Author Topic: Brutal Climate Change beat down....  (Read 6994 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Brutal Climate Change beat down....
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:02:31 PM »

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Brutal Climate Change beat down....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »
"Global Warming".....it's all about the money

https://www.facebook.com/OverpassesForAmerica2/videos/1151014358271229/

That was beautiful! Would of been better, if he outright told her, that she was full of shit.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
It's funny how newscasters today from most networks claim detrimental climate change is a fact.  If you don't think our planet is in real danger, you're a loon.
All based on facts that are easily disproved by others.
Typical government.  There's a real problem...but wait, we have the answer...more tax.  Every time I see Dicaprio's smug manicured face spewing on it, it makes me wish Swifty would have properly abused him back in the day.
N

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »

Yes, and senator was defending capitalism as he has ordered to do. Maybe that old history geek would have learn something if he would let her speak, but he was too busy to spill out his "facts". What he was pointing out was that global warming has happen before at time to time in the history of earth, completely ignoring the fact that at those times there wasn't any massive cities at the waterfront of the ocean, filled with millions of people. If water levels will rise something like 6-7 meters (19 - 22 ft), there will be plenty of cheap apartments in coastal cities, like Miami, New Orleans, New York, Amsterdam etc.  ;D

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 03:09:15 AM »

I'm confused.....who is getting this "money"?

It's funny how newscasters today from most networks claim detrimental climate change is a fact.  If you don't think our planet is in real danger, you're a loon.
All based on facts that are easily disproved by others.
Typical government.  There's a real problem...but wait, we have the answer...more tax.  Every time I see Dicaprio's smug manicured face spewing on it, it makes me wish Swifty would have properly abused him back in the day.

But in the video it was the Senator (Government) who was arguing that it was not a problem???

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 08:29:26 AM »
One guy who "knows history" is correct and 195 countries including tens of thousands of scientists are wrong. Ok.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »
One guy who "knows history" is correct and 195 countries including tens of thousands of scientists are wrong. Ok.

Was he wrong

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »
I think it's a big scam.  Pushed by celebs like Leo who feel guilty that they make all this money and people looking to make money in clean energy.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
I think it's a big scam.  Pushed by celebs like Leo who feel guilty that they make all this money and people looking to make money in clean energy.

Yet the ones making the most money (oil companies/ Industries, etc..), have no agenda at all in denying or pushing arguments against climate change.

Yeah that makes sense.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »
Was he wrong

The difference between the climate changes that happened in prehistoric times and the climate change that is happening now is that the changes in prehistoric times happened over thousands of years, and the changes we are seeing now are happening in less than a century.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »
The difference between the climate changes that happened in prehistoric times and the climate change that is happening now is that the changes in prehistoric times happened over thousands of years, and the changes we are seeing now are happening in less than a century.

Yet he was stating that back in prehistoric times it was worse on some cases. This is a political money grab scheme

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »
I'm heavily invested in "green tech" companies.

It's so obvious that in the future we will be moving towards more wind turbines and electric vehicles, etc due to climate change concerns.

But you guys keep pretending its not happening and stay poor LOL.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
Yet he was stating that back in prehistoric times it was worse on some cases. This is a political money grab scheme

You keep saying that but most politicians are arguing against the whole idea of climate change. There is way more money to be made (and is being made) polluting the earth than cleaning it up.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 03:39:37 PM »

Are you assuming that scientists are moral?

Look at how many times the Sierra Club has been busted for falsifying evidence 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
Are you assuming that scientists are moral?

Look at how many times the Sierra Club has been busted for falsifying evidence  

I remember back in the 80s,  the AIDS fearmongers told us AIDS was going to "explode" into the heterosexual population. It never happened, regardless of what the bitchy queens on this site believe.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »
All the leading authorities around the world have agreed to fuck over the rest of us by making the world cleaner and decreasing pollution.  Those immoral pricks and their agendas. 

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 11:11:26 PM »
Was he wrong

Let see..if there has been these climate changes during the years when people live in the caves and straw huts, would it mean same to people than these days? 1. you don't know how many lost his life 2. you don't know how many lost his home. How about now? If sea levels will rise 7 meters, America will lost cities like New Orleans, Miami, large parts of New York etc. so where will you put those millions of people who lost their homes ? It is obvious that economically it would be great disaster, exceeding anything we have seen excluding two world wars.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 03:51:43 AM »
The fact that many think we can impact the globe in a massive way are foolish.  Given the time, we create bombs to destroy each other and message boards to bash one another.  We'll be fine with handling saving the world.
So...the left can is for paper and the other for bottles?  Ok, got it.

Actors love this war cry.  It feeds right into their grandiose egos.  I'm surprised more get bigger aren't for it.

DiCaprio also back pedaled on his previous statements a decade back...realizing they were incorrect scientifically.  In 10 years, he will have another stance.  He doesn't claim to be a scientist though...that's what we have this site for...experts like me and you.
N

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 03:59:16 AM »
All the leading authorities around the world have agreed to fuck over the rest of us by making the world cleaner and decreasing pollution.  Those immoral pricks and their agendas. 

