Author Topic: which to start with?  (Read 3509 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
which to start with?
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »
what's a good overall discipline to start fighting in? been weight lifting for years and have always loved fighting..

and have been given the all clear through work that i can fight! :D i wont be able to get start til the summer after school is out but i just can't pick one over the other! i love stand up but bjj looks liek a blast too...

do they have just mma schools? or you hafta train in one area and then another?! thanks guy!  :D

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: which to start with?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »
Yes, there are mma schools, but that really depends on where you live.  Check out schools that are in your area.  I would look for a place that had a combination of:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, boxing, and Muay Thai if possible.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
there's the lion's den here in dallas! hey might hafta look into that! :D   on average how much do these classes cost a month? about a c note?  ???

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »
there's the lion's den here in dallas! hey might hafta look into that! :D   on average how much do these classes cost a month? about a c note?  ???

$200/mo in Vegas, all you can train, bjj, mma, kickboxing, whatever.  The best money I ever spent with the biggest humbling that you can get!  Nothing like showing up day one for bjj and get your a$$ handed to you by a 5'10" 165 pound 18yr old brown belt!!!

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »

I would most certainly check out the Dallas Lion's Den.  Guy Mezger and Tre Telligma are well rounded Pride and UFC veterans.  I am not sure how much it costs there.  They should have a mat fee so you can check it out without having to sign a contract beforehand.  Check out every place to train in your area to see where you feel comfortable.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »

Carlos Machado's school would probably be your best bet as far as BJJ in the Dallas area is concerned.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 12:19:25 AM »
not necessarily BJJ, but some kind of grappling is a must these days. For striking i would certainly go with Muay Thai
Scouser on Tour

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »
cobra kai dojo is the best they dont feel pain danielson

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 10:29:37 AM »
lmao@cobra kai...

i wonder how many people will google that just becuase it was a suggestion on get big!  ;D

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 10:43:20 AM »
NO MERCY!

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »
yo RUSH ...

check out www.txmma.com

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 11:23:24 AM »
thanks man!

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »
Fear Does not exist in this Dojo does it?
No Sensei
Pain Does not exist in this dojo does it
No Sensei
On the street an enemy deserves no mercy
Yes Sensei