Author Topic: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show  (Read 18647 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show

Your ratings will be through the roof.  Thousands of people here on the boards are dying to hear him on the show.  You extended the branch to J Manion to be on the show, so it only seems natural that an unbiased entity like Pro Bodybuilding Weekly would offer the same courtesy to the other side of the aisle.  After all, it is all about the athletes.

Can it happen, guys?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Challenge to Chick/Solomon: Put Wayne DeMilia on the Radio Show
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:11:44 AM »

Your ratings will be through the roof.  Thousands of people here on the boards are dying to hear him on the show.  You extended the branch to J Manion to be on the show, so it only seems natural that an unbiased entity like Pro Bodybuilding Weekly would offer the same courtesy to the other side of the aisle.  After all, it is all about the athletes.

Can it happen, guys?

I'd like to see this happen.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:14:55 AM »
Ditto

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:19:58 AM »
who is "Chick Solomon"?

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

Can it happen, guys?

I damn well love it!!!  Well Chick, what you waitin' on!   Get to steppin and tell Wayne Demilia he's up next!  

"Behold, I send you out as sheep amidst the wolves"!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:45:46 AM »
r u related to the solomons of newport rhode island?

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
Just a little patience.  All "relevant" voices will be heard in time.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:05:39 AM »
Lets see the "Pro division" actually see the light of day before we talk about it.

Right now, it's nothing more than an idea....much like when Titus was on incoherently rambling on about the "WPI"...and we all know how that turned out....!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:09:31 AM »
Yo Chick, all BS aside .... You really think this ProDivison is all garbage dont you ??
L

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »
Lets see the "Pro division" actually see the light of day before we talk about it.

Right now, it's nothing more than an idea....much like when Titus was on incoherently rambling on about the "WPI"...and we all know how that turned out....!

Inresting response.  First you would think your show would want to get the real facts from the person who really knows, Wayne.  Second, you would think being a radio show dedicated to BB, that when someone like Wayne who has a history of promoting shows worldwide has come up with an idea and way to improve BB you would have him on to hear what it up. Third, why not have him on at the beginning to help promote the show and the PDI instead of waiting to see what happens.  Hell, if I was him after his show and it becomes successful and you guys called I'd tell you to fuck off cause what would be ebneficial being on your show.  It's called being a frontrunner.  Fourth.  What kind of show wouldn't want to have someone like Wayne and the PDI on just because of the controversy and also it's seem to be what allot of people want.  And fifth.  How stupid can you be to compare Titus with Wayne when it comes to promoting a show.  Man, Chic you are embarrassing more and more.  Please give up the Rep job.

And to answer all these points is simple.  Manion, the IFBB control what is done on the show.  Flat and simple.  It is so easy to see that.  There is absolutely not one reason why a radio show about BB does not have one of the premier promoters of BB on.  NOT ONE.  Except if they were told not to have him on.  All your semi fancy answers can't swaythe fact you guys are controlled on what you can do on your show. To bad.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »
Just a little patience.  All "relevant" voices will be heard in time.

So Wayne DeMillia will be heard then correct?  Because if you're going to explain how Wayne is not a "relevant" voice in the industry, then I'm sure we would all like to hear that.

Interesting...Have you seen the site yet?  http://prodivisionbbing.com/  You're buddy Rob put it together for them.  Looks to me like this is a very topical issue right now in the industry fellas and as your own show states "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the first talk radio show devoted exclusively to the world of professional bodybuilding & fitness, airs LIVE every Monday for a worldwide listening audience.

Developed in the United States by Executive Producer Dan Solomon, Pro Bodybuilding Weekly gives fans the opportunity to hear directly from the biggest names in bodybuilding. The one-hour show features weekly interviews, event coverage and insider commentary. Bodybuilding talk radio has arrived!

To not discuss bring Wayne on, or to pretend that there is nothing going on here regarding a new federation is simply going to reveal how biased your show is and further reveal that the show is truly not a source for bodybuilding news and information.  Thus you will lose your credibility.

As media within and for the industry, you have an obligation to report on the industry just as the publications do.  There should be no reason to take sides here.  This is news.  It's being talked about on the boards, let's get it out in the open and hear from Wayne rather than just have speculation and rumor.  Bringing Wayne on is a scoop.  Drop the IFBB nonsense and give the fans you are supposed to be serving with your show, what they want to hear about.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 11:47:07 AM »
Inresting response.  First you would think your show would want to get the real facts from the person who really knows, Wayne.  Second, you would think being a radio show dedicated to BB, that when someone like Wayne who has a history of promoting shows worldwide has come up with an idea and way to improve BB you would have him on to hear what it up. Third, why not have him on at the beginning to help promote the show and the PDI instead of waiting to see what happens.  Hell, if I was him after his show and it becomes successful and you guys called I'd tell you to f**k off cause what would be ebneficial being on your show.  It's called being a frontrunner.  Fourth.  What kind of show wouldn't want to have someone like Wayne and the PDI on just because of the controversy and also it's seem to be what allot of people want.  And fifth.  How stupid can you be to compare Titus with Wayne when it comes to promoting a show.  Man, Chic you are embarrassing more and more.  Please give up the Rep job.

