Author Topic: Racism - Black people cannot be racist  (Read 5059 times)

Simple Simon

Racism - Black people cannot be racist
« on: November 12, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »
https://star.txstate.edu/2016/02/15/black-people-cannot-be-racist-and-heres-why/

Minorities cannot be racist. I’ll say it louder for the people in the back who did not hear me—minorities cannot be racist.

Racism is the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. That definition was not found on Tumblr or Buzzfeed, but good ole Merriam-Webster.

The system of racism begins with a race designating itself as superior to another. To carry out acts of racism, a race must have power and privilege. There has never been a time in American history when a race other than white has had power and privilege over another—especially in the case of African-Americans.

Now this is not to say that minorities cannot be prejudiced or practice discriminatory behaviors because they definitely can and have done so. Bigotry, the stubborn intolerance of any race, creed, belief or opinion different from one’s own, can be practiced by any race. As a part of a community that has experienced tremendous amounts of bigotry and racism to this day, it is important that we as African-Americans direct our anger and hurt at the institution of racism and not people.

People are not born with prejudice or racism. Harmful and hateful ideologies such as, “All black people lie, steal and kill,” have to be taught. I know it hurts when you see yet another act of police brutality against someone who looks like you.

I know how it feels to realize that our race makes up 38 percent of arrests for violent crimes even though we are only 12 percent of the population.

I know exactly how it feels to be pulled over just because you are black. African-Americans made up 42 percent of stops on the New Jersey turnpike, yet others claim we are being whiny when we bring up past and current discrimination.

I know how it feels to proclaim that “black lives matter” and have someone have the audacity to claim that “all lives matter,” as though I was implying they did not. I know it seems like we are at the bottom of the barrel or that we are no more important than the gum on a shoe, but that is not the case.

We are important. There are those out there raised on racist ideologies and beliefs that will try to put us down and tell us that our issues and our voices are not important. And they are 50 shades of wrong.

We must remember when faced with adversity that institutional racism is very much alive, but that does not mean that it cannot be overcome. We must remember not to let hate seep into our souls and corrupt us. We must be strong, and we must love.

How would it look for us to take on the characteristics—the hate—of our oppressors? Although we may not have the power or privilege to be racist, we do have the power to stand up for what is right.

Now it’s time to put that left fist up and get in formation.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: black people cant be racist
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »
https://star.txstate.edu/2016/02/15/black-people-cannot-be-racist-and-heres-why/

Minorities cannot be racist. I’ll say it louder for the people in the back who did not hear me—minorities cannot be racist.

Racism is the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. That definition was not found on Tumblr or Buzzfeed, but good ole Merriam-Webster.

The system of racism begins with a race designating itself as superior to another. To carry out acts of racism, a race must have power and privilege. There has never been a time in American history when a race other than white has had power and privilege over another—especially in the case of African-Americans.

Now this is not to say that minorities cannot be prejudiced or practice discriminatory behaviors because they definitely can and have done so. Bigotry, the stubborn intolerance of any race, creed, belief or opinion different from one’s own, can be practiced by any race. As a part of a community that has experienced tremendous amounts of bigotry and racism to this day, it is important that we as African-Americans direct our anger and hurt at the institution of racism and not people.

People are not born with prejudice or racism. Harmful and hateful ideologies such as, “All black people lie, steal and kill,” have to be taught. I know it hurts when you see yet another act of police brutality against someone who looks like you.

I know how it feels to realize that our race makes up 38 percent of arrests for violent crimes even though we are only 12 percent of the population.

I know exactly how it feels to be pulled over just because you are black. African-Americans made up 42 percent of stops on the New Jersey turnpike, yet others claim we are being whiny when we bring up past and current discrimination.

I know how it feels to proclaim that “black lives matter” and have someone have the audacity to claim that “all lives matter,” as though I was implying they did not. I know it seems like we are at the bottom of the barrel or that we are no more important than the gum on a shoe, but that is not the case.

We are important. There are those out there raised on racist ideologies and beliefs that will try to put us down and tell us that our issues and our voices are not important. And they are 50 shades of wrong.

