Author Topic: Winners and Losers  (Read 18521 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Winners and Losers
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
My guess is Hannity continues to kick the crap out of Maddow. 

Hannity beats Maddow in first week of 9 p.m. showdown
Aided by big-name guests Bannon, O'Reilly and Limbaugh, the conservative wins the first battle of the cable firebrands.
By JASON SCHWARTZ
09/29/2017

In the first week of the head-to-head battle between Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, the conservative heavyweight drew significantly higher ratings than his liberal counterpart.

Fox News moved Hannity’s show from 10 p.m. to 9 p.m. as part of a broader shakeup of its prime-time line-up, designed in part to counter a dramatic ratings surge by rival MSNBC, led by Maddow, the biggest ratings winner of the Trump era.

Hannity pulled out all the stops, bringing in Steve Bannon, Bill O’Reilly, Paul Ryan and Rush Limbaugh to boost his numbers. It appears to have worked: The Fox News pundit pulled in an average of 3,498,000 viewers from Monday through Thursday, with 713,000 in the key adult 25-54 demographic, according to early Nielsen figures.

Maddow averaged 2,649,000 viewers, with 599,000 adults 25-54. CNN’s 9 p.m. hour — which usually features Anderson Cooper’s “AC360,” but this week had two special town halls — finished third, with 1,173,000 viewers and 416,000 in the key demographic.

Representatives from Fox News and MSNBC declined to comment.

Hannity’s big numbers allow Fox News to claim bragging rights and, for the moment, grab back the 9 p.m. crown from MSNBC.

On Tuesday, MSNBC announced that “The Rachel Maddow Show” had finished the third quarter as the top cable news program in total viewers (2.7 million) and adults 25-54 (606,000), according to Nielsen. It was the first time an MSNBC show has claimed that title for a quarter. The show’s Nielsen ratings had shot up 75 percent compared with the same period last year, leading MSNBC to its best ratings quarter ever.

Overall, though, for the 63rd straight quarter, Fox News was still the most watched cable news network, even with a schedule that has been in flux since the departures of Megyn Kelly in January and Bill O’Reilly in April, when he was forced out amid allegations of sexual harassment. Hannity’s move to 9 p.m. cleared the way for a new show for conservative commentator Laura Ingraham at 10 p.m., set to launch Oct. 30.

“The Five,” which had been occupying Fox News’ 9 p.m. slot since O’Reilly’s ouster, finished the third quarter behind Maddow, with 2.3 million viewers and 486,000 adults 25-54, according to Nielsen. It has since returned to its 5 p.m. time slot. CNN’s “AC360” was a distant third, with 1.2 million viewers and 403,000 in the key demographic.

In the third quarter, Hannity averaged 2.5 million viewers at 10 p.m. (533,000 adults 25-54), per Nielsen. The figure trailed Maddow, though the 10 p.m. hour typically has fewer viewers than 9 p.m. So, when Fox News announced that Hannity was moving back to 9, headlines buzzed about a showdown between him and his liberal foil.

Gemma Puglisi, a professor at American University’s School of Communication, said that once a ratings pattern is established, there will be value in the bragging rights. Whoever comes out No. 1 will benefit from added buzz and have an easier time attracting new viewers, predicted Puglisi, who worked many years, partly as a producer, at NBC News, and also had brief stints at both CNN and Fox News.

“I think this kind of battle is fueling people to watch,” she said. “Everybody likes winners.”

According to television analysts, however, it would be a mistake to overreact to Hannity’s good week. Moreover, they say, when it comes to advertising, the rivalry has only limited impact.

“I wouldn’t make a lot out of it,” Joseph Bonner, a senior analyst for communications and technology at Argus Research, said of the ratings. He emphasized that just one week isn’t enough to draw conclusions and noted that Hannity’s high profile guests likely helped goose his ratings. “Certainly bragging rights, but I don’t think MSNBC is going to be canceling Maddow or anything.”

