Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Cheat Meal/Fast Food Joint  (Read 6579 times)

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
What's Your Favorite Cheat Meal/Fast Food Joint
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »
My go to cheat meal:

Taco bell - 3 quesoritos and a nachos bell grande = 2300 calories

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: What's Your Favorite Cheat Meal/Fast Food Joint
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
My favorite cheat meal is a cereal, I alternate between Coco Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I'll dump the whole box in a giant bowl, toss in 3 or 4  bananas, chocolate almond milk with the Coco Pebbles or Vanilla almond milk with the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, last meal on Sundays for me.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 04:31:01 PM »
 8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
In and out , in and out. It's what a hamburgers all about.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »
My go to cheat meal:

Large meat lovers pan pizza from Pizza Hut.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »
This is a cool Toronto spot, even the service is not for those seeking their "safe zone" lol

Check out the menu, scroll down, these guys were doing giant burgers 17 years ago before the hipster f.a.g.s thought it to be cool prices are decent, Canadian $$ of course

http://www.dangerousdansdiner.com/menu.htm

DANGEROUS DAN's (714 Queen East, at Broadview, 416-463-7310)

Located across the street from a peeler palace, this no-frills steak 'n' burger joint looks kinda scary. But the friendly kids behind the counter and rock-bottom prices won't frighten away the value-conscious. Best: the humongous 24-ounce Homeburger -- yes, the equivalent of six Quarter-Pounders -- served with crisply golden chunky fries; Bronto Ribs Dinner featuring 21/2 pounds of meaty dinosaur-sized beef ribs in spice-spiked barbecue sauce; char-broiled 11-ounce New York strip with grilled mushrooms, a credible Caesar and fries enough for two; poutine -- cardiac arrest in a box; Massive chocolate brownie piled with chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup and real whipped cream. Complete dinners for $20 per person ($10 at lunch), including all taxes, tip and a domestic beer. Open Sunday to Thursday 11 am to midnight, Friday and Saturday 11 am to 2 am. Fully licensed. Access: ramp at door, washrooms on same floor.

When james mckinnon, the for-mer maitre d' of the pricey and now-defunct steak house Houstons', decided to open his own place two and a half years ago, he didn't want what he describes as a frou-frou place. Instead, he opened a Tulip-style diner on one of the roughest corners in town. When hiring his first cook, he asked the applicants if they could fight."I can't teach someone to fight, but I can always teach somebody how to cook," explains the affable McKinnon...

"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »
Gotta love those old school steak fries.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »
Pizza.

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 02:51:25 AM »
8)

Five Guys doesn't look any different than what I could cook at home. What makes it so good?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:28:44 AM »
Five Guys doesn't look any different than what I could cook at home. What makes it so good?

Anyone can make a burger at home.

Apparently, each store does things differently, but, the one where I've gone, in Saratoga NY, just does everything well, from the quality of the meat, to the soft chewy bun, to the crispy fresh cut fries, to the wide variety of burger toppings.

In addition, they have big boxes of peanuts in the shell, that you can snack on while you wait for your food.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:44:35 AM »
Five Guys use condiments...specificall y pickles...that are not sour enough...and you have to tell them to hold the mayo instead of just normally using mustard as God intended...I don't like them.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 03:49:52 AM »
5 Guys is a great burger but too small. If it were not for the very large portion of fries I would either still be hungry or need to order 2 burgers.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 04:08:06 AM »

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 04:26:00 AM »
My go to cheat meal:

Cheat meal? Lasagna, the way i make it at home myself

Fast Food Joint? toss up between chipotle or wendy's

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 05:19:02 AM »
Lately, I've been cooking my own "cheat" meals.

Fresh, homemade Chinese has been my go-to.
a

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 05:22:10 AM »
8)

they are not that big in the UK

At £8.50 they are seriously overpriced.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 05:51:27 AM »
This is a cool Toronto spot, even the service is not for those seeking their "safe zone" lol

Check out the menu, scroll down, these guys were doing giant burgers 17 years ago before the hipster f.a.g.s thought it to be cool prices are decent, Canadian $$ of course

Located across the street from a peeler palace, this no-frills steak 'n' burger joint looks kinda scary. But the friendly kids behind the counter and rock-bottom prices won't frighten away the value-conscious. Best: the humongous 24-ounce Homeburger -- yes, the equivalent of six Quarter-Pounders -- served with crisply golden chunky fries; Bronto Ribs Dinner featuring 21/2 pounds of meaty dinosaur-sized beef ribs in spice-spiked barbecue sauce; char-broiled 11-ounce New York strip with grilled mushrooms, a credible Caesar and fries enough for two; poutine -- cardiac arrest in a box; Massive chocolate brownie piled with chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup and real whipped cream. Complete dinners for $20 per person ($10 at lunch), including all taxes, tip and a domestic beer. Open Sunday to Thursday 11 am to midnight, Friday and Saturday 11 am to 2 am. Fully licensed. Access: ramp at door, washrooms on same floor.

