Author Topic: Winners and Losers  (Read 18507 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Winners and Losers
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »
Loser:

Andrew Cuomo. 

NY Gov. Cuomo Booked 200 D.C. Hotel Rooms for Clinton Inauguration
Dec 19, 2016 // 7:47am
As seen on Fox & Friends

Rexnord Employee Facing Termination: We Must Hold Trump Accountable

Gutfeld Skewers Anti-Trump Celebs: Do They Know Martin Sheen Wasn't Actually Pres.?

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was so confident that Hillary Clinton would win the presidential election that he booked 200 hotel rooms in Washington, D.C. for her inauguration.

The New York Post reported that Cuomo, a longtime Clinton supporter, planned for the rooms at the downtown Loews Madison to be used by family, friends and supporters.

When President-elect Donald Trump won, Cuomo was stuck with the reservations, so he reportedly had a staffer call, Ed Cox, chairman of New York’s Republican Party, to offer him the giant block of rooms.

“The best part is Cuomo booked so early, he locked in a really low rate,” the Posts's source reportedly said. “Rooms in D.C. are a hot commodity right now.”

Watch the "News by the Numbers" segment above, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/19/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-booked-200-dc-hotel-rooms-hillary-clinton-inauguration

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
Winners and Losers of the 2016 election. 

Biggest Winners:

Trump for obvious reasons.

Kellyanne Conway.  She was the difference maker IMO. 

All of those who gave the establishment a big middle finger and backed Trump early:  Palin, Guiliani, Sessions, Christi, Dr. Carson, Newt, Lt. Gen Flynn, etc. 

The LA Times poll, which relied on the same group of voters for its poll and, contrary to almost every other polling service, got it right.

IBD.   For the second presidential election in a row, was the most accurate poll before the election. 

Biggest Losers:

The mainstream media.  Abandoned all pretenses of trying to be objective and engaged in the most outrageously biased “reporting” I have ever seen in a presidential campaign. 

Pollsters, including the guy I follow most closely Nate Silver.  They whiffed on Trump.  Twice. 

The plethora of hypocritical liberals who were outraged when Trump refused to say during the last debate that he would support Hillary if she won, who responded to the election by saying “not my president,” protesting, crying, etc.

Clinton, Inc.  A lifetime sham marriage whose goal included a presidential dynasty.  They succeeded in enriching themselves, but failed miserably on their ultimate goal of a Hillary presidency. 

Gloria Allred.  The most irritating woman in America tried to sink Trump with a bimbo eruption and failed.  That makes me smile. 

Feel free to add yours. 

Good post EXCEPT for NJ Gov Christie. Looks like bridge gate is gonna bite his ample ass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »
Loser:

President Obama.  This is hilarious. 

CNN on Monday published an interview that former Obama senior adviser David Axelrod conducted with his old boss, who claimed the vision of a united America he stressed in his famous 2004 Democratic National Convention keynote speech is still powerful enough that it might have carried the day.
'You know, I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I – if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it.'

'I know that in conversations that I've had with people around the country, even some people who disagreed with me, they would say, "The vision, the direction that you point towards is the right one",' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4066510/Obama-says-beaten-Trump-allowed-run-weigh-important-issues-ex-president-instead-staying-sidelines.html#ixzz4U0JpVf8l

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Losers:

Congressman John Lewis

and again . . . Rachel Maddow.  lol

&feature=share

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 03:49:54 AM »
Losers: Black Churches  ;)

a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 03:51:17 AM »
Losers: Swing Sets
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
Hillary Clinton Lashes Out at Press and ‘Sexism’ for 2016 Loss, Claims She Beat Trump

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
by ADAM SHAW
27 May 2017

After entering the White House in 2009, President Barack Obama went on his famous “apology” tour. Now, Hillary Clinton, having failed to win the White House in 2016, is currently on an “I’m owed an apology” tour.
In an interview for an article by New York Magazine published Friday, Clinton has apparently moved past “gracious Hillary” and “relaxed in the woods Hillary” and has now moved into “angry Hillary” mode.

“I would have won had I not been subjected to the unprecedented attacks by [former FBI Director James] Comey and the Russians, aided and abetted by the suppression of the vote, particularly in Wisconsin,” she complains, adding voter suppression to her normal narrative blaming Russia/Comey.

