Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 65874 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »

Yup; was shitted on by DNC in Podesta Wikileaks for support of Bernie (see above)

She SHOULD be the DNC's rising star. Straight shooter.

It would have been so easy for most individuals to 'go with the flow' of money and just say "my integrity doesn't mean much in the big picture, so what the hay" and they do it every day, all the time.  

Tulsi Gabbard is a real stand-out, honestly interested in fixing the country, and clearly she stands for what she believes in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
Another instance of Trump putting aside the campaign attacks and not holding grudges.  I'm impressed, again.  I'm really rooting for Romney as Secretary of State and Mattis as SecDef.   

Trump chooses South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as UN ambassador
Published November 23, 2016 
FoxNews.com

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday chose South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be his selection as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Haley was an outspoken Trump critic throughout much of his campaign, yet she's now poised to be the first female Cabinet-level official in the Trump administration. Haley still needs Senate confirmation to take the post.

"Governor Haley has a proven track record of bringing people together regardless of background or party affiliation to move critical policies forward for the betterment of her state and our country," Trump said in a statement. "She is also a proven dealmaker, and we look to be making plenty of deals. She will be a great leader representing us on the world stage."

A Trump spokesperson said Wednesday that Trump and Haley had "natural chemistry" when they met on Thursday and her selection as UN ambassador was an easy choice.

Born in South Carolina and of Indian descent, Haley is the second Asian-American to serve as U.S. governor, following ex-Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

"Our country faces enormous challenges here at home and internationally, and I am honored that the President-elect has asked me to join his team and serve the country we love as the next Ambassador to the United Nations," Haley said.

Haley drew praise for her handling of the aftermath of the Emanuel AME Church mass shooting in Charleston, which stirred racial tensions after nine black parishioners were gunned down by an accused white shooter who allegedly wanted to start a race war. She also presided over the removal of the Confederate flag from the South Carolina state house grounds.

In January, Haley, who was beginning to earn buzz as a possible vice presidential pick, delivered the Republican response to President Obama's final State of the Union address. Parts of her speech, however, were viewed as a rebuke not only of Obama, but also of Trump.

"During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices," Haley said. "We must resist that temptation. No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws, and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country."
CARSON SAYS TRUMP HAS OFFERED HIM HUD SECRETARY

Early in the Republican primary, Haley campaigned for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio before going on to support Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. Though she never appeared to totally warm to the eventual GOP nominee, she did say she would vote for Trump.

"This is no longer a choice for me on personalities because I’m not a fan of either one," Haley said in October. "What it is about is policy."

Haley, 44, met with Trump on Thursday and said they had a “very nice” conversation. The following day, during a speech to the Federalist Society's National Lawyer's Association, Haley talked about Trump's unusual path to the presidency.

"President-elect Trump deserves tremendous credit for the way he was able to connect with the electorate, but he did not do it by celebrating the Republican Party," she said. "And the American people did not vote for him because he had an 'R' next to his name."

She was generally endorsed for a spot on Trump's team by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, himself a frequent Republican critic of Trump.

"She’s done a good job as governor of South Carolina," Graham told the News & Observer. "She’s talented, capable and would do a good job in any assignment given to her."

Her new job clears the way for Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster to step into the role of South Carolina governor. McMaster was an early Trump endorser, backing him before the state's GOP primary in February.

The potential addition of Haley to Trump's team highlights a series of diverse candidates that Trump has considered for various cabinet spots. Dr. Ben Carson said he had been offered the position of Housing and Urban Development secretary and Trump has also met with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hi.

Gabbard and former diplomat Ric Grenell had been rumored to be among the candidates for the UN ambassador job.

A Trump spokesperson said at least one other cabinet position could be announced later Wednesday. Though no specific names or departments were mentioned, former Gov. and presidential nominee Mitt Romney is being considered for Secretary of State and retired Gen. James Mattis is in contention for Secretary of Defense. Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, Dr. Ben Carson and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach are among other high profile figures who've met with Trump recently.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/23/trump-chooses-south-carolina-gov-nikki-haley-as-un-ambassador.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2016, 10:30:05 AM »
Carson: I'm Ready to Help Trump Make 'Our Inner Cities Great'
Wednesday, 23 Nov 2016

Former Republican rival-turned-supporter Ben Carson on Wednesday said he could serve a role under Donald Trump after talks with the president-elect's team.