When james mckinnon, the for-mer maitre d' of the pricey and now-defunct steak house Houstons', decided to open his own place two and a half years ago, he didn't want what he describes as a frou-frou place. Instead, he opened a Tulip-style diner on one of the roughest corners in town. When hiring his first cook, he asked the applicants if they could fight."I can't teach someone to fight, but I can always teach somebody how to cook," explains the affable McKinnon...

Damn, that's not far from where I live. I'll have to check it out.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 06:22:04 AM »
they are not that big in the UK

At £8.50 they are seriously overpriced.

I like that it costs a bit more. Keeps out the [Fill in the Blank]. I can eat there in peace.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »
My favorite cheat meal is a cereal, I alternate between Coco Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I'll dump the whole box in a giant bowl, toss in 3 or 4  bananas, chocolate almond milk with the Coco Pebbles or Vanilla almond milk with the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, last meal on Sundays for me.
Living on the edge...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 07:17:09 AM »
Living on the edge...

Lol

One time he really went crazy and put a few mini marshmallows in there.

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »

Looks dryer than the fucking Sahara.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 07:22:54 AM »
Damn, that's not far from where I live. I'll have to check it out.

If there's a strip club across the street I'd stop there first. 

As for why buy a burger if you can make it at home?  Well you need to go buy buns, meat etc... stink up your place like fried meat or just sit in your car and have someone give it to you.  I can get two In and out double doubles for $6 or go to the store and spend $7-9 on ground beef, $2 on 8 buns when I only need 2, a couple bucks for lettuce and tomatoes, then some ketchup and sauce.  Not really worth it.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:41 AM »
If there's a strip club across the street I'd stop there first. 

As for why buy a burger if you can make it at home?  Well you need to go buy buns, meat etc... stink up your place like fried meat or just sit in your car and have someone give it to you.  I can get two In and out double doubles for $6 or go to the store and spend $7-9 on ground beef, $2 on 8 buns when I only need 2, a couple bucks for lettuce and tomatoes, then some ketchup and sauce.  Not really worth it.

Thankfully, money isn't tight for me currently. The reason I like 5 guys, burrito boyz (I understand most people think its BS mexican food, but i love that place), chipotle, and other fast food/restaurants is cause they can make a better burger/burrito/steak than I can. I'm an OK cook, but I like eating food cooked by someone who's job it is. Sure, some suck at their job, and that's why I don't frequent their restaurants. I'm also excited when there's a sweet potato fries option, I love those things and don't want to spend time cleaning, cutting, frying a yam myself at home.
All in all, I like going out to eat because I'm a lazy fuck and don't feel like cooking myself.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 08:07:17 AM »
Thankfully, money isn't tight for me currently. The reason I like 5 guys, burrito boyz (I understand most people think its BS mexican food, but i love that place), chipotle, and other fast food/restaurants is cause they can make a better burger/burrito/steak than I can. I'm an OK cook, but I like eating food cooked by someone who's job it is. Sure, some suck at their job, and that's why I don't frequent their restaurants. I'm also excited when there's a sweet potato fries option, I love those things and don't want to spend time cleaning, cutting, frying a yam myself at home.
All in all, I like going out to eat because I'm a lazy fuck and don't feel like cooking myself.

I'll easily admit that I can make better burgers, pizza , mexican and italian food than most restaurants, but a lot of the times I just don't have time to run to the store, buy the ingredients, cook, clean up etc...  Sometimes it's just easier to have someone else do it for you.  Plus sometimes when buying ingredients I start to see the fat content on the labels so I scale back and shit.  I'm not as concerned when I just order 2 double doubles.  Some things I don't eat out for are steaks.  I cook perfect steaks and have  a butcher to get top meat.  I've rarely had a steak out that was better than what I can do at home.  For the cost I can have a couple steaks, sides and a bottle of wine for what most restaurants want for 1 steak with nothing else.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
I'll easily admit that I can make better burgers, pizza , mexican and italian food than most restaurants, but a lot of the times I just don't have time to run to the store, buy the ingredients, cook, clean up etc...  Sometimes it's just easier to have someone else do it for you.  Plus sometimes when buying ingredients I start to see the fat content on the labels so I scale back and shit.  I'm not as concerned when I just order 2 double doubles.  Some things I don't eat out for are steaks.  I cook perfect steaks and have  a butcher to get top meat.  I've rarely had a steak out that was better than what I can do at home.  For the cost I can have a couple steaks, sides and a bottle of wine for what most restaurants want for 1 steak with nothing else.

This is what happens to me.   I think most restaurants us 80/20 for their burgers, and I buy the 93/7 grass fed stuff which doesn't translate (don't care to defend why I buy this, lol....)

Easy to see why the burgers taste better.  I'd rather just eat the restaurant burger and be done with it.
Y