More broadly, the ratings competition between Maddow and Hannity has little impact on advertising, according to Scott Robson, an analyst at research firm Kagan. While it’s fun for the networks to battle head to head, he said, the audiences for Hannity and Maddow are so different that the two shows aren’t directly competing for advertisers.

Just 21 percent of Fox News or MSNBC viewers ever tune into the rival network, according to Kagan’s numbers. “It’s normally a lot higher if you look at any other networks,” Robson said. “There’s not that big of an audience duplication there.”

He added that only five advertisers run commercials on both shows: AARP, AT&T, CenturyLink, Gain detergent and National Car Rental. Both Hannity and Maddow feature their fair share of pharmaceutical and insurance spots, but Robson said advertisers are almost certainly using internal data to cater to each show’s viewer base. Shifts in ratings, he said, were unlikely to cause a drug company to shift its ad for a particular drug from Hannity to Maddow or vice-versa.

Robson added that Hannity was likely aided this week by strong conservative interest in the Republican Senate special election runoff in Alabama. “There’s still many more shows to go and I’m sure that as the news shifts and guests change, we could see the dynamics go back and forth,” he said.

According to Brian Wieser, a senior analyst at Pivotal Research, if anyone should be worried, it’s CNN. Given the general growth in the cable news audience, he said, “CNN is significantly underperforming, Fox News is performing roughly in line, and MSNBC is growing dramatically.”

Despite finishing in third, a CNN insider pointed to 23 percent overall growth — and 32 percent in adults 25-54 — in the 9 p.m. hour from a year ago and the substance of the network’s programming, including a town hall this week on NFL player protests.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/29/sean-hannity-rachel-maddow-ratings-243307

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
Hillary Clinton, still the biggest loser.

McCain blasts Clinton's post-election memoir: 'You've got to move on'
Fox News

Arizona Sen. John McCain has blasted Hillary Clinton's post-election loss book in an interview with Esquire magazine published Monday.
rizona Sen. John McCain has blasted Hillary Clinton's post-election loss book in an interview with Esquire magazine published Monday.

Sen. John McCain is blasting Hillary Clinton for penning a memoir so soon after her stunning defeat in the 2016 presidential election while also noting that her problem is “she doesn’t have anything to do.”

“What's the f------ point? Keep the fight up?” McCain, R-Ariz., says in suggesting in an interview with Esquire published Monday that Clinton erred in writing “What Happened” when she did and then going on a media blitz to promote it.

“History will judge that campaign, and it’s always a period of time before they do," the senator told writer David Usborne. "You’ve got to move on. This is Hillary’s problem right now: She doesn’t have anything to do.”

McCain, 81, who is being treated for brain cancer, told the magazine that he resisted the temptation to immediately set the record straight about his 2008 loss to Barrack Obama.

“You’ve got to understand that you can’t rewrite history,” he said. “One of the almost irresistible impulses you have when you lose is to somehow justify why you lost and how you were mistreated: ‘I did the right thing! I did!’ The hardest thing to do is to just shut up.”

Clinton published her tell-all in September.

In it, she holds herself partly responsible for her upset loss to Donald Trump.

"I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made,” she wrote. “I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want -- but I was the candidate. It was my campaign. Those were my decisions.”

But she also casts blame on her Democratic rival Bernie Sanders for his attacks on her during the primary, former FBI Director James Comey for his handling of the investigation into her private emails and Russian President Vladimir Putin for the hacking of her campaign manager’s emails.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/27/mccain-blasts-clintons-post-election-memoir-youve-got-to-move-on.html

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »
"This is Hillary's problem right now: She doesn't have anything to do.

Plenty of alcohol is around, just waiting to be conquered.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
She becomes a bigger loser by the month:

Clinton again blames 'misogyny and sexism' for 'what happened' in 2016
By Brooke Singman   | Fox News

Hillary Clinton on Monday returned to blaming “misogyny” and “sexism” for contributing to her 2016 election loss, during a Washington appearance that followed a critical report on how she handled sexual harassment allegations during her 2008 campaign.

