Author Topic: When the USA was respected ( end of WWII)  (Read 898 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When the USA was respected ( end of WWII)
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »
One of the best tales about the world wide respect of the USA, happened in the spring of 1945.
A unit of German infantry was out of ammo and defeat was imminent.
Rather then risk being captured by the Russians, they crossed a river with a strong current.

They wanted to surrender to the US forces  and risked a dangerous river crossing to do so.
When asked, they were adamant about the reason.
They knew the US military would NOT torture or abuse them as they feared the Russian's would.

Think about that and let it sink in.
Even a bunch of German Nazi's had that level of respect for the moral conduct of the USA.

Doing the right thing is a lot tougher then acting out of hate or revenge.

Make no mistake, I'm thrilled we dropped the 1st 2 A-bombs on Japan and escalated the end of WWII.
I'm no pacifist or tree hugging liberal. I want terrorist killed without hesitation and am very offended if some idiot burns our flag.

As JFK challenged us with the space race in 1961 ; " We do these this and the other things. NOT because they are easy, but, because they are hard."

Now, that this election is concluded , BOTH sides need to do the right thing as Americans.
The losers need to suck it up and accept the legitimacy of our new President.
The winners need to be gracious and treat all their fellow citizens with dignity.
I hope you join me in a more civil and respectful dialogue here at getbig poltics forum.

Thanks and God Bless.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: When the USA was respected ( end of WWII)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
Tales indeed! Perhaps the Nazis thought that because of the allies fire bombing their cities (and Americans fire bombed Japanese cities even more) they'd be better off being captured by Americans?. When Americans were in their section of Berlin, American troops would march down a wide avenue, that was lined by bushes. German children would, from the cover of the bushes, throw rocks at the Americans. A senior officer said, "This will cease!" The next day he stationed jeeps with machine guns mounted on them. After the Americans marched by, and were rained upon with the usual rock throwing, the machine guns opened fire, strafing the bushes along the street, from one end to the other. The jeeps drove away, leaving the the dead and wounded children, for their parents to find, and deal with.

It's important to put the losers in their place by any means possible.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
Tales indeed! Perhaps the Nazis thought that because of the allies fire bombing their cities (and Americans fire bombed Japanese cities even more) they'd be better off being captured by Americans?. When Americans were in their section of Berlin, American troops would march down a wide avenue, that was lined by bushes. German children would, from the cover of the bushes, throw rocks at the Americans. A senior officer said, "This will cease!" The next day he stationed jeeps with machine guns mounted on them. After the Americans marched by, and were rained upon with the usual rock throwing, the machine guns opened fire, strafing the bushes along the street, from one end to the other. The jeeps drove away, leaving the the dead and wounded children, for their parents to find, and deal with.

It's important to put the losers in their place by any means possible.

Wow. :-\

God bless and may you find some inner peace.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »
Wow. :-\

God bless and may you find some inner peace.

Fuck god up his fat ass. Inner peace is mine. You're the one who seems to not be able to be comfortable dealing with reality.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
And now the fuckers have already forgotten how they shitted their pants as soon as Russians got the machine rolling and want to try another march to Moscow. Fucking nazi scum not even man enough to face their end in hands of those whose children and women they used to kill.

Oh well, there is so much European, Turkish and Asian blood in Russian soil from the past 1000 years that you could fill up an ocean with it.

Keep it coming.

Russian invasion of Manchuria, China

Russia defeats Ottoman Empire

The Russian army enters Paris, 1814

Flag of USSR raises over Reichstag in Berlin, 1945

Russian forces arrive in Georgia, 2008

Crimea rejoins Russia, 2014

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
And now the fuckers have already forgotten how they shitted their pants as soon as Russians got the machine rolling and want to try another march to Moscow. Fucking nazi scum not even man enough to face their end in hands of those whose children and women they used to kill.

Oh well, there is so much European, Turkish and Asian blood in Russian soil from the past 1000 years that you could fill up an ocean with it.

Keep it coming.

The Russian army enters Paris, 1814

Flag of USSR raises over Reichstag in Berlin, 1945

I'd love to read about Russian history/military history.

I think I may do that during thanksgiving/christmas bullshit
a