Carson had been offered the job leading the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, a Carson spokesman said on Tuesday.

"After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone," Carson wrote on Facebook.

Dr. Ben Carson
Winning the presidential election was only the first step for those who love traditional America and do not wish to fundamentally change it. Now the hard work begins of restoring the values that made us great. We must bring back the compassion and the unity that empowers us and banish the divisiveness that weakens us. After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone. We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid. An announcement is forthcoming about my role in helping to make America great again.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/carson-trump-hud/2016/11/23/id/760401/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
Trump Taps Michigan Republican DeVos for Education Secretary
Wednesday, 23 Nov 2016

President-elect Donald Trump has picked wealthy Republican donor and school choice advocate Betsy DeVos to lead the U.S. Education Department, a post she has accepted, according to media reports on Wednesday.

DeVos, former chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party, met with Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence on Saturday and discussed "the Common Core mission, and setting higher national standards and promoting the growth of school choice across the nation," according to a Trump transition team statement.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-devos/2016/11/23/id/760420/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 10:34:19 AM »
Romney over Rudy.  Not even close IMO.  Rudy should be Director of Homeland Security. 

'Tug of War' Between Giuliani, Romney Over State Department
Tuesday, 22 Nov 2016

President-elect Donald Trump is leaning toward tapping Mitt Romney to be his secretary of state, but some on his team are urging him to pick former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani,  The Wall Street Journal reports.

The internal tug-of-war between supporters of the former Massachusetts governor and those pushing for the selection of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani,  has delayed the selection, the Journal reported Tuesday, citing unnamed sources.

Trump surrogate Newt Gingrich said Monday he thought there were "huge advantages" to selecting Giuliani.

"I think that, if you want someone who is going to go out and be a very tough negotiator for America and represent American interest in the way that Trump campaigned, I think that probably Rudy is a better pick and has the right temperament," the former House Speaker said.

Trump is also likely to name retired Marine Gen. James Mattis to serve as secretary of defense, while South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is the leading candidate to be the next ambassador to the United Nations, the Journal reported.

Trump spokesman Jason Miller told the Journal "absolutely no decision has been made" on secretary of state.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-leaning-mitt-romney-secretary/2016/11/22/id/760264/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
Carson: I'm Ready to Help Trump Make 'Our Inner Cities Great'
Wednesday, 23 Nov 2016

Former Republican rival-turned-supporter Ben Carson on Wednesday said he could serve a role under Donald Trump after talks with the president-elect's team.

Carson had been offered the job leading the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, a Carson spokesman said on Tuesday.

"After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone," Carson wrote on Facebook.

Dr. Ben Carson
Winning the presidential election was only the first step for those who love traditional America and do not wish to fundamentally change it. Now the hard work begins of restoring the values that made us great. We must bring back the compassion and the unity that empowers us and banish the divisiveness that weakens us. After serious discussions with the Trump transition team, I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone. We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid. An announcement is forthcoming about my role in helping to make America great again.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/carson-trump-hud/2016/11/23/id/760401/

Dr. Carson accepted!

a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Wilber Ross to be Commerce Secretary

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump is expected to select as commerce secretary Wilbur Ross, a billionaire investor who became known as the “king of bankruptcy” for buying, restructuring and selling off steel makers and other fading industrial companies, officials on the transition team said on Thursday.

After choosing national security hard-liners for some of his earliest appointments, Mr. Trump is now turning to a group of ultrawealthy conservatives to help steer administration policy.

In addition to Mr. Ross, a generous contributor to his campaign, Mr. Trump is likely to choose Todd Ricketts, a Republican megadonor who is an owner of the Chicago Cubs and whose father founded TD Ameritrade, to be the deputy commerce secretary, the officials said. And on Wednesday, Mr. Trump said he would name Betsy DeVos, a school choice activist and Republican fund-raiser, as his education secretary.

