Author Topic: Does anyone remember Achim Albrecht from the 1990's?  (Read 6610 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Does anyone remember Achim Albrecht from the 1990's?
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »
Big German dude who used to train with Nasser. He was 5'11" and weighed between 250-300 pounds. Massive and shredded guy, but he was not aesthetic or symmetrical and he had underdeveloped arms and a subpar chest (imo). He later went on to work for Vince McMahon in the WWF for a very brief period of time.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Does anyone remember Achim Albrecht from the 1990's?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=585473.0

Do you ever leave this site? You literally took the time to look through the archives and post the link all within 2 minutes after I created this thread. Step away from getbig for a bit. It ain't healthy man. Seriously.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
Someone really named their son Nimrod King?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
Big German dude who used to train with Nasser. He was 5'11" and weighed between 250-300 pounds. Massive and shredded guy, but he was not aesthetic or symmetrical and he had underdeveloped arms and a subpar chest (imo). He later went on to work for Vince McMahon in the WWF for a very brief period of time.

The Achim Albrecht-thread.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=607416.0
Q

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
He's Bostin Loyd's prep coach now.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »

Really?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »

LMCO

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 02:11:41 AM »
when i trained the last time at a vacation in Norway, i can tell you that Geir Borgan Paulsen (Gym Trainer, Haralds Gym) still remember Achim cause Achim won the ifbb-World championship in Malaysia against Geir Borgan (coming in 2nd). Talked about this Competition  with Geir Borgan.
First time i saw Achim Albrecht competing where at a national qualifier in Germany, where he placed 2nd in the Heavyweight Category (behind Michael Brügger, RIP).
But that was in the 80´s.
Because Achim was born near Münster in Germany, they called him "the Münster Monster".

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 04:16:15 AM »
when i trained the last time at a vacation in Norway, i can tell you that Geir Borgan Paulsen (Gym Trainer, Haralds Gym) still remember Achim cause Achim won the ifbb-World championship in Malaysia against Geir Borgan (coming in 2nd). Talked about this Competition  with Geir Borgan.
First time i saw Achim Albrecht competing where at a national qualifier in Germany, where he placed 2nd in the Heavyweight Category (behind Michael Brügger, RIP).
But that was in the 80´s.
Because Achim was born near Münster in Germany, they called him "the Münster Monster".

May be wrong but think I remember reading paulsen was 50 here?, looks absolutely amazing regardless of age

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 05:55:37 AM »
last time i trained at Haralds Gym (Street Hausmansgata in the Center of Oslo) he was in his mid to late 50´s and still Training hard like ever. Before he competed in Bodybuilding, he was a weightlifter, and in the norwegian olympic Team.
Next door to haralds Gym was a supplement-shop, owner former IFBB-Pro Tommy Thorvildsen.

Achim Albrecht still works in the US as a Coach for Bodybuilders, etc. (saw some days ago a act. photo together with his daughter).

After his 4th place finishing at the Arnolds Classic in Ohio, he came over to Cologne/Germany for a Seminar + Guestposing. I remember that he said, that it is really crazy and also harmfull to live a Pro-Bodybuilders life. If he would ask he would say, that he never ever do this thing again (the crowd was a bit surprised). He only did it because he was good in it, winning national title, moving up winning World title, get pro Card, compete Mr. Olympia, all the things he dreamed of when he was a Young man. But before he could not know how hard and harmfull this way is. And 1-2 years after he quit with pro-Bodybuilding.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 06:04:21 AM »
one of the legit most hilarious things I ever read (and I tend to believe this actually) was that he couldn't handle the WWF because it didn't allow him to stick to his diet and get his meals in

....take a second and think about how fucking queer that sounds

seriously---just think about that

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 06:35:43 AM »
May be wrong but think I remember reading paulsen was 50 here?, looks absolutely amazing regardless of age

a LOT better than Levrone  :o

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
a LOT better than Levrone  :o

Agreed. However, had Levrone never quit lifting serious weights after 2003, he'd look much better today.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 10:37:10 AM »
Really?

Yes.  Check out Dave's interview with Bostin as well as his IG.  He refers to Achim as his "mentor," citing some Achim's advice has turned his physique around.  Judging by the way Bostin looks lately, I'd say its working.

He posted this photo of his quad that hasn't seen a weight in 4 weeks due to a bad shot -- just eating well + drugs -- and if true, I'm very impressed.

Update > IG photo:

Link:  http://www.pictaram.com/media/1380143294771715940_222447405

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »
Yes.  Check out Dave's interview with Bostin as well as his IG.  He refers to Achim as his "mentor," citing some Achim's advice has turned his physique around.  Judging by the way Bostin looks lately, I'd say its working.

He posted this photo of his quad that hasn't seen a weight in 4 weeks due to a bad shot -- just eating well + drugs -- and if true, I'm very impressed.

Update > IG photo:

Link:  http://www.pictaram.com/media/1380143294771715940_222447405
fucking idiot wont be happy until hes lost a limb

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »

Anyone else remember that Julian Schmidt Flex interview with Paulssen when he first came on the scene, insisting that he drank 'lots of beer!' Instead of protein shakes to aid recovery or something like that?  A bit like the famous 'milk is for babies' quote...
T

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »
I wouldn't say his pecs were that bad.  For a broad-shouldered fella, they were actually pretty thick (no homo :D).

OTOH, his arms did suck.  He reminds me of that something-something Freeman guy that Muscletech promoted like crazy; both were big, strong guys (Freeman -- was it Jeremy? -- actually did okay in a "win the partial reps with 225 at the Olympia"* shindig), but neither had much in the way of guns, lacking especially in the triceps. 

*Didn't Phil Heath "win" that so-called contest?  I remember it was the same sideshow at which Nasser plopped down, did a fairly strict 15 pretty easily, racked the weight and then said something to the effect that he "wasn't used to lifting such light weight for reps."  Apparently, he claimed, working sets with "600 lbs." diminished his ability to rep out with what should've been like the empty bar to him :roll: 

Nasser was such a bullshitter.  I've done waaaaay more strict reps with 225 than he did that day, and I've certainly never touched a 600 lb. bench :lol:  (POF:  I've never even done 405.  Never tried it, either, but I've never gone heavier than 370.  Even then, I was moderately gassed, short and FAT.)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2024, 01:49:32 AM »
We all remember Achim

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2024, 12:49:03 AM »
Thought he would win the O when he first broke in. Pro wrestling sidetracked him.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2024, 02:29:08 AM »
Thought he would win the O when he first broke in. Pro wrestling sidetracked him.

Sidetracked??

What fucking planet are you from?

He turned to pro wrestling after his bodybuilding placings were going down the drain.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 12:20:39 AM »
Sidetracked??

What fucking planet are you from?

He turned to pro wrestling after his bodybuilding placings were going down the drain.
Royal Retard asking me what planet I'm from. Priceless.