I look at it like this...
in 100 -1000 -1000000 years time the world will very likely still be here,
And i wont.
HTH.
 ;)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 05:55:23 AM »

I am an ugly guy, tip tapping away on my keyboard in a basement, right now and I would not trade this even for one day to live a life with a brain as so fucking limited as yours.

People like you will say absolutely fucking anything to win an argument - no matter how bizarrely ill conceived it may be.  You spread so much bullshit and so few of you actually take the time to think it out that places like facebook become disease carriers for gumby c unts.

And the trouble is, you don't even understand why what you said is moronic until someone carefully explains to you why a hotter climate in prehistoric times has fuck all to do with the relative damage that will occur in modern human society.

Here is a hint:  the survival of the human race will not be affected by climate change (pretty much the only thing you can "measure" about those times - that we survived).  The survivability (and quality of life) of the individual WILL - that's statistically - obviously a lot of people will be fine.  The chances of it affecting you in your lifetime are quite unlikely.  However.. on a global scale, the amount of people who are affected by it will be quite large (if unmitigated), hence the push to get it under control.

The fact that many think we can impact the globe in a massive way are foolish.

You should know better.

We are very capable of impacting the globe in a massive way.  We have deforested much of the earth, having a measurable effect on our atmosphere, we have made species extinct, forcing other species into extinction.

We are capable.

We already know exactly how to warm Mars up.. by doing precisely what we are doing on Earth, deliberately.

However, I do agree that fortunately, due it to essentially being NOT even remotely questionable in credible scientific society - shit is getting done and we'll probably avoid this situation.

Meanwhile, the morons whittle away their lives debating this and joining antivax groups and shit on facebook videos ::)

I remember back in the 80s,  the AIDS fearmongers told us AIDS was going to "explode" into the heterosexual population. It never happened, regardless of what the bitchy queens on this site believe.

You've forgotten the bit where safe sex (the mitigation) becomes a priority.  It didn't happen because we capably dealt with the situation.  The fearmongers are there to cause change, they aren't "wrong" when they cause the change and the bad thing doesn't happen.  They were right and we continue to proliferate because of it.  

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 06:08:42 AM »
Yeah, like we didn't know about condoms back then, and I'm sure guys like Tommy Lee were big advocates of it. Amazing how he's still walking around today. There actually were STDs before AIDS. Sorry, we were lied to about AIDS, no matter how much your ugly ass tip taps on your keyboard, and you'd love to look like Coach in his prime [Perhaps a bit of homo].

The dead giveaway about Climate Change is the name change from Global Warming. Why was this done?

Funny how all these causes have the same end game: suck capital out of the private sector and put it in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 06:32:41 AM »
The dead giveaway about Climate Change is the name change from Global Warming. Why was this done?

Because the term climate change was actually coined (around the same time, by the way) to specifically cite co2 increases in the atmosphere and their effect on global warming.  

IE, let's say we have two terms.  "Carcrash fatalities" and "Deaths Of People In Cars".  We might live with the "Deaths of People in Cars" for quite some time until at some point, some bean counting c unt decided (rightly - though unnecessarily), that it was possible to die in a car, not from a crash.  There is the trick where you block the exhaust, for instance.

You can warm the globe through other means, hence the need to fall back to the actual term that was coined for this.

And thus, the more specific term was adopted.

No conspiracy at all - just another example of why Pluto can't be a planet.  

So if you mean, it's a dead giveaway that scientists are sticklers for specificity, you're dead right.

If you mean, there is some strange conspiracy afoot (even though climate change is slightly less "bad sounding"), you're dead wrong.

As for the private sector getting rinsed.  If ANYTHING has to be done, it's either individual or company tax funded.  Fucking anything.  It's just less likely to affect votes if the rich are taxed.   The politicians only have money to spend because they're rinsing those two groups.  Big surprise.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 06:45:30 AM »
The Sun will eventually scorch the earth, then cool down and die anyway.

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.  Find Jesus.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Was he wrong

It may be a scam in the sense of political positioning, but it;s a fact that we are seriously disrupting the climate, co2 is earth's thermostat. Now the solution won't be government, I have changed my position on this, it will be private and it will be better tech than oil/gas to force the switch.

Its coming and once it does we will usher in a new era of energy and tech. We have a multi trillion pound fusion reactor in the sky that we are not using

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 07:16:14 AM »
Ah yes, the "Wind and Solar are unlimited" argument.

While this is true, the fly in the ointment is that they're not concentrated forms of energy and require large amounts of land and capital goods to become viable. These are not unlimited. Consider how many windmills it would take to power the entire country or even a significant portion of it.

The real future energy source is nuclear. Electricity  is generated by agitating electrons on the outside of the atom. The logical progression is to utilize the nucleus.