Clinton presented the “Human Rights Awards” Monday at Georgetown University, where she sits as honorary founding chair of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security.

Clinton spoke about the importance of female leadership in advancing human rights, justice and peace, and went on to discuss the 2016 election during a panel segment.

“Any of you who’ve read my book about 'what happened' know that I think misogyny and sexism was part of that campaign—it was one of the contributing factors,” Clinton said. “Some of it was old-fashioned sexism and the refusal to accept the equality of women, and certainly the equality of women’s leadership.”

Clinton told the audience that the way forward for women’s equality was “through the ballot box.”

“Certainly, voting remains the principal way that every individual can express an opinion,” Clinton said. “And anyone who chooses not to vote, basically leaves that opinion to others and perhaps don’t hold your values.”

Clinton faces mounting criticism for not firing Burns Strider, a top aide to Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign who was accused of sexual misconduct by a young woman on the staff; reaction and analysis from Hugo Gurdon, editorial director at The Washington Examiner.
Video
Hillary Clinton attempts to explain why she didn't fire aide

In her memoir, “What Happened,” which was first released in September, Clinton faulted a range of factors for her loss–like voter ID laws, “Those Damn Emails,” the “unprecedented intervention in our election” by former FBI director James Comey, and the “audacious warfare waged from the Kremlin.”

Clinton also criticized women who did not vote but supported the Women’s March on Jan. 21, 2017. In her book, she called that day “bittersweet.”

Clinton, though, has come under fire in recent days over a New York Times report that during her 2008 presidential run, she helped protect her faith adviser, Burns Strider, after claims he sexually harassed a female campaign staffer.

HILLARY CLINTON, MOMENTS BEFORE STATE OF THE UNION, EXPLAINS WHY SHE DIDN'T FIRE CAMPAIGN ADVISER

Burns Strider HRC
Clinton '08 faith adviser, Burns Strider, allegedly harassed a Clinton campaign staffer.  (Burns Strider Twitter)
Clinton’s then-campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle recommended Strider be fired, but Clinton ignored the advice. Strider instead was ordered to receive counseling and lost several weeks of pay. The young woman was shifted to a new role.

HILLARY CLINTON SLAMMED FOR NO-APOLOGY RESPONSE TO HARASSMENT STORY

Clinton’s initial response to the story -- in which she said she was heartened that the female aide was "heard" but did not apologize -- was widely criticized.

But on the night of President Trump’s first official State of the Union, just minutes before he began his address, Clinton posted a lengthy response to the alleged sexual misconduct on her Facebook page.

“The short answer is this: If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t,” she wrote, noting that she believes in “second chances” and didn’t want to completely terminate his employment.

In a political shot at Trump for not discussing sexual harassment during his State of the Union speech, Clinton teased her Facebook post again. 

“I wrote a Facebook post about a decision I made 10 years ago, what’s changed, & on an issue you didn’t hear a single word about tonight. Take a look,” Clinton tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/05/clinton-again-blames-misogyny-and-sexism-for-what-happened-in-2016.html

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
She becomes a bigger loser by the month:

Clinton again blames 'misogyny and sexism' for 'what happened' in 2016
By Brooke Singman   | Fox News

Hillary Clinton on Monday returned to blaming “misogyny” and “sexism” for contributing to her 2016 election loss, during a Washington appearance that followed a critical report on how she handled sexual harassment allegations during her 2008 campaign.

Clinton presented the “Human Rights Awards” Monday at Georgetown University, where she sits as honorary founding chair of the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security.

Clinton spoke about the importance of female leadership in advancing human rights, justice and peace, and went on to discuss the 2016 election during a panel segment.

“Any of you who’ve read my book about 'what happened' know that I think misogyny and sexism was part of that campaign—it was one of the contributing factors,” Clinton said. “Some of it was old-fashioned sexism and the refusal to accept the equality of women, and certainly the equality of women’s leadership.”