Clinton resurrected the Russia/Comey excuse in an interview earlier this month with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour when she also called herself “part of the resistance” and claimed, “If the election had been on October 27, I would be your president.” But now she is taking it to the next level.

In the New York Magazine article, called “Hillary Clinton Is Furious. And Resigned. And Funny. And Worried,” the predominant mood is the fury — not the resignation, worry, or her alleged sense of humor. In the interview, Clinton pounces on the press — particularly the “advocacy press on the right.”

The press, she believes, didn’t make it any easier. “Look, we have an advocacy press on the right that has done a really good job for the last 25 years,” she says. “They have a mission. They use the rights given to them under the First Amendment to advocate a set of policies that are in their interests, their commercial, corporate, religious interests. Because the advocacy media occupies the right, and the center needs to be focused on providing as accurate information as possible. Not both-sides-ism and not false equivalency.”

She then blasts MSNBC and The New York Times for hiring moderate conservatives such as George Will and Bret Stephens, seething: “Why … would … you … do … that?” before saying 66 million people voted for her and “you know, the crazy third-party people” — a reminder of her famous “deplorable” comment that helped doom her candidacy.

Sixty-six million people voted for me, plus, you know, the crazy third-party people. So there’s a lot of people who would actually appreciate stronger arguments on behalf of the most existential challenges facing our country and the world, climate change being one of them! It’s clearly a commercial decision. But I don’t think it will work. I mean, they’re laughing on the right at these puny efforts to try to appease people on the right.

Clinton also blames her opponents in the primary and the general election for capitalizing on anger. When asked if Trump and Sanders capitalized on anger, Clinton says, “Yes,” and adds (incorrectly) “And I beat both of them.”

Clinton is also happy, when prodded, to blame her defeat on sexism. She believes, for instance, that the viciousness of the attacks against her was because women are seen as less likable as they become more successful.

“Once I moved from serving someone — a man, the president — to seeking that job on my own, I was once again vulnerable to the barrage of innuendo and negativity and attacks that come with the territory of a woman who is striving to go further,” she said.

Author Rebecca Traister — who at one point mulls “how a pussy-grabbing goblin managed to gain the White House over an experienced woman” — notes that online searches for “misogyny” have increased.

Asking Clinton if she can still believe people don’t know what misogyny means, Clinton responds: “Why, yes. I guess I can believe that.”

The New York Magazine article was published the same day as Clinton gave a commencement address at her alma mater, in which she warned against politicians who invent their own facts and “attempt to control reality.”

“When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them, it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society,” she said. “That is not hyperbole, it is what authoritarian regimes throughout history have done. … They attempt to control reality.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/hillary-clinton-lashes-out-at-press-and-sexism-for-2016-loss-claims-she-beat-trump/

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 03:29:09 PM »
Newsflash - Hillary lost. Why do you dickwads care about what she said last year?

Trump's President ...but who knows for how long? ;)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 03:39:21 PM »
Newsflash - Hillary lost. Why do you dickwads care about what she said last year?

Trump's President ...but who knows for how long? ;)

What do you mean?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »

What an old harpy

Hillary Clinton Lashes Out at Press and ‘Sexism’ for 2016 Loss, Claims She Beat Trump

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
by ADAM SHAW
27 May 2017

After entering the White House in 2009, President Barack Obama went on his famous “apology” tour. Now, Hillary Clinton, having failed to win the White House in 2016, is currently on an “I’m owed an apology” tour.
In an interview for an article by New York Magazine published Friday, Clinton has apparently moved past “gracious Hillary” and “relaxed in the woods Hillary” and has now moved into “angry Hillary” mode.

“I would have won had I not been subjected to the unprecedented attacks by [former FBI Director James] Comey and the Russians, aided and abetted by the suppression of the vote, particularly in Wisconsin,” she complains, adding voter suppression to her normal narrative blaming Russia/Comey.

Clinton resurrected the Russia/Comey excuse in an interview earlier this month with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour when she also called herself “part of the resistance” and claimed, “If the election had been on October 27, I would be your president.” But now she is taking it to the next level.

In the New York Magazine article, called “Hillary Clinton Is Furious. And Resigned. And Funny. And Worried,” the predominant mood is the fury — not the resignation, worry, or her alleged sense of humor. In the interview, Clinton pounces on the press — particularly the “advocacy press on the right.”

