Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 756863 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #1450 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1451 on: August 09, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1452 on: August 09, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
Interesting.  IBD is one of two polls who got it right in 2016.  LA Times was the other.  Three if you count poly.   :)

Good call there. I forgot all about them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1454 on: August 15, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
Pawlenty, who called Trump 'unfit and unhinged,' derailed in comeback attempt in Minnesota
Fox News ^ | 08/14/2018 | By Gregg Re
Posted on 8/15/2018, 12:14:20 PM by Red Badger

Tim Pawlenty -- who briefly ran for president in 2012 and had derided President Trump as "unhinged" -- was denied in his effort to stage a political comeback and become Minnesota’s governor again in the race to replace Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton.

County Commissioner Jeff Johnson won in Tuesday's Minnesota GOP gubernatorial primary despite Pawlenty's enormous fundraising and name recognition advantages. He also won despite his own history as the party's losing candidate for governor four years ago.

Pawlenty joins several other prominent Republicans -- including Reps. Martha Roby and Mark Sanford, as well as Sens. Jeff Flake and Bob Corker -- who have recently suffered major political consequences, at least in part, for opposing Trump.

Johnson had positioned himself as a more conservative candidate than Pawlenty. He branded the former two-term governor as part of the "status quo" and bashed him for calling Trump "unhinged and unfit for the presidency" in the weeks leading up to the 2016 election -- rhetoric that Pawlenty softened during the campaign.

Pawlenty was hoping to resurrect his political career after flaming out as a presidential candidate in 2011. He spent the intervening years as a Washington lobbyist.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1455 on: August 16, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »
Markets in U.S. Are Defying the Tumult Convulsing Rest of World

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-09/you-wouldn-t-know-the-world-s-in-turmoil-by-eyeing-u-s-markets

This bull market in U.S. stocks stands just a week away from the history books

Barring a breathtaking plunge, the bull market in U.S. stocks will on Aug. 22 become the longest in history, and optimistic investors argue it has miles to go before it rests.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-stock-market-is-about-to-make-history-2018-08-14

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1459 on: August 16, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1460 on: August 16, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
Poll: Trump’s Black Approval at 36%, Previous GOP Election Best Was 12% in 1996

President Donald Trump’s approval rating among likely black voters registered at 36 percent this week, which is a 17-point increase from the time last year, when it was only 19 percent.

Rasmussen Reports published the finding on Wednesday among its daily tracking poll results.

Rasmussen Reports

@Rasmussen_Poll
 Today’s @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%

This day last year: 19% http://bit.ly/preztrack  @POTUS @realDonaldTrump

10:19 AM - Aug 15, 2018
25.4K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Rasmussen’s determination of an upward trend in Trump’s African-American support is consistent with other survey findings.

An NAACP poll released earlier this month showed the president’s approval rating at 21 percent among blacks. The NAACP downplayed that number’s importance, of course, but it was remarkable all the same.

In early May, according to KUSI in San Diego, a Reuters poll showed Trump’s backing among black men leapt to 22 percent from 11 percent after rapper Kanye West said he was on the Trump train.

According to exit polling conducted by NBC News, Trump received just 8 percent of the African American vote in the 2016, so there is definitely a lot of room for improvement.

By contrast, the highest percentage of the African-American vote garnered by a Republican presidential candidate in recent decades is 12 percent by former Sen. Bob Dole in 1996.

In 1956, Dwight Eisenhower — who took decisive action in support of African Americans’ civil rights as president — won an impressive 39 percent of the black vote, which is the highest post World War II tally for a Republican.

“If Trump can snag 15% of the black vote in 2020, the Democrats will have almost no chance,” Kirk tweeted.

2,481 people are talking about this
Trump has repeatedly touted that his administration’s policies have helped lead to the lowest level of African-American unemployment ever recorded.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 African American unemployment is the lowest ever recorded in our country. The Hispanic unemployment rate dropped a full point in the last year and is close to the lowest in recorded history. Dems did nothing for you but get your vote!  #NeverForget  @foxandfriends

9:20 AM - Jan 8, 2018
60.2K people are talking about this
RELATED: Hate: CNN Commentator Explodes Over Trump Supporter’s Minority Son

The disparity between the overall unemployment rate and black unemployment has also been the lowest on record.

Last month, frequent Fox News guest Candace Owens predicted there will be a “major black exit” from the Democrat Party in 2020.

Owens told Fox, “There is going to be a major black exit from the Democrat Party, and they are going to actually have to actually compete for their votes in 2020.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/poll-trumps-black-approval-at-31-previous-gop-election-best-was-12-in-1996/

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1462 on: August 16, 2018, 09:32:42 PM »
Poll: Trump’s Black Approval at 36%, Previous GOP Election Best Was 12% in 1996

President Donald Trump’s approval rating among likely black voters registered at 36 percent this week, which is a 17-point increase from the time last year, when it was only 19 percent.