Clinton told the audience that the way forward for women’s equality was “through the ballot box.”

“Certainly, voting remains the principal way that every individual can express an opinion,” Clinton said. “And anyone who chooses not to vote, basically leaves that opinion to others and perhaps don’t hold your values.”

Clinton faces mounting criticism for not firing Burns Strider, a top aide to Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign who was accused of sexual misconduct by a young woman on the staff; reaction and analysis from Hugo Gurdon, editorial director at The Washington Examiner.
Video
Hillary Clinton attempts to explain why she didn't fire aide

In her memoir, “What Happened,” which was first released in September, Clinton faulted a range of factors for her loss–like voter ID laws, “Those Damn Emails,” the “unprecedented intervention in our election” by former FBI director James Comey, and the “audacious warfare waged from the Kremlin.”

Clinton also criticized women who did not vote but supported the Women’s March on Jan. 21, 2017. In her book, she called that day “bittersweet.”

Clinton, though, has come under fire in recent days over a New York Times report that during her 2008 presidential run, she helped protect her faith adviser, Burns Strider, after claims he sexually harassed a female campaign staffer.

HILLARY CLINTON, MOMENTS BEFORE STATE OF THE UNION, EXPLAINS WHY SHE DIDN'T FIRE CAMPAIGN ADVISER

Burns Strider HRC
Clinton '08 faith adviser, Burns Strider, allegedly harassed a Clinton campaign staffer.  (Burns Strider Twitter)
Clinton’s then-campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle recommended Strider be fired, but Clinton ignored the advice. Strider instead was ordered to receive counseling and lost several weeks of pay. The young woman was shifted to a new role.

HILLARY CLINTON SLAMMED FOR NO-APOLOGY RESPONSE TO HARASSMENT STORY

Clinton’s initial response to the story -- in which she said she was heartened that the female aide was "heard" but did not apologize -- was widely criticized.

But on the night of President Trump’s first official State of the Union, just minutes before he began his address, Clinton posted a lengthy response to the alleged sexual misconduct on her Facebook page.

“The short answer is this: If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t,” she wrote, noting that she believes in “second chances” and didn’t want to completely terminate his employment.

In a political shot at Trump for not discussing sexual harassment during his State of the Union speech, Clinton teased her Facebook post again. 

“I wrote a Facebook post about a decision I made 10 years ago, what’s changed, & on an issue you didn’t hear a single word about tonight. Take a look,” Clinton tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/05/clinton-again-blames-misogyny-and-sexism-for-what-happened-in-2016.html

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

lol  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
Over a year later and she is an even bigger loser.

Hillary Unloads On Middle America, Says ‘Backwards’ Trump Voters Hate Black People And Women
Hillary Clinton recently insulted Americans living in the middle of the country who voted for Donald Trump at an event in India, saying they were 'backward.'
MARCH 12, 2018
By The Federalist Staff

Hillary Clinton insulted Americans living in the middle of the country who voted for Donald Trump at an event in India on Monday, saying they were “backward.”

“If you look at the map of the United States, there’s all that red in the middle where Trump won,” Clinton said.

“I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward,” she said. “And his whole campaign, ‘Make America Great Again,’ was looking backwards.”

RNC Research

@RNCResearch
Bitter Hillary Clinton trashes America’s Heartland, calls states that didn’t vote for her “backwards”

10:40 AM - Mar 12, 2018
8,374 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
“‘You know you didn’t like black people getting rights,” Clinton said. “You don’t like women getting jobs. You don’t like seeing that Indian American succeeding more than you.”

And then, pretending to be Donald Trump, “Whatever your problem is, I’m going to solve it.”

This isn’t the first time she’s insulted Trump supporters, in 2016, she called her opponents supporters “deplorables,” a comment that has dogged her since.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/12/hillary-unloads-backwards-trump-voters-hate-black-people-and-women/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 10:19:12 AM »
Over a year later and she is an even bigger loser.