We must remember when faced with adversity that institutional racism is very much alive, but that does not mean that it cannot be overcome. We must remember not to let hate seep into our souls and corrupt us. We must be strong, and we must love.

How would it look for us to take on the characteristics—the hate—of our oppressors? Although we may not have the power or privilege to be racist, we do have the power to stand up for what is right.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
We had a Black, Muslim President for 8 years. He only made things worse in regards to race relations.

Smart people (of any color) can see right through the bullshit.

"Minorities"  ::)  Just an excuse to cry and hold your hands out for free money and benefits.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »
True, If you are walking down the street and a big steaming pile of shit shouts up at you that you are a stinking cu nt you wouldn't care in the slightest as after all its a steaming pile of shit telling you that, the same principle applies here

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Minorities also cannot be charged with crimes because they are victims of society.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »
Turning victim status into currency.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »
Most racist people I've met...would always talk about race this and that.....were black...if race is always on your mind...your the racist
real men= no rubbers

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 12:23:39 PM »
The term racist is laughable nowadays.  No one cares.  An over used term by blacks and liberal idiots.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
All I know is if I get a flat tire at 3AM on Martin Luther King blvd any where in the country I'm running for my life.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 01:32:29 PM »
Racism is the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Racism is defined by a belief in your first paragraph. You don't need to first establish some form of dominance or physical superiority. The Nazis never established world domination, does that mean they aren't racist?

Racism also doesn't have to imply something derogatory. The statement "black men are more susceptible to prostate cancer" is racism by your definition but most sane people wouldn't take that offensively.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »
Racism means disliking, hating or discriminating against someone else or a group based on their skin colour or race.

Any person or group of any race can be racist.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
Racism means disliking, hating or discriminating against someone else or a group based on their skin colour or race.

Any person or group of any race can be racist.

Also hating or discriminating because of a religion is racism, or what country they are from

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 02:28:17 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

Q

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Racism - Black people cannot be racist
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 11:13:55 PM »
Why is it that such poorly written and logically fallacious articles even see the light of day in our times? It is so internally inconsistent it is nearly physically painful to me.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:40 AM »
Darkies "absolving" themselves of racism  ::)
K

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 06:08:30 AM »

Wait....it's racist that blacks commit more violent crime?
Y

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 06:17:33 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 06:30:10 AM »

I saw that. The author seems to think it has something to do with profiling rather than the simple fact that the crimes are being committed by black folks at a higher rate than their oppressors.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 02:13:37 AM »

Have you not noticed this? That is EXACTLY what racism is these days.

The thinking goes like this:

"I am in a negative position compared to the majority. So the ones in a better position oppresses me. Because my own actions are never wrong, it's someone else who is at fault. My oppressors.

And the reason why my negative postion seems to be shared in a certain ethnic (or economical/social) group must be because the oppressors are RACIST because we cannot be collectively worse than another group, impossible scenario"

If you turn it around you see it clearly for what it is. Victimization as means to further yourself.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 03:09:53 AM »
It's amazing how the media is so bias and accepting of racism towards whites nowadays.
Every time something like this happens just flip the races to see the absurdity...

Like that old white Trump supporter being beaten up by those young black guys with the black women yelling "beat him he voted Trump!" hardly a word from the mainstream media...

Jut imagine if it was a bunch of white guys beating a old black man with a white women yelling "beat him!"

FFS you'd see it non stop all over the news 24/7.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
 :D

a

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:22 PM »

There has never been a time in American history when a race other than white has had power and privilege over another—especially in the case of African-Americans.

They have all this "afirmative action" system elaborated to compensate their supposed social infirmity.

Whites should always explain why the ethnical composition of their company does not exacty reflect the ethnical composition of the entire society.

Blacks can ethnically protect their creations, their arts from non-black people (especially whites).

This is the same thing in Europe and Israel, where minorities (always blacks, arabs, latinos, muslims) are not forced to follow the same moral standards of the majoriy, in compensation of the terrible feeling of being a poor helpless group.
That's why they can shit on whites, burn national flags, reproach to whites of being too present in one domain but cry when a white want to enter the rap game etc...