Mr. Ross, 78, an economic adviser to Mr. Trump’s campaign whose fortune is estimated by Forbes to be $2.9 billion, is aligned with Mr. Trump on trade. He says the United States must free itself from the “bondage” of “bad trade agreements,” and he has advocated threats of steep tariffs on Chinese goods. Mr. Ross, the chairman of the private equity firm WL Ross & Company, has also pressed for cutting the corporate tax rate to 15 percent, from 35 percent, and reducing taxes and regulations on energy companies.

During the general election, he hosted at least one fund-raiser for Mr. Trump at his home in the Hamptons. There, Mr. Trump, who at the time was pondering his choice for a running mate, turned his deliberations into a party game, soliciting opinions from the donors in attendance.

Mr. Ross also owns a waterfront estate in Palm Beach, Fla., down the road from Mar-a-Lago, Mr. Trump’s club, which is expected to be his White House getaway, and where the president-elect was spending Thanksgiving with his family.

If confirmed by the Senate, Mr. Ross would succeed another wealthy campaign donor at the helm of an agency charged with promoting American commercial interests and trade around the world. Penny Pritzker, President Obama’s commerce secretary, is a billionaire entrepreneur who was an early financial backer of Mr. Obama and is an heiress to the Hyatt Hotels fortune.

Unlike Mr. Trump and Mr. Ross, Ms. Pritzker has been a leading proponent of forging new free-trade agreements. One of her top priorities was the completion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a sweeping 12-nation accord that Mr. Trump has promised to scrap.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
Donald Trump names K.T. McFarland to national security team

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump has named K.T. McFarland, an aide to three Republican White Houses and a frequent Fox News commentator, to the position of deputy national security adviser, as he continues to fill his foreign policy staff with aides who have hard-line views on the fight against terrorism.

The choice of McFarland was confirmed Friday morning by Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, the president-elect’s choice for national security adviser.

So proud & honored to have KT McFarland as part of our National Security team. She will help us #MAGA— General Flynn (@GenFlynn) November 25, 2016

The transition team also confirmed the selection in a statement released Friday afternoon.“She has tremendous experience and innate talent that will complement the fantastic team we are assembling, which is crucial because nothing is more important than keeping our people safe,” Trump said in the statement.

Like Flynn, McFarland has been highly critical of President Barack Obama’s approach to combating terrorism, saying he has not acknowledged the threat that global Islamism poses to Western civilization.

McFarland’s selection comes as Trump and his team remain locked in a debate over appointing a secretary of state, the most important foreign policy job in the administration. Aides to Trump have said a decision on that post may not come until next week at the earliest.The dispute centers on whether Trump should select Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani for the Cabinet position. It remains possible, Trump’s advisers said, that the job could go to someone else, like Gen. John F. Kelly, a Marine who led the U.S. Southern Command under Obama.

Rival camps within Trump’s orbit have split over the decision, tracing many of the same battle lines that divided the Republican Party in its bitter struggle over Trump’s nomination.

Some Republicans with Trump’s ear, like Newt Gingrich and Stephen K. Bannon, the president-elect’s chief strategist, have voiced concerns that Romney’s vehement opposition to Trump during the primary campaign raises questions of his loyalty.

Others, like Vice President-elect Mike Pence, have said privately that Giuliani might not be a wise choice, given the questions over his outside income, which would be likely to complicate his Senate confirmation.

McFarland, who will not require Senate confirmation, worked for the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations. From 1970 to 1976, she was an adviser to Henry A. Kissinger on the National Security Council. She also ran unsuccessfully in a 2006 Republican Senate primary race for the seat held by Hillary Clinton.

(Boston Globe)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2016, 06:38:29 PM »
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher tweeted:

I have been told that I am under consideration to join President Trump’s team as Secretary of State.  While my present intention, of course, is to continue to fight for liberty and freedom as a member of the House of Representatives, as a strong supporter of President-Elect Trump’s vision for America, it would be a privilege and an honor to serve as his Secretary of State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
Trump: 'Very impressed' with Petraeus as he weighs top diplomat job
By Steve Holland and Melissa Fares
Reuters
November 28, 2016
By Steve Holland and Melissa Fares

NEW YORK (Reuters) - President-elect Donald Trump stepped up his search on Monday for a new U.S. secretary of state, with the focus on David Petraeus, a former U.S. military commander in Iraq whose mishandling of classified information led to his resignation as CIA chief in 2012.