Hillary Unloads On Middle America, Says ‘Backwards’ Trump Voters Hate Black People And Women
Hillary Clinton recently insulted Americans living in the middle of the country who voted for Donald Trump at an event in India, saying they were 'backward.'
MARCH 12, 2018
By The Federalist Staff

Hillary Clinton insulted Americans living in the middle of the country who voted for Donald Trump at an event in India on Monday, saying they were “backward.”

“If you look at the map of the United States, there’s all that red in the middle where Trump won,” Clinton said.

“I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward,” she said. “And his whole campaign, ‘Make America Great Again,’ was looking backwards.”

RNC Research

@RNCResearch
Bitter Hillary Clinton trashes America’s Heartland, calls states that didn’t vote for her “backwards”

10:40 AM - Mar 12, 2018
8,374 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
“‘You know you didn’t like black people getting rights,” Clinton said. “You don’t like women getting jobs. You don’t like seeing that Indian American succeeding more than you.”

And then, pretending to be Donald Trump, “Whatever your problem is, I’m going to solve it.”

This isn’t the first time she’s insulted Trump supporters, in 2016, she called her opponents supporters “deplorables,” a comment that has dogged her since.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/12/hillary-unloads-backwards-trump-voters-hate-black-people-and-women/

Just incredible.

What a massive bullet we missed that that evil witch. Thank God.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 10:34:41 AM »
Just incredible.

What a massive bullet we missed that that evil witch. Thank God.

Right?  Completely agree. 

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
Winners = Patriots with vision and see the future of shitskins as no future
K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
She has surpassed Al Gore as the biggest loser in modern day politics. 

Cal Thomas: Hillary Clinton and the bitterness tour
Cal Thomas By Cal Thomas   | Fox News

Democratic presidential nominee says declaring herself a capitalist during 2016 primaries 'probably' hurt her with voters; reaction and analysis on 'The Five.'

When you hear “world tour” you usually think of superstars performing concerts in various cities for adoring fans. Not so with the presidentially deprived, entitlement-driven Hillary Clinton.

Last week, Hillary Clinton came to Melbourne, Australia’s second largest city, and to Sydney, its largest, with a huge chip on her shoulder. The chip has been there since the 2016 election and seems to be growing larger with every appearance.

As with almost everything else the Clintons do, it cost to hear her bitterness. Those who went to hear Clinton speak, more than 5,000 people, paid between $200 and $500 Australian dollars (about $15 to $380 US). What they heard was criticism of President Trump and his foreign and domestic policies. Not that long ago, Americans made an effort to stop “partisan politics at the water’s edge,” but no more. Especially with some Democratic politicians who seem to believe that government belongs to them and when Republicans win an election it was somehow stolen from its rightful owners.

Interviewed by former liberal Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Hillary Clinton eventually got to what she believes is the real reason she lost to Donald Trump. It was misogynistic men and women who voted the way their husbands told them to that prevented her from making history, or if you prefer, herstory.

Hillary Clinton was at it even before the event began by tweeting that President Trump’s withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal was a “big mistake” that actually makes the U.S. less safe. As if America would be safer by trusting the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world to live up to an agreement when Iran’s religious and political leaders regularly speak of their commitment to destroy us (and Israel, too).

In his account of her appearance, Chip Le Grand of The Australian newspaper writes that while Hillary Clinton was “at times disarmingly honest (that seemed to be a first), warm, funny and optimistic,” she also appeared “self-serving and sad.”

What do new contributors to the Clinton Foundation hope to get in return for their donations? More bitterness, perhaps? Very sad.

Like a boxer who doesn’t know when to leave the ring, Hillary Clinton is a two-time political loser who hasn’t gotten the message that she is unlikeable and unelectable. She would do herself and the country (not to mention the Democratic Party) a favor by retiring and leaving the scene of her political accident.

There is still money to be made, however, and to the Clintons money is their catnip.