The press, she believes, didn’t make it any easier. “Look, we have an advocacy press on the right that has done a really good job for the last 25 years,” she says. “They have a mission. They use the rights given to them under the First Amendment to advocate a set of policies that are in their interests, their commercial, corporate, religious interests. Because the advocacy media occupies the right, and the center needs to be focused on providing as accurate information as possible. Not both-sides-ism and not false equivalency.”

She then blasts MSNBC and The New York Times for hiring moderate conservatives such as George Will and Bret Stephens, seething: “Why … would … you … do … that?” before saying 66 million people voted for her and “you know, the crazy third-party people” — a reminder of her famous “deplorable” comment that helped doom her candidacy.

Sixty-six million people voted for me, plus, you know, the crazy third-party people. So there’s a lot of people who would actually appreciate stronger arguments on behalf of the most existential challenges facing our country and the world, climate change being one of them! It’s clearly a commercial decision. But I don’t think it will work. I mean, they’re laughing on the right at these puny efforts to try to appease people on the right.

Clinton also blames her opponents in the primary and the general election for capitalizing on anger. When asked if Trump and Sanders capitalized on anger, Clinton says, “Yes,” and adds (incorrectly) “And I beat both of them.”

Clinton is also happy, when prodded, to blame her defeat on sexism. She believes, for instance, that the viciousness of the attacks against her was because women are seen as less likable as they become more successful.

“Once I moved from serving someone — a man, the president — to seeking that job on my own, I was once again vulnerable to the barrage of innuendo and negativity and attacks that come with the territory of a woman who is striving to go further,” she said.

Author Rebecca Traister — who at one point mulls “how a pussy-grabbing goblin managed to gain the White House over an experienced woman” — notes that online searches for “misogyny” have increased.

Asking Clinton if she can still believe people don’t know what misogyny means, Clinton responds: “Why, yes. I guess I can believe that.”

The New York Magazine article was published the same day as Clinton gave a commencement address at her alma mater, in which she warned against politicians who invent their own facts and “attempt to control reality.”

“When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them, it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society,” she said. “That is not hyperbole, it is what authoritarian regimes throughout history have done. … They attempt to control reality.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/hillary-clinton-lashes-out-at-press-and-sexism-for-2016-loss-claims-she-beat-trump/

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
What do you mean?

I'm a conservative libertarian "never Trump" voter.
Trump was so bad, my wife and I had to vote for Hillary instead.

But make no mistake, I'm no fan of Hillary .
So, I don't give a fuk about what she said or did, especially now.

I'd love to see Trump resign , so Pence could be potus.
That was the republican led congress could get some real effective legislation passed.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
I'm a conservative libertarian "never Trump" voter.
Trump was so bad, my wife and I had to vote for Hillary instead.

But make no mistake, I'm no fan of Hillary .
So, I don't give a fuk about what she said or did, especially now.

I'd love to see Trump resign , so Pence could be potus.
That was the republican led congress could get some real effective legislation passed.

Why did you mention "last year"?  That's what I'm asking. 

What caused you to say that?

Trying to figure out if I've missed your logic, or what happened.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2017, 08:39:30 PM »
Coach taking up four spots at the mall... ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
Coach taking up four spots at the mall... ;D

Just like all the places his party is taking up by winning elections.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
Aside from how bad this is making her look, I wonder if she is trying to get out in front of a possible reopening of the investigation?  I always thought the results of the FBI investigation should have, at a minimum, been presented to a grand jury.

Still Sore: Hillary Blames DNC, SCOTUS, ‘1,000 Russian Agents’ for Loss
Clinton public appearances dominated by increasingly bizarre election-defeat claims
by Jim Stinson | Updated 31 May 2017

Hillary Clinton spoke to Goldman Sachs for the very simple reason that she got paid, the former Democratic presidential candidate told an audience at Recode’s annual coding conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

Clinton took the opportunity to blame numerous players for her Nov. 8 election defeat, and also to justify her use of the term “vast right-wing conspiracy” all the way back in 1998. The “conspiracy” against her, she suggested, is still alive.

“The Russians … could not have known how best to weaponize that information unless they had been … guided by Americans. And guided by people who had polling and data and information.”

