Author Topic: was just goingt hrough the olympia pre judgin gallery..  (Read 4702 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
was just goingt hrough the olympia pre judgin gallery..
« on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:24 PM »
..and damn, why the hell did gunter get into the top 6?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
Re: was just goingt hrough the olympia pre judgin gallery..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:53:30 PM »

Monster Obliques!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
Let's just say, if he had Caprise's grill, he wouldn't have been in that final posedown...

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »
 He weighs almost 300 pounds.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »

starpower
Flower Boy Ran Away

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »
just look at how fucked up is legs are...eewww
d[-_-]b actin all cool

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
Easily Gunters worst pose. Any other pose he looked great in

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »
Tony got it.

Gunter looks awesome in most poses, and he was shredded and dry at that show.  I felt he was very deserving of his placing.  The only one in the top four with no gut too!

That is Gunter's worst pose.  He doesn't look pretty in it.

And of course, him being pretty does help his placings.  That is just life.  Better looking people will get more out of life, all else equal.

Do Branch Warren's looks sell tickets?  No.  Do Gunter's?  Absolutely.  That is why he will be promoted the way he is.

just went back and looked at all the phtos again...and hs legs looked just as shitty, if not more shityin the rest of his pictures....+ the man has no lat sweep in the rear db.    he just doesnt compete when compared to the top guys.

and your wrong about branch...he definitely sells tickets.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 06:37:59 PM »
if you had seen the part of the video of the challenge round you would easily be able to see why he was top 5. 
Valhalla awaits.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »

Your a fag! Gunter eats more shit then what you weight a day! Plus you have the worst symmetry in the intire universe. E.T. has you beat on muscle shape and structure!
just push some weight!

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
Do Branch Warren's looks sell tickets?  No.  Do Gunter's?  Absolutely.  That is why he will be promoted the way he is.

Brach Warren's appearance is very viable from the standpoint of marketing. The only major issue are his ears.
You have to keep in mind that they cater to two distinct markets. Warren has a more rugged look that outdoorsmen, construction workers, nascar enthusiasts, outdoorsmen, hunters, etc. would seek. These are just a few examples, but these are huge potential markets for weight-lifting supplements. Take a look in your gym, and unless it is in a ritzy upscale part of town, you are bound to see characters of this sort.

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »
Brach Warren's appearance is very viable from the standpoint of marketing. The only major issue are his ears.
You have to keep in mind that they cater to two distinct markets. Warren has a more rugged look that outdoorsmen, construction workers, nascar enthusiasts, outdoorsmen, hunters, etc. would seek. These are just a few examples, but these are huge potential markets for weight-lifting supplements. Take a look in your gym, and unless it is in a ritzy upscale part of town, you are bound to see characters of this sort.

WTF!!!  That is major funny!

I cannot believe you just said that.  Branch Warren's ears and Nascar?!?!  How you make that comparision is absolutely mind numbing and hilarious. 
Sleep Big.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 06:50:53 PM »

I cannot believe you just said that.  Branch Warren's ears and Nascar?!?!  How you make that comparision is absolutely mind numbing and hilarious. 

He has a point, though. Some people like the more Animal looking bodybuilders.

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 06:54:41 PM »

I know it sounds funny but I was being serious. Just take a look at some of the MuscleTech advertisements.
His facial hair, black skull cap ... he looks like a blue-collar bodybuilder, and this has a very broad appeal.
This demographic is way larger than the relatively small group that would aspire for the metrosexual look Gunther presents.

The ear comment was unrelated, I was simply commenting that his ears are very distracting and thats probably why he wears the black skull cap in the majority of photoshoots. Despite this one flaw, he is very marketable.

If anything, the look Gunther presents is a bit of a contradiction, because the proportion of men who care about veneered teeth, groomed hair, pedicured fingernails, AND piling on 330lbs of solid, snake veined muscle accompanied with an insulin-bloat face is relatively small.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »
I know it sounds funny but I was being serious. Just take a look at some of the MuscleTech advertisements.
His facial hair, black skull cap ... he looks like a blue-collar bodybuilder, and this has a very broad appeal.
This demographic is way larger than the relatively small group that would aspire for the metrosexual look Gunther presents.

The ear comment was unrelated, I was simply commenting that his ears are very distracting and thats probably why he wears the black skull cap in the majority of photoshoots. Despite this one flaw, he is very marketable.

You still play starcraft?
just push some weight!

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »
You still play starcraft?

Yes. It is still an insanely popular game despite its age.
Korea alone has 3 television stations that cover the Starcraft scene extensively.
Personally, I don't have much free-time, but I aim to play a handful of games every week.
World Cyber Games, European Championship Games, Global Gaming League, etc. still carry it as well.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 07:01:07 PM »
Yes. It is still an insanely popular game despite its age.
Korea alone has 3 television stations that cover the Starcraft scene extensively.
Personally, I don't have much free-time, but I aim to play a handful of games every week.
World Cyber Games, European Championship Games, Global Gaming League, etc. still carry it as well.

Yeah I loved that game. That and Warcraft. I think I had 500 wins and 25 loses at one point. What was your high score?
just push some weight!

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 07:07:48 PM »
Yeah I loved that game. That and Warcraft. I think I had 500 wins and 25 loses at one point. What was your high score?

Depends on the server.
If I were to log on to Battle.net USEast now, I could probably go 30 - 0 tonight. I would easily be in the Top 100 if I seriously laddered on this public server, although its so infested with hacks and cheaters now that it wouldn't be worth it (Blizzard no longer bothers to update and patch the game so the public servers are all but unplayable).

The huge rage now among the serious players is www.PGTour.net, an insanely competitive server.
Several pro-gamers and semi-pros out of Korea frequent this server. My highest rank on PGTour is C (out of a potential A+), with roughly 33% win ratio, though I've had bad days where I've gone 0 - 40.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »
Depends on the server.
If I were to log on to Battle.net USEast now, I could probably go 30 - 0 tonight. I would easily be in the Top 100 if I seriously laddered on this public server, although its so infested with hacks and cheaters now that it wouldn't be worth it (Blizzard no longer bothers to update and patch the game so the public servers are all but unplayable).

The huge rage now among the serious players is www.PGTour.net, an insanely competitive server.
Several pro-gamers and semi-pros out of Korea frequent this server. My highest rank on PGTour is C (out of a potential A+), with roughly 33% win ratio, though I've had bad days where I've gone 0 - 40.

Cool thanks for the update.
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 10:09:47 PM »
Your a fag! Gunter eats more shit then what you weight a day! Plus you have the worst symmetry in the intire universe. E.T. has you beat on muscle shape and structure!
uumm...when have you seen a good picture of me...or a picture where you can even see my body in?  you havent.  but you on the other hand....are tiny as fuck, and a waste of oxygen.

and no...he does not have me beat in symetry or muscle shape.            in fact...he beats no one in eithe rof those categories..not even you; loser.

and..to whoever told mee about watching the finals....i watched the whole olympia, and have all of it saved to my computer for watching.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
Starcraft is gay. Morrowwind Rules!!

Special "19-sided Die" Ed
BigNationRadio.com