"Just met with General Petraeus--was very impressed!" Trump said on Twitter shortly after Petraeus, a retired general, left an hour-long meeting with the Republican winner of the Nov. 8 election at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Trump's consideration of Petraeus, who has also been mentioned as a contender for the top job at the Pentagon - adds a new layer of drama to his unusually public deliberations over the top diplomatic job for his administration.

Petraeus, who led international forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan, was sentenced to two years' probation and fined $100,000 last year for the unauthorized removal and retention of classified information.

He admitted sharing classified information with his biographer, with whom he was having an affair. The scandal forced Petraeus to resign from the CIA in 2012.

Petraeus said after meeting Trump that the New York businessman "basically walked us around the world" in their discussion. "He showed a great grasp of the variety of challenges that are out there and some of the opportunities as well," Petraeus told reporters.

Trump, who takes office on Jan. 20, plans to hold talks with Mitt Romney on Tuesday in his second recent meeting with the 2012 Republican presidential nominee.

A Republican source close to the transition team said it had appeared late last week that Trump was leaning toward choosing Romney as his secretary of state but that the appearance of Petraeus at Trump Tower suggested the president-elect was still undecided and casting a wider net for the position.

U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani are also in the mix for the job of America's top diplomat, Trump aides say.

Frances Townsend, a national security aide during the administration of Republican President George W. Bush, also met Trump on Monday.

PETRAEUS TROUBLES

Petraeus' past mishandling of classified documents is unlikely to be an obstacle to Trump offering him a top government post, said a source who has advised the transition team on national security. That is despite Trump harshly criticizing Democratic rival Hillary Clinton during the election campaign for using a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Trump often compared the prosecution of Petraeus with the lack of legal action against Clinton, who was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation but never charged with any offense.

"Just based on his public statements, I think (Trump) sees Petraeus as a good man who made a mistake, who did a fraction of what other people have done and received a lot more punishment,"

said a source who has advised the transition team on national security.

Among the Trump transition team, Petraeus and Romney are supported by Republicans looking for a candidate with gravitas who can unify the party, the source said.

Giuliani is favored by loyalists who worked on the election campaign. Kellyanne Conway, his campaign manager, has said Romney would cause a backlash among his supporters.

Ideological conservatives hope Trump picks John Bolton, the former ambassador to the United Nations, the source said. Corker is well regarded, but some in the Trump camp do not want too many senators coming into the Cabinet, the source said.

Trump arrived back in New York on Sunday after several days in Florida for Thanksgiving. He caused a stir on Sunday when he alleged on Twitter that “serious voter fraud” had occurred in the presidential election in New Hampshire, Virginia, and California - states won by Clinton - but provided no evidence to back his assertion.

The White House said on Monday there had been no evidence of widespread election fraud in the presidential contest, and all three states rejected Trump's allegation.

New Hampshire's deputy secretary of state, David Scanlan, said: “There’s no evidence that we’ve seen that supports claims like that. Voter fraud does occur, but it occurs in isolated instances.”

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla called Trump's allegations unsubstantiated and Virginia Commissioner of Elections Edgardo Cortes said they were unfounded.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-steps-search-secretary-state-meet-petraeus-180957953.html

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
Lou Barletta to meet with Trump tomorrow, about Transportation Secretary spot.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »
Romney scheduled to have return meeting with Trump, tomorrow.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »
Tom Price likely to become Health Secretary.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
Donald Trump taps Elaine Chao as Transportation Secretary

Former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao will be Mr. Trump’s Transportation Secretary, a senior transition source confirmed to CBS News’ Major Garrett.

The appointment is expected to be announced Tuesday afternoon.

Chao, who served as Labor Secretary under President George W. Bush, is the first Asian-American woman to ever hold a Cabinet-level position. She served in the role from 2001 to 2009 -- the only member of Bush’s Cabinet to serve through his entire eight years in the White House.

Before serving as Labor Secretary, Chao ran the United Way of America, was director of the Peace Corps and served as deputy Treasury Secretary under President George H.W. Bush.

Born in Taiwan, Chao moved to the United States when she was eight years old. She is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky).