Rasmussen Reports published the finding on Wednesday among its daily tracking poll results.

Rasmussen Reports

@Rasmussen_Poll
 Today’s @realDonaldTrump approval ratings among black voters: 36%

This day last year: 19% http://bit.ly/preztrack  @POTUS @realDonaldTrump

10:19 AM - Aug 15, 2018
25.4K people are talking about this
Rasmussen’s determination of an upward trend in Trump’s African-American support is consistent with other survey findings.

An NAACP poll released earlier this month showed the president’s approval rating at 21 percent among blacks. The NAACP downplayed that number’s importance, of course, but it was remarkable all the same.

In early May, according to KUSI in San Diego, a Reuters poll showed Trump’s backing among black men leapt to 22 percent from 11 percent after rapper Kanye West said he was on the Trump train.

According to exit polling conducted by NBC News, Trump received just 8 percent of the African American vote in the 2016, so there is definitely a lot of room for improvement.

By contrast, the highest percentage of the African-American vote garnered by a Republican presidential candidate in recent decades is 12 percent by former Sen. Bob Dole in 1996.

In 1956, Dwight Eisenhower — who took decisive action in support of African Americans’ civil rights as president — won an impressive 39 percent of the black vote, which is the highest post World War II tally for a Republican.

“If Trump can snag 15% of the black vote in 2020, the Democrats will have almost no chance,” Kirk tweeted.

2,481 people are talking about this
Trump has repeatedly touted that his administration’s policies have helped lead to the lowest level of African-American unemployment ever recorded.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 African American unemployment is the lowest ever recorded in our country. The Hispanic unemployment rate dropped a full point in the last year and is close to the lowest in recorded history. Dems did nothing for you but get your vote!  #NeverForget  @foxandfriends

9:20 AM - Jan 8, 2018
60.2K people are talking about this
RELATED: Hate: CNN Commentator Explodes Over Trump Supporter’s Minority Son

The disparity between the overall unemployment rate and black unemployment has also been the lowest on record.

Last month, frequent Fox News guest Candace Owens predicted there will be a “major black exit” from the Democrat Party in 2020.

Owens told Fox, “There is going to be a major black exit from the Democrat Party, and they are going to actually have to actually compete for their votes in 2020.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/poll-trumps-black-approval-at-31-previous-gop-election-best-was-12-in-1996/

If just 18% of blacks vote Republican, the Democratic party will have lost about one million votes.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1463 on: August 21, 2018, 04:13:16 AM »
>FEDERAL JUDGES APPOINTED BY TRUMP ARE STARTING TO LEAVE THEIR MARK

>Trump’s total of 22 successfully appointed appeals court judges — as of last month — is more than either of the last two presidents at this point in their terms, according to an analysis last month by the Pew Research Center.

>“The real kind of big news is the sheer amount of change that’s happening on the court of appeals,” said Harsh Voruganti, founder and editor of the Vetting Room, a website that tracks judicial appointments. “I think we’re going to see a fair amount of change in jurisprudence.”

>Trump has reportedly received input in selecting nominees from right-leaning groups such as the Federalist Society. While conservative groups have celebrated his picks, liberal court-watchers are worried.

>“What we’ve seen in only a very limited amount of time is deeply disturbing, and confirms concerns that we had before these individuals were approved by the Senate,” said Daniel Goldberg, legal director for the Alliance for Justice, a liberal-leaning judicial advocacy group.  :D

http://archive.is/gReGD
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1464 on: August 21, 2018, 04:15:03 AM »
>TRUMP ADMINISTRATION MOVES TO PENALIZE IMMIGRANTS FOR USING GOVERNMENT BENEFITS

>Many of the details haven't been finalized. But the idea has already sparked warnings about the consequences for immigrant families, and the nation's health care system.

>Earlier this year, the State Department updated instructions to consular officials, telling them to consider denying applicants a visa if they're expected to use a wider range of public benefits once they get to the U.S.

>Meanwhile, the Department of Homeland Security has been working on the new rules for immigrants already in the country. These rules, which are still being finalized, could prevent them from getting a green card if they sign up for benefits.