Clinton, speaking to Recode founders Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher, said she didn’t lose because of her own choices or flaws — such as taking money to speak to big banks, or her odd failure to substantially campaign in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

“I take responsibility for every decision I made, but that’s not why I lost,” said Clinton, blaming Russia, “weaponized information,” the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United, and many more players.

Clinton blamed propaganda and “content” that was used by President Donald Trump’s campaign and allies to influence voters in a covert type of manner.

Clinton blamed “the other side” for using “content farms” and fake news to target her.

“How about lies?” said Mossberg, to applause from the liberal-leaning audience.

While Clinton told Mossberg and Swisher she did not engage in lies during her campaign, she said Trump's side did. Clinton also raised the theory that "1,000 Russian agents" were working every day to make sure that distorted "content" was appearing before internet users. Clinton did not cite her source for the claim.

Another bizarre claim Clinton made was that Trump advisers Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway were chosen to run the final months of the Trump campaign because of the urging of Cambridge Analytica, which is owned by billionaire Rebecca Mercer and family. The Mercers said they would "wed" their data with the RNC and Trump's data if the hires were made.

Bannon and Conway did not immediately return a request from LifeZette to respond.

Clinton also blamed the Democratic National Committee for being in poor shape, after eight years of what should have been salad days for the party, given former President Barack Obama's tenure.

"I set up my campaign, and we have our own data operation," said Clinton. "I get the nomination. So I'm now the nominee of the Democratic party. I inherit nothing from the Democratic party. I mean, it was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency. Its data was mediocre to poor, nonexistent, wrong. I had to inject money into it."

The question of data was on Clinton's mind, quite a bit, and not just because she was at a coding conference. Clinton laid out a three-part conspiracy in which weaponized information was coordinated on Facebook and elsewhere. Clinton came very close to suggesting Cambridge Analytica coordinated with the Russians.

The three-part conspiracy started, Clinton said, when the Russians stole information from the Democrats and Clinton's campaign manager, John Podesta.

The next step was coordination, Clinton said. There was no possible way, Clinton said, that the Russians would know how to distribute the information in the most damaging way, without American help. (Clinton brushed aside the fact that WikiLeaks began leaking the information on Oct. 7, because she said WikiLeaks is the same thing as the Russian secret service.)

"The Russians, in my opinion, and based on the intel and counterintel people I've talked to, could not have known how best to weaponize that information unless they had been guided," said Clinton. "Guided by Americans. And guided by people who had polling and data and information."

Then came FBI Director James Comey's decision to order a new investigation into Clinton's email server on Oct. 28. Clinton had gotten into trouble in 2015 for running State Department emails through her private server.

Clinton said Comey acted upon false Russian information to order the new investigation just before the election.

Clinton said she is "leaning" in the direction of blaming Trump for the coordination and the fake news.

"I think it's pretty hard not to," said Clinton.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/still-sore-hillary-blames-dnc-scotus-1000-russian-agents-loss/

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »
Did she mention the damage her womanizing husband caused when he illegally met with Loretta Lynch ?

How about her Benghazi fuck up?

Anything about destroying evidence while under FBI subpoena?

Anything about her passing out on the campaign trail and then lying about it?

How about getting exposed through Podesta emails that the Clinton Foundation was used a her personal piggy bank?

Any mention of her brilliant campaign strategies....like where to campaign and calling half the country deplorables?

I'm sure that's all in there...or was it all deleted in "a vast right-wing conspiracy?"

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
Well this is just getting embarrassing now for Hillary... I guess TPTB are upset their 1 billion dollar investment was a flop

a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
Why did you mention "last year"?  That's what I'm asking. 

What caused you to say that?

Trying to figure out if I've missed your logic, or what happened.

She's rehashing about why she lost, LAST year ( Nov 2016).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
Did she mention the damage her womanizing husband caused when he illegally met with Loretta Lynch ?

How about her Benghazi fuck up?

Anything about destroying evidence while under FBI subpoena?

Anything about her passing out on the campaign trail and then lying about it?

How about getting exposed through Podesta emails that the Clinton Foundation was used a her personal piggy bank?

Any mention of her brilliant campaign strategies....like where to campaign and calling half the country deplorables?

I'm sure that's all in there...or was it all deleted in "a vast right-wing conspiracy?"

Now this is why she lost, along with her unfavorable ratings being historically high. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
She probably blames God too for her loss.  And why is her pastor talking to the media about this?  To help with sales of her upcoming devotional book?  Just further proof that there is nothing authentic about this woman. 

