Author Topic: How bad is accutane for the liver really?  (Read 3451 times)

equipoise

• Getbig III
How bad is accutane for the liver really?
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:02:58 AM »
I started running accutane in february (self prescribed). Highest I went was 80 mg a day for a few weeks. Now I take at most 20mg a day and that is not consistent, I estimate that I take it maybe 3-4 days a week and sometimes a week or two break, basically taking the smallest amount to keep skin totally clear. I take NAC, essentiale forte, TMG, milk thistle, and soon TUDCA when my package is delivered. I take only test and have never touched an oral (not even dbol or var) in my AAS career

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: How bad is accutane for the liver really?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
I started running accutane in february (self prescribed). Highest I went was 80 mg a day for a few weeks. Now I take at most 20mg a day and that is not consistent, I estimate that I take it maybe 3-4 days a week and sometimes a week or two break, basically taking the smallest amount to keep skin totally clear. I take NAC, essentiale forte, TMG, milk thistle, and soon TUDCA when my package is delivered. I take only test and have never touched an oral (not even dbol or var) in my AAS career

what a huge waste of money
complete overkill and unnecessary.
TUDCA alone would be more than enough and you probably wouldnt even need that

accutane at 40mg a day for months on end never elevated my buddys liver enzymes the slightest bit.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
what a huge waste of money
complete overkill and unnecessary.
TUDCA alone would be more than enough and you probably wouldnt even need that

accutane at 40mg a day for months on end never elevated my buddys liver enzymes the slightest bit.

yeah i kinda figured, I might drop the other stuff except TMG (it has helped to lower my homocysteine levels)

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:39:42 AM »
yeah i kinda figured, I might drop the other stuff except TMG (it has helped to lower my homocysteine levels)
betaine?
yeah that one might be worth keeping in... i took that for a while too, has some nice benefits regarding health (methyl donor) and for the possible IGF and cell swelling effects

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 07:39:58 AM »
Go with what Jizmo said. 

It's harsh on the liver AND lipid panels. 

Make sure to get a good lotion and moisturizer.  Works wonders. No homo.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »
true on the moisturizer
my buddy had chapped lips for the whole time he was on accutane, also nosebleeds and dry skin...
 the skin on his delts/trap where he had the most acne actually went so dry that it broke and scarred when the acne retreated... now hes scarred all over.
i think its called keloid scars, which wont ever vanish. make sure you have vitamin E creme on hand or something along these lines...

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
I was on 60mg of accunten for 7 months and was using daily painkillers steroids and drinking every weekend snorting speed or coke... I was a mess back in time. I only do coke a lot of coke once a month for about 2- 7 days (y) to make it short my liver has always been fine

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
Keep the dose reasonable and liver stress and side effects are minimal. Lips were a little dry but went away soon after stopping.

Accutane is amazing. Its a cure not a treatment.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 06:27:27 PM »
Keep the dose reasonable and liver stress and side effects are minimal. Lips were a little dry but went away soon after stopping.

Accutane is amazing. Its a cure not a treatment.

I wouldn't say its a cure my friend.. I was on it and was good for 3 years.. I'm starting to get acne again... really embarrassing for 26 year old "teen"

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »
true on the moisturizer
my buddy had chapped lips for the whole time he was on accutane, also nosebleeds and dry skin...
 the skin on his delts/trap where he had the most acne actually went so dry that it broke and scarred when the acne retreated... now hes scarred all over.
i think its called keloid scars, which wont ever vanish. make sure you have vitamin E creme on hand or something along these lines...

Right, forgot about the nosebleeds. Put vaseline in your nose with a q tip at night before bed.  Sometimes I used a saline nose spray that also was a good to keep the nose moist to prevent nosebleeds. 

If you live in a cold place where you run the heat at night, you're going to have issues.

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »

Instead of taking TMG, replace it with SAM-e

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »

I wouldn't say its a cure my friend.. I was on it and was good for 3 years.. I'm starting to get acne again... really embarrassing for 26 year old "teen"
Did you do the full accumulative dosage of 120-150mg per kg of body weight?

I would do a low dose course again if your having problems. Maybe 10-20mgs a day for a while.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 03:49:15 PM »
Most are prescribed 40mg accutane daily for a prolonged period. This is toxic & overkill.

for a cycle, 10mg 1-2x week is safe & works amazingly well for those who have oil/acne issues that can't be solved with supps.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 03:08:03 PM »
I was one of the early patients on it and at a much higher dose then they prescribe now. It did not leave me with any scars I didn't already have but wreaked havoc with my skin. Of course it was in the winter and everything dried out like crazy. I also had the worst jock itch i've ever had in my life.

To this day I still have dry skin but the cystic acne cleared and never came back. They blood tested me once a month back then just to be sure nothing was awry.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 03:31:28 PM »
Never understood the higher dosages. Why deal with nosebleeds, etc.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »

For heavy acne, you need the heavy dosages, but for mild gear related oil/acne, 10mg a week will do the job with no issues.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »

Over time I see they definitely brought the doses down even for cystic acne. The nose bleeds are from the drug drying out the mucus membranes. I don't remember having any.