And to answer all these points is simple.  Manion, the IFBB control what is done on the show.  Flat and simple.  It is so easy to see that.  There is absolutely not one reason why a radio show about BB does not have one of the premier promoters of BB on.  NOT ONE.  Except if they were told not to have him on.  All your semi fancy answers can't swaythe fact you guys are controlled on what you can do on your show. To bad.

Keith...clueless as usual.

1.I have talked to wayne, PERSONALLY.

2.Still doesn't change the fact that the "PD" as of right now, is nothing more than a premise.

3.Actions speak...everyone has "ideas" of how to better the sport...

4. Have him on to promote what? An idea, a premise? Lets see a show come to fruition...athletes compete, sponsors show up, people attend, athletes get paid...THEN we've got something to talk about.

5. Where did I compare Titus to Wayne as promoters?

We had Titus and Kelly on...talking about their alledged "WPI" federation...2 days later, they absolved themselves with having anything to do with it. Titus claimed to have sponsors, claimed to have athletes, and claaimed to have venues and shows lined up.

I'm not comparing them as promoters, idiot...I'm making the comparison of having someone on with nothing more than a idea...

6. Every answer to you is Manion. Manion this, Manion that....The IFBB has NOTHING to do with our show. We have never (and will never) give a list of questions to be asked to anyone in advance...

try and actually comprehend what i actually write...

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:58 AM »
Chick, you're so full of it the whites of your eyes are turning brown.  Don't be foolish enough to think that there are people here who do not know what's really going on. 
BKS - Guardian of Truth

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 12:13:24 PM »

Keith...clueless as usual.  At least I'm consistant

1.I have talked to wayne, PERSONALLY. And?

2.Still doesn't change the fact that the "PD" as of right now, is nothing more than a premise.  Not more than a premise they have several European shows shceduled and the NOC.  And isn't BB.com involved with PDI.  Sounds a little more than a premise.  Your radio show was a premise at one time.  Look at what happened with that.  It is the #1, biggest, largest and most listened too radio show on BB in the world.  Opps forgot, its the only one.

3.Actions speak...everyone has "ideas" of how to better the sport...  Yes we know, we read yours all the time.  The only difference is Wayne is making them happen.

4. Have him on to promote what? An idea, a premise? Lets see a show come to fruition...athletes compete, sponsors show up, people attend, athletes get paid...THEN we've got something to talk about.  But like I said when this happens then the PDI will already be to big for the radio show.  Don't expect much if you don't support them from the beginning.  Like I said it's called being a frontrunner.  I find it funny how this so called radio show is so censored.  You would think you guys have 1000 listeners or something.

5. Where did I compare Titus to Wayne as promoters?

Might not have said promoter but it looks like you are comparing them here.  Titus was promting the WPI and Wayne is promting the PDI.

We had Titus and Kelly on...talking about their alledged "WPI" federation...2 days later, they absolved themselves with having anything to do with it. Titus claimed to have sponsors, claimed to have athletes, and claaimed to have venues and shows lined up.  Well I see what you are saying.  Your show has bad luck written all over it.  Man, thanks for the heads up. Thanks again.  You do care

I'm not comparing them as promoters, idiot...I'm making the comparison of having someone on with nothing more than a idea... Kind of like being the Athlete rep and making changes

6. Every answer to you is Manion. Manion this, Manion that....The IFBB has NOTHING to do with our show. We have never (and will never) give a list of questions to be asked to anyone in advance...  Ah, okay   ::)

try and actually comprehend what i actually write...  I did thank you. 

[/quote]

You never know Chic, you may be asked to be a judge sometime.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »

Bob, by now I think you would realize that PDI is a little more than an idea, escpecially if you have talked to Wayne like I have. Tickets are on sale for the NOC so I would call that more than an idea. Also, to compare PDI and Wayne to Titus in any way is just a little off base.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 12:27:48 PM »
So Chick , will you be standing outside of the theater when The NOC is held and tell people this is just an idea,
and a premise that hasn't reached fruition ? You'll be telling people not to go in because there is no show here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 12:29:21 PM »
Bob, by now I think you would realize that PDI is a little more than an idea, escpecially if you have talked to Wayne like I have. Tickets are on sale for the NOC so I would call that more than an idea. Also, to compare PDI and Wayne to Titus in any way is just a little off base.

