Author Topic: Serious Question. Why do people by supplements still?  (Read 1549 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Serious Question. Why do people by supplements still?
« on: October 23, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »
What are they hoping to accomplish?  ???

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Serious Question. Why do people by supplements still?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 04:00:11 PM »
Gain muscle, shed fat, perform better.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 04:13:06 PM »
Some guys are always looking for supplements that boost sexual performance. Those guys cannot be talked down.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
What are they hoping to accomplish?  ???
Because they work.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »

We need it. We want it. Kevin Levrone Signature Series.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »
These discussions end up focusing on subjective reports and devolve into post-a-pic-then.  Let's take a broader perspective this time around.  It's because people are victims of advertising.  They have been trained, by years of exposure to bullshit, to believe that if something costs them money then it will work as advertised.  And that the more it costs the better it works.  This despite almost continual disappointment, which I find fascinating.

The muscle supplement industry didn't blaze any trails.  You can observe this phenomenon at work from knickknacks to cars to foods to education to houses, etc.  "I paid for this.  Therefore it works.  Because otherwise I'd be a sucker, which I'm not."  Said the man with the overpriced, underperforming everything.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
I take creatine monohydrate.  About $16 for 9 months worth.  I think it does up my strength and mass a little at the cost of maybe a little more bloating.

Could be wrong.  Have you used creatine recently?  thoughts on it?

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
Because Leverone say they work & I want to look like Leverone....

So if I buy enough supplements eventually I'll look exactly like Leverone.  I've got his entire Signature series on Auto Order to ensure I never run out..

Only costs $439 per month.... Small price to pay to look exactly like Leverone.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »
Depends on what supps you are talking about, I take ashwagandha, maca powder, raw cacao powder, apple cider vinegar post meals, digestive enzymes and probiotics. Bodybuilding wise, pop a caffeine pill pre workout, a whey isolate with some waxymaize post workout. Special mention Ronnie Colemans Ressurect Pm was great before bed.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »
Depends on what supps you are talking about, I take ashwagandha, maca powder, raw cacao powder, apple cider vinegar post meals, digestive enzymes and probiotics. Bodybuilding wise, pop a caffeine pill pre workout, a whey isolate with some waxymaize post workout. Special mention Ronnie Colemans Ressurect Pm was great before bed.

u still banging low doses of gear go 4 it or am i thinking of someone else?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 09:59:09 PM »
Whadda waste.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »
Supplements are essential to me. Without my "Up Your Mass", "Muscle Milk", and whatever "gainers" are on sale I'd wither away to nothing.

I have a condition which I wish more people had -- I don't like to eat. When I eat it's rarely because I'm hungry. So it's not really that I don't like to eat per se I just can't, or find it difficult, to eat enough to maintain a decent body weight and not look like a rice paddy immigrant fresh out of the Pol Pot regime. I can easily get by with two normal size meals per day. Normal size to me would be a "mini-plate" which consists here in Hawaii as one scoop of rice, scoop of mac salad and some meat entree like chicken, beef, fish -- about a palm size amount or one McDouble and a small order of fries

Food is of course better than shakes (sometimes?) but the only real advantage of meal replacement drinks are convenience and easy to chug down.

I went on vacation for two week and only ate when I got hungry and didn't bother with shakes and within two weeks I got down to 173 lbs at nearly 6'2". My normal eating schedule during that time was a snack at around 2-3pm and a full meal around 8 pm (I got up at 8 am in the morning).

I also take vitamin D as my blood test showed I was slightly below normal and also some fish oil. I don't share the anti-supp mentality that seems permeate this board.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 01:40:46 AM »
i rather have supplements all day than the shit that adonis is eating. not only does it taste better, is more convenient and it's also healthier.

supporting the industry is just an added bonus!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:00 AM »
Creatine improves my strenght. Also use ZMA to sleep better.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 02:51:43 AM »
some legal Supplements maybe can make you 5 % bigger,better,leaner. I use some supplements around awake, than pre- and after workout, and 2 before going to sleep. In the morning and after Training you Need fast Proteins. a good whey (Isolate) is "faster" than a Steak....same after Training. But regular Food is very important.