Author Topic: Yohimbe  (Read 10012 times)

Tharayman

• Getbig I
Yohimbe
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:24:17 AM »
Been reading up a little on Yohimbe recently. Seems like a valid supplement for cutting fat! Do any of you have real life experiences to share?

Charfman84

• Getbig III
Re: Yohimbe
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:27:41 PM »
be very careful with dose, it can cause heart palpitations and a sick feeling, too much is not pleasant

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:43:58 AM »
be very careful with dose, it can cause heart palpitations and a sick feeling, too much is not pleasant

Yep, does is in me at recommend dose. Feel like I'm having a stroke. Can't handle yohimbe.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:21:18 PM »
I know the search function here kinda sucks, but Yohimbe has been discussed many times before.  The info is old, but still valid.

Before you run out and stock up on yohimbe, a couple of things. First is that if you’re not already reasonably lean to begin with, yohimbe won’t be of much use to you. The body will take fat off from the most readily accessible areas first and stubborn fat is stubborn for a reason.

Additionally, yohimbe, especially the herbal form, can cause all kinds of weird side-effects.  People often report a combination of sweats and chills along with a feeling that their heart is going to come out of their chest when they exercise (yohimbe also improves blood flow to the genitals which can lead to some potential embarrassment at the gym; it does not, contrary to popular belief, affect testosterone levels).

Finally, yohimbe is best used prior to aerobic activity although it still might have an effect for a lean dieter doing a crash diet without aerobics.

You should NEVER mix EC and yohimbe; in fact, you shouldn’t take them within about 4 hours of one another. The reason is that the side effects of each will multiply and both blood pressure and heart rate can really jump.  If you decide to use yohimbe (the yohimbine HCL form is the better choice; less side effects) the effective dose would be 0.2 mg yohimbe per kilogram of bodyweight or about .1 mg per pound consumed with 100-200 mg of caffeine. This would be taken 30-60 minutes before low intensity aerobics (preferably first thing in the morning before eating). So a 150 lb dieter would get just under 15 mg of yohimbe. As with EC it’s a good idea to start with a half-dose to assess your tolerance. If you are also using the EC stack, your doses should be taken no closer than 4 hours to the dose of yohimbe/caffeine. So you could do a yohimbe/caffeine combo at 7am prior to morning aerobics and take EC at noon and 4 pm.

Hope this helps.

:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »
Been reading up a little on Yohimbe recently. Seems like a valid supplement for cutting fat! Do any of you have real life experiences to share?

Yeah, it stimulates a condition I have, known as atrial flutter. I sweat, get dizzy and light headed. It's not a pleasant feeling.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »
Really good video by tony huge on the side effects of yohimbine.

Me personally I no longer take it after trying it a few times, I'm just too sensitive to it.