The Wall Street Journal reported last Friday: “…it’s Clinton fundraising season. This has been true of every season of every year since the late 1970s. But this is a particularly important moment because of a major event that is now less than two weeks away. Last month Axios reported: ‘Longtime Clinton supporters last week received an invitation offering access to the family (the green invitation features photos of Bill, Hillary and Chelsea) at a Clinton Foundation benefit on May 24 in New York, at prices ranging from $2,500 (”Friend”) for cocktail party and dinner, up to $100,000 (”Chair”) for “Leadership Reception for two, a premium table of ten, program recognition as Gala Chair and invitations to the Clinton Foundation Annual Briefing.’”

The now defunct Clinton Global Initiative (which not surprisingly stopped receiving large donations after Hillary Clinton’s defeat) spent a lot of donor money on a large staff, travel and “miscellaneous” expenses. What do new contributors to the Clinton Foundation hope to get in return for their donations? More bitterness, perhaps?

Very sad.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/05/15/cal-thomas-hillary-clinton-and-bitterness-tour.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »
Still a loser.

Hillary Clinton: You Can Run The Best Campaign And "Have The Election Stolen From You"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 6, 2019

Hillary Clinton said the 2016 presidential election was "stolen" from her at an 'Evening with the Clintons' tour event with her husband former President Bill Clinton on Saturday. Clinton shared she has been telling 2020 candidates who have sought her guidance that you may run the best campaign and you even be the party's nominee, but you can still "have the election stolen from you."

"I think it's also critical to understand that, as I've been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," Clinton said Saturday in Los Angeles.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/06/hillary_clinton_you_can_run_the_best_campaign_and_have_the_election_stolen_from_you.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
Still a loser.

Hillary Clinton: You Can Run The Best Campaign And "Have The Election Stolen From You"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 6, 2019

Hillary Clinton said the 2016 presidential election was "stolen" from her at an 'Evening with the Clintons' tour event with her husband former President Bill Clinton on Saturday. Clinton shared she has been telling 2020 candidates who have sought her guidance that you may run the best campaign and you even be the party's nominee, but you can still "have the election stolen from you."

"I think it's also critical to understand that, as I've been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," Clinton said Saturday in Los Angeles.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/06/hillary_clinton_you_can_run_the_best_campaign_and_have_the_election_stolen_from_you.html

What a sore loser. Still arrogant, out of touch with reality and incapable of realizing how many people found her abhorrent.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 01:45:20 PM »
What a sore loser. Still arrogant, out of touch with reality and incapable of realizing how many people found her abhorrent.

That picture is accurate.  lol

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2019, 02:03:29 PM »
She has to be lots of fun at home.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
Hillary Rodham Clinton: Trump is a "corrupt human tornado"
Last Updated Sep 26, 2019

Former Secretary of State and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton calls President Trump a "threat" to the country's standing in the world and a "corrupt human tornado," in an interview with Jane Pauley for "CBS Sunday Morning" to be broadcast September 29.

In a wide-ranging interview with Clinton and her daughter, Chelsea, about their new book, Clinton weighs in on talk of impeaching President Trump; the potential of the president's reelection; her loss in the 2016 election; and her life today.

Speaking to Pauley earlier this week, just hours before House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced her call for an impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump, Clinton also suggested there should be an inquiry into the president's actions.

"My view is that, given the latest revelation, which is such a blatant effort to use his presidential position to advance his personal and political interests, there should be an impeachment inquiry opened," Clinton said. "And I think, sadly, there are a number of grounds. But this one is incredibly troubling.

"The most outrageously false things were said about me. And unfortunately, enough people believed them. So, this is an effort to sow these falsehoods against [Vice President Joe] Biden. And I don't care if you're for the [Democrats] or you're a Republican, when the president of the United States, who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, uses his position to in effect extort a foreign government for his political purposes. I think that is very much what the founders worried about in 'high crimes and misdemeanors.'"

Will it be harder for a woman to be elected president now? Pauley asked Clinton.