>More than half of all immigrant households use at least one benefit program, according to the Department of Homeland Security. In a statement DHS called that "deeply unfair to U.S. taxpayers."

http://archive.is/NLqHK
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1465 on: August 21, 2018, 05:11:22 AM »
Trump. Literally. Hitler.
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1466 on: August 21, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Business investment is giving fresh legs to the U.S. economy and its aging bull market. Companies are pouring a big chunk of what they saved from last year’s tax cuts into new plant, equipment and software. That provides welcome momentum – and some insurance against trade troubles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-breakingviews/breakingviews-investment-gives-u-s-market-economy-fresh-legs-idUSKCN1L61WF

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1467 on: August 22, 2018, 03:36:20 AM »
while the (((media))) is jerking it off to sleazy lawyers paying off sleazy women *sips tea*
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1468 on: August 22, 2018, 06:42:21 AM »

While many analysts say superior earnings growth stateside may continue to see U.S. stocks outperform and that the cross-asset action is just a pause, a growing cohort say the ‘America First’ trade can’t continue.

The recent divergence in the performance of U.S. equities versus the rest of the world is unprecedented in history,” writes Marko Kolanovic, global head of quantitative and derivatives strategy at JPMorgan Chase & Co., highlighting a record divergence in U.S. price momentum relative to Europe and emerging markets. “Given that this is such a rare occurrence (has never happened for both Europe and Asia), it suggests to us this is a market condition that will not persist.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-22/trump-topples-u-s-exceptionalism-in-markets-as-world-catches-up

In other words, something will give – either the US will fall or EM and Europe equities will catch up and move higher (the historical sample of these events is too small to statistically infer which way this convergence will most likely happen).  We believe this market setup has been driven, in part by fundamentals, but also significantly by technical drivers.

In fundamentals, he lays out all the usual talking points we have noted in recent weeks that explain why the S&P just hit a new intraday high, oblivious of events in emerging markets: these include "Trump’s tariffs and sanctions causing broad equity risk aversion and a rally in the USD against a backdrop of strong support for US equities from buybacks, tax-related earnings boosts, as well as inflows from systematic strategies since April."

While buybacks, facilitated by Trump's tax repatriation, as well as strong earnings thanks to Trump's $1.5 trillion fiscal stimulus are certainly a key aspect driven US equity outperformance, the other key reason for strong US performance is the Fed pushing the USD higher as other central banks around the world are on hold. Then there is the ongoing trade war:

The trade war is also negatively impacting China equities and CNY, and there are a number of largely idiosyncratic developments from Turkey, Italy, Argentina, Russia, etc. that weigh on equities and currencies outside of the US.

As Kolanovic summarizes, "buybacks are creating a shortage of US stocks, the Fed is creating a shortage of US dollars, and Trump’s trade wars and sanctions are further boosting the USD."
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-21/has-never-happened-jpms-kolanovic-spots-unprecedented-divergence

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1469 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:21 AM »
As U.S. Bull Market Powers Ahead, Rest of World Is Left Behind

The divergence between the U.S. and the rest of the world has grown more stark this year. U.S. economic growth hit its fastest pace in nearly four years in the second quarter and earnings are soaring.

“This has been a period of rapid profit growth that has pretty much outstripped any other period in U.S. economic history,” Ms. Anderson said.

That has helped U.S. markets pull away from the rest of the world, something many investors say could continue.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-u-s-bull-market-powers-ahead-rest-of-world-is-left-behind-1534938880

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1470 on: August 24, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Jim Brown Backs Trump in 2020, Claims Support Will ‘Make Me Very Unpopular in the Black Community’

NFL legend Jim Brown has endorsed President Donald Trump’s re-election in 2020, but he admits that the endorsement will make him unpopular among liberal black activists.
Brown made his endorsement during an appearance on the JT The Brick Show on Fox Sports Radio this week, but, the Hall of Fame running back did so despite knowing that the left would attack him, according to Daily Wire.

“I should be criticizing Trump on every level because he does certain things that call for criticism,” Brown said, “but when I look at television I see all these announcers become experts, and they’re pointing the fingers, and they’re not doing a doggone thing but pointing their fingers, I find myself really pulling for the president.

“Now, that would make me very unpopular in the black community, very unpopular with a lot of Americans,” Brown continued, “but I think that there are certain good things that are coming out of this presidency because we’ve never seen anything like it.”

Brown added that he feels it is his duty as a good American to endorse Trump despite the consequences. “I believe that I have to work on myself first to be as good a person as I could be to back up my country as best as I know how.”

Brown has been very vocal lately about how much he dislikes the NFL’s constant protests during the national anthem. So, maybe this endorsement is not a big surprise, after all.

Brown’s endorsement is just another example of blacks drifting from liberal orthodoxy in this era of Trump.

Liberals erupted in anger when rapper Kanye West said that he likes Trump and that blacks don’t have to vote for Democrats. Chance the Rapper suffered a similar backlash when he also said that blacks do not all have to lemming-like vote for Democrats. And just look at the daily attacks that black conservative Candace Owens is suffering every single day.

The left was also alarmed by recent polls showing that black support for Trump is growing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1471 on: August 24, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »
Jim Brown Backs Trump in 2020, Claims Support Will ