Author Topic: Terrible shoulder pain - Training again or quit?  (Read 5829 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Terrible shoulder pain - Training again or quit?
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
You should slither back under that rock you came out from under, and never darken the doors of GetBig again.

The likelihood that I shit diarrhea on your head is much more realistic than your advice.
You can fuck off now :-*

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 03:33:34 PM »
The likelihood that I shit diarrhea on your head is much more realistic than your advice.
You can fuck off now :-*

So that means that you can't post any useful advice, same as you never posted any useful advice before, and you will never post any useful advice in the future either. Yeah, if you know absolutely nothing about a subject, then your advice will be totally worthless.

Of course, you could prove me wrong, by posting, for the first time ever, some useful information, for the GetBig forum. Ain't ever going to happen, you dumb ass piece of shit!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 10:04:39 PM »
So that means that you can't post any useful advice, same as you never posted any useful advice before, and you will never post any useful advice in the future either. Yeah, if you know absolutely nothing about a subject, then your advice will be totally worthless.

Of course, you could prove me wrong, by posting, for the first time ever, some useful information, for the GetBig forum. Ain't ever going to happen, you dumb ass piece of shit!

You feel better now? ::)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2016, 05:28:48 PM »
Post a pic I want to see the progress you've made.

But I know you will ignore this request because "you" don't really exist.

Another gimmick with a perfect physique but no pics. Shocker! :o

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »
Few months ago I was moving heavy furniture at my parent's house to make space for medical devices necessary to help my father.
Within few hours I started to feel a growing-aching and deep pain in my right shoulder.
Didn't know what was coming: 5 days of terrible and unbearable pain.
Went to the hospital xray, ultrasound etc etc
Turns out small calcium deposits were in the muscle thus resulting in this extreme pain.
Made 3 infiltrations over two weeks, took many pain killers.

Wanted to know if any of you ever experienced this type of situation.
And above all if you were able to start training again, and if yes what you changed.

Hope there's no gay material in this post, but in any case "no homo", just to be safe.
^^
DUDE, I had the same thing GO to a REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST- they will massage out the "Adhesions" and Deposits, and you'll be back in action after 2 or 3 sessions...
Google Registed Massage Therapy and insert your city and you'll see the results pop up!!

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 12:26:36 AM »
^^
DUDE, I had the same thing GO to a REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST- they will massage out the "Adhesions" and Deposits, and you'll be back in action after 2 or 3 sessions...
Google Registed Massage Therapy and insert your city and you'll see the results pop up!!

thanks for the info mate.
you had other relapses or with the massage this never happened again?
North of Italy

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
I have had bad shoulder for about 4 years or so. Rotator cuff exercises help. I do notice many guys in the gym do them wrong.  By wrong I mean bat shit kinesiology off the map wrong. It would take to long on the posting of too many pictures to show what they are doing wrong regarding trying to hit the various tiny muscles involved.

What has given me more relief than rotator cuff work is stretching. The should gets super tight then minor rips occur while exercising. Stretching in various angles have made a lot of difference. 

Regarding terrible shoulder pain. One day after doing pull ups my shoulder hurt so bad I couldn't move my arm.  I went to a sports orthopedic surgeon and he told me after tests that I had a slap tear, tendinitis, complications from by complete bicep rupture that was repaired, and  arthritis.  He recommended surgery.  It took me 6 months to come back from my bicep rupture and I didn't want to go from that rehab again.  Even though it was bicep I couldn't bench an empty bar a month after the operation when  every single chest workout prior I was using around 300lbs. I choose not to get the operation. I needed help putting on a tee shirt and my coat by my wife for about 10 days. I felt like I was a cripple. Then slowly the pain lessened to the point I could train again.  I still don't bench but I can train hard with what is heavy weights for me. I will never be 100% but if I can train substituting alternative exercises I am okay with it. 

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »
thanks for the info mate.
you had other relapses or with the massage this never happened again?
^^
Sorry for getting back to you late, I've been putting in too much overtime and don't post as much here...
I have NEVER had any relapses as I stopped pressing except for just STRICT dumb-bell presses, I do those and laterals- and rope pulls at
eye level for rear delts...
Do that, and you'll be injury free too!!!  Get that Registered Massage Therapy- it hurts, but it is the CURE!!

nobody in particular

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2017, 06:12:27 AM »

I have NEVER had any relapses as I stopped pressing except for just STRICT dumb-bell presses, I do those and laterals- and rope pulls at eye level for rear delts...

I've done them too (face pulls, bent over laterals) with good success. Another thing I noticed (I had bad bursitis/impingement) with the shoulder pain, and this actually held back my recovery for some time. Side laterals didn't 'hurt' to actually perform, so I kept doing them, albeit with fairly light weight and higher reps, but they seemed to actually exacerbate the problem as a knock on effect. I don't do them any more and it was only after eliminating them as an exercise that the pain/mobility issues went away. So whatever work the medial delts get it's from regular dumbell shoulder presses, and they haven't suffered (I'm no threat of getting an ifbb pro card mind you). Apart from that I also do said presses with palms facing each other, or nearly so, rather than facing forward, seems to have been another piece of the puzzle.

I've been able to resume barbell bench press without pain too. One thing I did change was more thorough warmups, including an initial 50 reps with just the empty bar. It doesn't 'feel' like it does much at the time you are doing them, but has made a difference longer term.