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( This isn't draining the swamp.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2016, 10:04:28 AM »
The Big Problem with Trump’s Billionaire-Filled Cabinet

The biggest mystery underlying the Trump phenomenon has been why more than 62 million Americans, many of whom have legitimate beefs about the newfangled digital economy, decided to vote for a billionaire who surrounds himself with other billionaires—many of whom profited off the same factors that undergirded their misery. Why in the world did they ever think that a billionaire reality-TV star who lives in a pink-marble mausoleum high above Fifth Avenue, has mansions in Palm Beach, Florida, and Bedford, New York, and flies around the country on his own private 757 would ever care one whit about them? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that Hillary Clinton ever evidenced any concern about out-of-work coal miners or steel workers, either. It’s not completely illogical that between these two, there were plenty of people who decided they might as well go with the candidate who promised to blow things up. After all, as Trump said to one group of African-Americans after another, “What do you have to lose?”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/the-big-problem-with-trumps-billionaire-filled-cabinet?mbid=nl_TH_583cb36d0fd158c6587ec254&CNDID=17877087&spMailingID=9952184&spUserID=MTMzMTgyNDA4NjQ5S0&spJobID=1042223204&spReportId=MTA0MjIyMzIwNAS2

This article is a good read and clearly gives us regular folks something to think about....like higher taxes.

James

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:44 AM »

True but Chao joins the Senate Majority Leader to President Trump’s hip right from the gitgo, and nearly guarantees that Mitch delivers the entire GOP Senate to Trump on nearly every issue for four years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »

Nope. More like mucking it up.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
True but Chao joins the Senate Majority Leader to President Trump’s hip right from the gitgo, and nearly guarantees that Mitch delivers the entire GOP Senate to Trump on nearly every issue for four years.

Hope you are correct.
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2016, 02:13:09 PM »
The Big Problem with Trump’s Billionaire-Filled Cabinet

The biggest mystery underlying the Trump phenomenon has been why more than 62 million Americans, many of whom have legitimate beefs about the newfangled digital economy, decided to vote for a billionaire who surrounds himself with other billionaires—many of whom profited off the same factors that undergirded their misery. Why in the world did they ever think that a billionaire reality-TV star who lives in a pink-marble mausoleum high above Fifth Avenue, has mansions in Palm Beach, Florida, and Bedford, New York, and flies around the country on his own private 757 would ever care one whit about them? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that Hillary Clinton ever evidenced any concern about out-of-work coal miners or steel workers, either. It’s not completely illogical that between these two, there were plenty of people who decided they might as well go with the candidate who promised to blow things up. After all, as Trump said to one group of African-Americans after another, “What do you have to lose?”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/the-big-problem-with-trumps-billionaire-filled-cabinet?mbid=nl_TH_583cb36d0fd158c6587ec254&CNDID=17877087&spMailingID=9952184&spUserID=MTMzMTgyNDA4NjQ5S0&spJobID=1042223204&spReportId=MTA0MjIyMzIwNAS2

This article is a good read and clearly gives us regular folks something to think about....like higher taxes.

No one gives a shit what "Sloppy"  Graydon Carter thinks, especially Trump.

Since you seem just as clueless as fat POS Carter as to why Trump relates well to the working class, it's his business: Real Estate Development and Management. Even at his level, you deal with tradesmen, construction workers and maintenance people. A magazine editor like Carter can't understand that and apparently neither can you.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
Steven Mnuchin Is Donald Trump’s Expected Choice for Treasury Secretary

WASHINGTON — Steven Terner Mnuchin, a financier with deep roots on Wall Street and in Hollywood but no government experience, is expected to be named Donald J. Trump’s Treasury secretary as soon as Wednesday, sources close to the transition say.

Mr. Mnuchin, 53, was the national finance chairman for Mr. Trump’s campaign. He began his career at Goldman Sachs, where he became a partner, before creating his own hedge fund, moving to the West Coast and entering the first rank of movie financiers by bankrolling hits like the “X-Men” franchise and “Avatar.”

As Treasury secretary, Mr. Mnuchin would play an important role in shaping the administration’s economic policies, including a package of promised tax cuts, increased spending on infrastructure and changes in the terms of foreign trade. He could also help lead any effort to roll back President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran and opening to Cuba by reimposing sanctions on Tehran and Havana.