EXCLUSIVE: Are you there God? It's me, Hillary. Clinton is praying EVERY DAY after her defeat by Trump reveals pastor who sends her special prayers about 'being strong'
Hillary Clinton's pastor, Rev Bill Shillady, tells DailyMail.com he sends daily prayers to defeated Democratic candidate about 'being strong'
He said that Clinton has been finding 'strength and hope' in her Methodist faith as she tries to understand what went wrong
Rev Shillady sent Clinton a daily devotional throughout her presidential campaign and needed team of writers to put them together 
They were first thing she read each morning  and the pastor wrote them based on 'the headlines of the day'
By Daniel Bates For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 5 June 2017

Hillary Clinton has been reading daily devotionals since losing the election which teach her about 'being strong in the midst of unpredictability', her pastor has revealed.

The Rev Bill Shillady said that the former Democratic Presidential candidate's prayers have been about 'encouragement' as she grapples with her shock defeat to Donald Trump.

He said that Clinton has been finding 'strength and hope' in her Methodist faith as she tries to understand what went wrong.

Clinton has only touched briefly on the personal impact her defeat has had on her making Rev Shillady's disclosure a significant insight into her state of mind.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Turned to prayer: Hillary Clinton is still seeking solace in her faith after her shock November defeat at the hands of Donald Trump, her pastor has revealed. She spoke about her defeat at BookExpo 2017 in New York last week

Daily prayer: The Rev Bill Shillady sent a devotional to Clinton at 5am every day during her campaign; it was the first thing she read   +4
'Secretary Clinton found strength from these devotionals that I sent to her each day at 5am,' Rev Shillady told DailyMail.com.

She has not mentioned the importance of her faith in overcoming the defeat, but did say during her commencement speech at Wellesley College that she had taken long walks, reorganized her closets and joked: 'I won't lie, chardonnay helped a little, too.'

Rev Shillady said that Clinton 'reads her scripture and prays each and every day' and that was helping her to get through the darker days.

Rev Shillady has known the Clintons for more than a decade, and helped officiate at the wedding of their daughter Chelsea to her husband Marc Mezvinsky.

He also led the memorial service for Clinton's mother Dorothy Rodham in 2011.

Speaking to DailyMail.com, the Methodist minister from New York said that he began sending Clinton daily devotions in Easter 2015 when she told him she was running for the Presidency.

They were the first thing she read each morning and gave her inspiration for her day.

He said: 'Secretary Clinton found strength from these devotionals that I sent to her each day at 5am.

'My team of writers and I used passages of scripture, a reflection on that passage, and a prayer to support her depending on the events that were taking place.

'I would write the devotional after reading the headlines of the day.'

Rev Shillady said that Clinton 'cares about people' and 'lives out her faith in her constant compassion and caring for the least, the last, and the lost'.

He said that he spoke to her a few days after election night and she encourages him to publish all the devotionals 'because they gave her strength in the midst of the loss'.

Recently he has been giving her devotionals about 'encouragement, being strong in the midst of unpredictability, he said.

He said: 'I know how important it is for me as a person of faith to rise each morning and center my day around prayer, meditation, and spiritual thinking.'

Some 365 of the 600 devotionals will be released in full in a book called 'Strong For A Moment Like This: The Daily Devotionals of Hillary Rodham Clinton', which is out in October, and being published by Abingdon Press.

They will be organized into 12 themes, such as Forgiveness, Doing Good, Courage, and Women.

They will show how much Mrs Clinton was inspired to use their lessons in her speeches like in a January 2016 interview with Buzzfeed in which she talked about 'love and kindness'.

Lhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4574228/Hillary-Clinton-praying-DAY-defeat.html#ixzz4j9e5niLC

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »
Losers are liberals......just because.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »
Losers are liberals......just because.

Soon they will hate the Sun.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
She's rehashing about why she lost, LAST year ( Nov 2016).

But speaking about it last week, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 03:41:21 PM »
Still losing.  lol

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Winner - Rachel Maddow

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow had the most-watched show in cable news in August, ending the month with 2.783 million total viewers, according to data released by Nielsen Media Research. It was Maddow's second month in a row as No. 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2017/08/29/rachel-maddow-ends-august-as-number-one-in-cable-news/#67275b6b6b63