"Well, I hope not, and I don't think so — because the objective is to field whoever is the strongest candidate to defeat Donald Trump," Clinton replied. "Because Donald Trump right now poses a direct threat, a clear and present danger to the institutions of our government, to the rule of law, to our standing in the world."

Clinton also tells Pauley she doesn't believe that Trump will be re-elected for a second term.

"Look, there were many funny things that happened in my election that will not happen again," she said. "And I'm hoping that both the public and press understand the way Trump plays the game."

Asked whether she gets angry that none of the current candidates for president mentions her name on the campaign trail, and that President Trump continues to say she should be "locked up," Clinton says no.

"No, it doesn't kill me because he knows he's an illegitimate president. I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used – from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did," she said.

"You know, Jane, it was like applying for a job and getting 66 million letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado," Clinton added. "And so, I know that he knows that this wasn't on the level. I don't know that we'll ever know what happened."

Chelsea Clinton and Hillary Rodham Clinton have co-authored "The Book of Gutsy Women," one of whose subjects is tennis great Billie Jean King, whose tennis racquet they show to "Sunday Morning' host Jane Pauley.   CBS NEWS
Clinton and her daughter have written a new book called "The Book of Gutsy Women," which highlights the lives of women in history who have made a difference, ranging from swimmer Diana Nyad to Harriet Tubman. (It was published by Simon & Schuster, a division of CBS.)

Clinton and her daughter talk with Pauley about the book and the women they chose to highlight, as well as the former presidential candidate's life today.

"I answer that question by saying, personally, I'm doing well, and having my grandchildren and especially my new two-month-old grandson has been just a gift beyond measure," Clinton said. "Personally, I feel blessed. I feel good.

"But I can't deny that a big part of me cares deeply about what's happening in the country, and what I fear is the damage that's being done: The damage being done to our future, the damage being done to our values, our institutions. So, I think about it a lot, and try to think of ways that I can help those who are on the front lines of the fight."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-rodham-clinton-trump-is-a-corrupt-human-tornado/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2019, 05:01:29 PM »
Hillary Clinton slams 'witch hunt' launched under Trump of old State Department emails
By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Hillary Clinton accused the Trump administration Tuesday of making her the target of a “witch hunt” by ramping up a probe into emails sent during her stint as secretary of state.

Mrs. Clinton, President Trump’s former political rival, used the phrase — an idiom uttered ad nauseam by Mr. Trump to describe investigations into his own administration — in response to being asked about recent news reporting indicating the State Department has intensified an investigation into emails she sent and received while leading the agency.

“It’s a witch hunt. And it’s a real one, unlike the kind of things that Trump talks about,” Mrs. Clinton told NowThis media outlet.

. . .

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/2/hillary-clinton-slams-witch-hunt-launched-under-tr/

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2019, 03:53:59 AM »
It's definitely a witch hunt and she's the witch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
Losers:

13 American patriots in Afghanistan.

Service dogs left behind. 

Afghan allies left behind. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2021, 04:07:03 PM »
Losers:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2021, 05:14:52 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2021, 12:40:04 AM »
 :-[

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2021, 12:46:05 AM »
Losers:

Exchange BoB Straw/Lurker,Howard & funk41 for those dogs !.

Only the motha fuck.... would left dogs behind  >:(.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2021, 04:01:13 PM »
hahahahaha  Service dogs huh?  Left behind you say?  Naw, just another lie that you morons actually fell for. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=did+american+leave+service+dogs+behind+in+afghan

Cue in the whining and excuse making now. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2021, 04:08:28 PM »
hahahahaha  Service dogs huh?  Left behind you say?  Naw, just another lie that you morons actually fell for. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=did+american+leave+service+dogs+behind+in+afghan

Cue in the whining and excuse making now.

Did you read any of the articles in the link you posted?  They were service dogs.  They belonged to contractors, not the military, but they worked with the military.  And they were left at the airport. 

And why do you think this is funny?