A lot of people have gotten some relief doing the shoulder stretching with a broomstick (dante/dogcrapp talked about this years ago on other forums, it's out there if you google it), but for whatever reason, they did nothing beneficial for me, and I don't do them now. But worth a look as I'm definintely in a minority there.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »
I've done them too (face pulls, bent over laterals) with good success. Another thing I noticed (I had bad bursitis/impingement) with the shoulder pain, and this actually held back my recovery for some time. Side laterals didn't 'hurt' to actually perform, so I kept doing them, albeit with fairly light weight and higher reps, but they seemed to actually exacerbate the problem as a knock on effect. I don't do them any more and it was only after eliminating them as an exercise that the pain/mobility issues went away. So whatever work the medial delts get it's from regular dumbell shoulder presses, and they haven't suffered (I'm no threat of getting an ifbb pro card mind you). Apart from that I also do said presses with palms facing each other, or nearly so, rather than facing forward, seems to have been another piece of the puzzle.

I've been able to resume barbell bench press without pain too. One thing I did change was more thorough warmups, including an initial 50 reps with just the empty bar. It doesn't 'feel' like it does much at the time you are doing them, but has made a difference longer term.

A lot of people have gotten some relief doing the shoulder stretching with a broomstick (dante/dogcrapp talked about this years ago on other forums, it's out there if you google it), but for whatever reason, they did nothing beneficial for me, and I don't do them now. But worth a look as I'm definintely in a minority there.
^^
The GREAT valuable thing about having a Registered Massage Therapist treat your shoulder is they can BREAK UP the adhesions we all make as the body attempts to heal- that's what "hurts" when you are trying to test your normal range of motion.
It worked for me... didn't need more than a few appointments!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
BPC-157

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »
I've never heard of this peptide before, so I Googled the stuff.. https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/2016/05/how-to-use-bpc-157/

Works try it.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 06:58:14 AM »
^^
The GREAT valuable thing about having a Registered Massage Therapist treat your shoulder is they can BREAK UP the adhesions we all make as the body attempts to heal- that's what "hurts" when you are trying to test your normal range of motion.
It worked for me... didn't need more than a few appointments!

Exactly.

Scar tissue can be broken up.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2017, 06:59:41 AM »
Works try it.

I can second this.  BPC worked incredibly well on some torn shoulder ligaments I suffered recently.  I was back in the gym within just two months! 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »
Few months ago I was moving heavy furniture at my parent's house to make space for medical devices necessary to help my father.
Within few hours I started to feel a growing-aching and deep pain in my right shoulder.
Didn't know what was coming: 5 days of terrible and unbearable pain.
Went to the hospital xray, ultrasound etc etc
Turns out small calcium deposits were in the muscle thus resulting in this extreme pain.
Made 3 infiltrations over two weeks, took many pain killers.

Wanted to know if any of you ever experienced this type of situation.
And above all if you were able to start training again, and if yes what you changed.

Hope there's no gay material in this post, but in any case "no homo", just to be safe.

I've been dealing with a painful wear/tear issue on my right shoulder myself.
In my case, it's osteo-arthritis in the right shoulder girdle area.

If I can't get some relief, I won't be able to jerk the Mayor of BB off by Ice Machine 7 in 2017.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »
Agreed. When I was recovering from a shoulder injury I could use the decline press with much less pain.

Don't have it at my current gym but think it's a superior chest exercise anyway.

Exactly my experience.

A decline Hammer machine press kicks ass and I start most of my chest work with one.
In fact, I'd strongly advise using ANY smooth decline press machine to start every chest workout.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 07:28:38 AM »
I have had bad shoulder for about 4 years or so. Rotator cuff exercises help. I do notice many guys in the gym do them wrong.  By wrong I mean bat shit kinesiology off the map wrong. It would take to long on the posting of too many pictures to show what they are doing wrong regarding trying to hit the various tiny muscles involved.

What has given me more relief than rotator cuff work is stretching. The should gets super tight then minor rips occur while exercising. Stretching in various angles have made a lot of difference. 

Regarding terrible shoulder pain. One day after doing pull ups my shoulder hurt so bad I couldn't move my arm.  I went to a sports orthopedic surgeon and he told me after tests that I had a slap tear, tendinitis, complications from by complete bicep rupture that was repaired, and  arthritis.  He recommended surgery.  It took me 6 months to come back from my bicep rupture and I didn't want to go from that rehab again.  Even though it was bicep I couldn't bench an empty bar a month after the operation when  every single chest workout prior I was using around 300lbs. I choose not to get the operation. I needed help putting on a tee shirt and my coat by my wife for about 10 days. I felt like I was a cripple. Then slowly the pain lessened to the point I could train again.  I still don't bench but I can train hard with what is heavy weights for me. I will never be 100% but if I can train substituting alternative exercises I am okay with it. 

Good stuff, thanks for posting.
I actually learned a couple things and feel better about what I'm doing to deal with the issue.

Skeeter

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
I get shoulder pain once in a while from an old injury. I went to the physiotherapist and they gave me a few resistance band exercises to do. The pain comes back once in a while but if I do the exercises it doesn't last.
Check with a physiotherapist. They can probably narrow down where the injury is and give you decent advice on how to deal with it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »
Works try it.

But could it also repair torn muscle tissue? I have a small tear between my infra & supraspinatus.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
This stuff could be the answer to my recent shoulder injury,but I`ll see the doctor first.