Author Topic: Leaked Email: Hillary Hates Phrase 'Everyday Americans'  (Read 1910 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Leaked Email: Hillary Hates Phrase 'Everyday Americans'
« on: October 13, 2016, 12:36:24 PM »
Out of the all the things that have come out of the leaked email, this is one of the most disturbing to me. 

Leaked Email: Hillary Hates Phrase 'Everyday Americans'
By Jason Devaney   |    Tuesday, 11 Oct 2016 

Hillary Clinton hates the phrase "everyday Americans," according to an email obtained by WikiLeaks.

The April 2015 email chain was released Tuesday, and it starts with a draft of remarks Clinton was going to make in New Hampshire.

"I know she has begun to hate everyday Americans, but I think we should use it once the first time she says, 'I'm running for president because you and everyday Americans need a champion,'" Clinton's campaign chairman John Podesta wrote. "I think if she doesn't say it once, people will notice and say we false started in Iowa."

Dan Schwerin, Clinton's director of speechwriting, wrote the original email that contains a 1,000-plus word speech Clinton was to deliver at Whitney Brothers, a children's furniture store in Keene, N.H.

The section of the speech where Podesta asked to have "everyday Americans" was originally written as follows:

"I'm running for President because you and Americans everywhere need a champion. And I want to be that champion. So you can do more than just get by — you can get ahead and stay ahead. And starting a small business seems less like a gamble and more like an opportunity."

WikiLeaks has released several emails from the Clinton campaign in recent days, pertaining to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, and how to defeat Republicans.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/WikiLeaks-Everyday-Americans-Podesta/2016/10/11/id/752777/#ixzz4Mzmq1dMm

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Leaked Email: Hillary Hates Phrase 'Everyday Americans'
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
Why is it so disturbing to you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:27 PM »
Why is it so disturbing to you?

Because the overwhelming majority of her constituents are "everyday Americans" and she is giving the false impression that she cares about them.  Her loyalty is to the institutions that made her and Bill decamillionaires.

I bet Bernie Sanders wishes he had this email during the primaries/caucuses.  

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »
Because the overwhelming majority of her constituents are "everyday Americans" and she is giving the false impression that she cares about them.  Her loyalty is to the institutions that made her and Bill decamillionaires.

To be honest it sounds like she means the phrase "Everyday Americans". Since it's a speech writer saying she hates it... I would think that would be the phrase, and considering the context.

Perhaps I'm just wrong though.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
This is one I don't necessarily get.
She obviously does hate "everyday Americans" as evidenced by a lot of other emails, but it is not being used that way in this email when it is only about the phrase.

I see the headlines of it being displayed as "Hillary hates everyday Americans!!". Deceiving just based on that email, but oh, well, not going to make up for all the junk she and the media has pulled so far.

This email in and of itself doesn't really reveal much except she is bored with the phrase, etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »
To be honest it sounds like she means the phrase "Everyday Americans". Since it's a speech writer saying she hates it... I would think that would be the phrase, and considering the context.

Perhaps I'm just wrong though.

That's actually a reasonable interpretation, if we were not talking about Hillary Clinton.  This is the same person who called millions of people deplorable and unredeemable. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
That's actually a reasonable interpretation, if we were not talking about Hillary Clinton.  This is the same person who called millions of people deplorable and unredeemable. 

You make a fair point. She obviously doesn't mind using worse phrases when she chooses to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
You make a fair point. She obviously doesn't mind using worse phrases when she chooses to.

One of the things that concerns me is how further polarized we're going to be when she (likely) wins the election.  The millions of Trump supporters she has insulted are going to hate her.  If Trump pulls off the upset, Hillary's supporters will hate him.  And it goes beyond the candidates.  I've heard countless people demonize Trump and Hillary supporters.  Not good for the country. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »
Because the overwhelming majority of her constituents are "everyday Americans" and she is giving the false impression that she cares about them.  Her loyalty is to the to institutions that made her and Bill decamillionaires.

I don't remember the exact timeline.  But was there a reason why no ammo of any sort (from the various emails) could be given to Bernie in time to use against her?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 01:24:47 PM »
I don't remember the exact timeline.  But was there a reason why no ammo of any sort (from the various emails) could be given to Bernie in time to use against her?

Because WikiLeaks hadn't released them. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
One of the things that concerns me is how further polarized we're going to be when she (likely) wins the election.  The millions of Trump supporters she has insulted are going to hate her.  If Trump pulls off the upset, Hillary's supporters will hate him.  And it goes beyond the candidates.  I've heard countless people demonize Trump and Hillary supporters.  Not good for the country. 

Yes, I agree.  It's a terrible thing which has the potential to destroy, and it's reaching a critical level.  Not cool at all.  Not acceptable.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:43 PM »
Because WikiLeaks hadn't released them. 

That's what I mean, though.  Was there a reason they didn't do that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »
That's what I mean, though.  Was there a reason they didn't do that?

I have no idea.  Maybe it was designed to have maximum damage on Hillary, just like the MSM holding stories about Trump until the general election. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 01:41:09 PM »

It is definitely not good for the nation.

I wonder how close to this we were at around 1860?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »
I have no idea.  Maybe it was designed to have maximum damage on Hillary, just like the MSM holding stories about Trump until the general election. 

But if the concern is for the democratic process, then it seems to be a terribly inefficient way to do things.

I'll try to find more info, later.  And I'll admit to being a little biased in that I don't trust Julian Assange, but something seems a little flakey.  Doesn't make sense unless some sort of time constraint existed (which maybe it did, but right now I don't know of it).

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
So totally Agree.  We are screwed either way.  Virtually anyone besides Trump would seem to be a better candidate for president to beat Hillary.

I don't really get your assessment of the email though because it seems like you are basing your offense on an assumption that's not in the email.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 03:06:39 PM »

Yeah.  About the only thing we're missing at this point is wide scale fighting. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 03:11:02 PM »
So totally Agree.  We are screwed either way.  Virtually anyone besides Trump would seem to be a better candidate for president to beat Hillary.

I don't really get your assessment of the email though because it seems like you are basing your offense on an assumption that's not in the email.

The GOP had to nominate the one guy with this kinda baggage.  Even Jeb would have been a better choice, although I wouldn't have voted for him either.  They should have nominated Rubio who then should have selected Martinez as VP.  They would probably be winning right now.  And Democrats should have nominated Webb, who I probably would have voted for.   

My assessment is based on the literal language/reading of the email.  But I do agree with Tu that it could have been talking about using that phrase rather saying she doesn't like everyday Americans.  I'm just not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »

Problem is the difference in military might and the control of that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
The Clintons are notoriously against Everyday Americans.  Maybe Chelsea isn't quite as bad as her mom, and maybe her mom isn't quite as terrible as Bill.  But everything they learned about politics came from him, and we can't have such a destructive force in the WH ever again.  No way.  We've been through enough with W and Obama.

The reason certain people have such fond memories of Bill Clinton, is because he managed to dodge the effects of NAFTA... the thing he sold his soul for, and signed with his own hand.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 03:40:34 AM »
I agree that could be about the phrasing in a speech, but we have plenty of other times when she has purposefully demeaned large groups of people.

And wikileaks shows how much manpower is put into writing and editing her speeches.

TEAMS of people take the time just to write a single tweet for her, and yet she signs off on some of the with an "- H".
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 04:01:49 AM »
Thry demeaned Catholics Latinos and a whole host of other people.