His selection fits uneasily with much of Mr. Trump’s campaign rhetoric attacking the financial industry. Mr. Trump, in a campaign ad intended as a closing argument, portrayed the chief executive of Goldman Sachs as the personification of a global elite that the ad said had “robbed our working class.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
Lou Barletta to meet with Trump tomorrow, about Transportation Secretary spot.

Congressman Lou Barletta Meets with Donald Trump in New York City

NEW YORK — Congressman Lou Barletta from Hazleton left his meeting with Donald Trump and said the two talked about his role after Trump takes office, but it’s not the role some were speculating Barletta might get.

Barletta met with President-elect Donald Trump at Trump Tower in New York City Tuesday afternoon.

Many speculated that Barletta could be offered secretary of transportation.

But Trump said on Tuesday he picked former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao for that.

Instead, Barletta said secretary of labor is the position Trump discussed with him.

“We talked about the great win in Pennsylvania, the fact that Pennsylvania threw him over the top. We talked about that, but mainly his ideas moving forward, and the role I could play in Congress, or in labor, or some other role,” Barletta said.

Barletta said secretary of labor is something he’s going to consider.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

"Marilyn sent me!"

Dan Quayle enters Trump Tower, goes mostly unnoticed

NEW YORK -- Indianapolis-native and former vice president Dan Quayle entered Trump Tower for discussions with the president-elect Tuesday, and his entrance went mostly unnoticed by the row of press that occupies the lobby of the building.

“The press pen did not initially recognize him and did not ask any questions. However, Sean Spicer just confirmed to your pooler that it was Quayle,” said a pool report Tuesday afternoon.

The report initially listed an “unidentified man” entering Trump Tower at 1:47 p.m. with Kellyanne Conway, President-elect Donald Trump's campaign manager.

The pool report said a source confirmed that Quayle had breakfast with Vice President-elect Mike Pence on Tuesday morning.

Quayle says he stopped by Trump Tower to offer President-elect Trump best wishes.

He told reporters Tuesday that he offered "personal congratulations" to Trump after speaking recently by phone. He said he "supported" Trump during the election.

Quayle served as Indiana's Attorney general, as George H.W. Bush's vice president from 1989-1993 and sought the presidential nomination in 2000, but ultimately withdrew and supported George W. Bush. He has been mostly out of the political spotlight since.

Quayle endorsed Donald Trump in May.

Trump aides did not immediately respond to a request for more details on the reason for Quayle's visit.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Tom Price likely to become Health Secretary.

Sanders blasts Trump's HHS pick: 'What hypocrisy!'

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Tuesday blasted President-elect Donald Trump's selection of Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) as the next Health and Human Services secretary.

While Sanders reiterated his support for some of Trump's economic policies, he criticized the president-elect's HHS selection, saying it runs counter to his campaign promises.

"Donald Trump asked workers and seniors to vote for him because he was the only Republican candidate who would not cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid — programs that are of life-and-death importance for millions of Americans," Sanders said in his statement.

"Now, he has nominated a person for secretary of Health and Human Services, Rep. Tom Price, who has a long history of wanting to do exactly the opposite of what Trump campaigned on," Sanders added.

The Vermont lawmaker outlined Price's positions and said Trump should publicly admit that his promises "were just lies."

"Rep. Price has a long history of wanting to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. What hypocrisy! Mr. Trump needs to tell the American people that what he said during the campaign were just lies, or else appoint an HHS secretary who will protect these programs and do what Trump said he would do," he said.

Trump announced his HHS selection on Tuesday, praising Price as being "exceptionally qualified" to spearhead a campaign to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

“Chairman Price, a renowned physician, has earned a reputation for being a tireless problem solver and the go-to expert on healthcare policy, making him the ideal choice to serve in this capacity,” Trump said in a statement.

“He is exceptionally qualified to shepherd our commitment to repeal and replace Obamacare and bring affordable and accessible healthcare to every American. I am proud to nominate him as Secretary of Health and Human Services,” Trump added.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »
Sanders should stick to taking it up the butt from Hillary's strap on.

Ultimate sellout.....