Bob, if the PDI is nothing more than a pipe dream destined for failure, then you could be THE force that exposes him to the world.  He's selling tickets- which means he's either legitimately offering professional bodybuilders an alternative method of earning money, or he is scamming fans.  

Either way, as the Athlete's Rep, isn't it your REPSONSIBILITY to let the athletes hear both sides of the story?  Either there will be a show and athletes will get new power and money, OR DeMilia is ripping off fans and endangering the earning power of atletes who cross over.  Don't you have a DUTY to the athletes to figure out which is happening?

If I was a pro BBer, I'd be emailing Bob Chick TODAY to request DeMilia's presence on that show IMMEDIATELY.  

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:20 PM »
That's a hell of an idea.  ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

I can't wait until BB.com makes Bob go work a booth at or cover a PDI show. I wonder what Mr. "IFBB mouthpiece" will do then?  ;D

"But, but, but... guys... I can't go to the show. Manion said I'd get kicked out of teh IFBB for attending!"

Manion will send Chic in as a spy.  CHicwill pretend to help and be buddy buddy with everyone but when he gets back to his room at night he'll start downloading pictures he took from his button cam on his silk shirt.  Then download all the conversations he had and recorded with his pen-recorder.  Chic I hope you are listening to everyone not just me.  You really need to get out while you can.  Save face and your dignity.  Don't go down with Manion and the Weiners.  I said "don't go down with" not "don't go down on" that was funny.  Oh well what an idea.

comebackkid

• Getbig II
  • Purple Posing Trunks are So Tough!
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:38 PM »
http://www.musclemayhem.com/podcasts/index.php?id=19

An indepth interview with Wayne about the PDI is already available.

Chick...you have no credibility anymore. A show need not have taken place for the issue of the PDI to be relavent to the bodybuilding world. Whether it succeeds or not, it is now a burning issue that the bodybuilding world is talking about.

Like i've said numerous times: YOU'RE A FRAUD. You don't rep the athletes, you're a mediator at best. Pack it up pal. Go compete with the masters when all the real challengers like Milos and Vince T. still have the ability to compete with the first tier pros. Do we need to tailor make a show for you to win? Its pathetic. Its opportunism at its best.

THE PDI IS A REAL ISSUE IN THE BODYBUILDING WORLD. ANY ENTITY THAT PURPORTS TO BE A VOICE OF THE BODYBUILDING ESTABLISHMENT THAT REFUSES TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE HAS NO CREDIBILITY AND IS NOT INDEPENDENT.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »
Mayhem Radio....Dan, Bob...You've been scooped.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
THE PDI IS A REAL ISSUE IN THE BODYBUILDING WORLD. ANY ENTITY THAT PURPORTS TO BE A VOICE OF THE BODYBUILDING ESTABLISHMENT THAT REFUSES TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE HAS NO CREDIBILITY AND IS NOT INDEPENDENT.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Of course you'll never get a real response to this point. He'll just spout off about how you have no idea what you're talking about.

Solid Attitude

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 01:57:52 PM »
Chick, quit responding to 240 and onlyme. Look at all of the PDI threads it's basically 240 and onlyme ranting about nothing.

Those of us who are LOYAL to the IFBB/NPC are not here to bash PDI, and honestly are not threatened by a new organization

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 02:40:36 PM »
Gentlemen,  I've enjoyed reading the various theories that my show is "controlled or owned".  Pro Bodybuilding Weekly was invented and produced by yours truly.  The show has welcomed members of ALL camps....including Weider, MD, Ironman, MuscleMag, the IFBB, etc...  Our guests have been encouraged to express their opinions freely.  Athletes have taken shots at each other.....journalists have taken shots at the Olympia...and so on.  We have also openly discussed the various developments with the proposed new organization.  This is NOT an issue that we have hid from.  I realize that there are people who would like to think that we are "controlled"....but I can assure you, all production decisions start and stop right here.  Each show is heard on-demand worldwide by nearly 90,000 bodybuilding fans each week....plus 35,000 Podcast subscribers.   These numbers don't even include the tens of thousands of fans who tune in Live.  The sponsor support and media coverage has been terrific.  Nine months ago, the show did not even exist....I'd say the formula is working.  Sadly, there will always be a handful of individuals who choose a path of negativity.  Once again, as I've stated before, "all relevant voices will be heard".  -- On a serious note, thanks for supporting the show!   

Dan

www.ProBodybuildingWeekly.com

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 02:41:51 PM »

Translation - Manion told me that he would spank me if I gave Wayne/PDI any publicity