wouldn't lift on that day. A regular run is about 5 miles and you're burning a mix of fat and glycogen. So, you shouldn't be too depleted for a workout later in the day.

The Getbig of running is Letsrun. Using search, you can find good threads on any running topic:

http://www.letsrun.com/

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 09:06:21 AM »

Probably this! 99%

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »
Most I ever ran in one day was 14 miles, felt amazing that day, was in a absolute zone, wanted to see how long I could go, started to feel pain in the ankles at the 14 mile mark and stopped, but didn't attempt to hit the weights at all, I'd imagine I'd be weak.

Did you take an Uber back home?

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »
Most of the time I do sprints one day, the next long run. I usually workout on the days I sprint. That long run fucked me up.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »
Why the hell would you wanna run 9 or 14 miles ?    :-\
I run 4 miles (well, before my quad accident) and for me that's really the limit without sacrificing mass or at least gains....
I tried running more, an hour a day. Got lotsa stamina and a nice slow heart-beat, but my squats weight went down, even though I ate enough calories and proteins.
You just can't have your cake and eat it.
Wanna look like a marathon runner? Keep running.....

says the incredible Dr Dutch, the only real MD on getbig.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »

What happened?

What happened is that you suck, you are out of shape.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
Most programs would classify 9 miles as a once a week long run. I wouldn't lift on that day. A regular run is about 5 miles and you're burning a mix of fat and glycogen. So, you shouldn't be too depleted for a workout later in the day.

The Getbig of running is Letsrun. Using search, you can find good threads on any running topic:

http://www.letsrun.com/

Guest posting function, like the good old days.
P

JackScribber

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 12:27:39 PM »

What happened?

Do you still look like a fat lesbian?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
So by running 9 miles I assume your hummer ran out of gas 9 miles from home and you forgot your credit cards.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »

What happened?
??? ??? ??? ??? ???    what's your height, weight, and age? by the way people over 200 lbs shouldn't run..esp before lifting.
F

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »

x2 keep the abs tight at all times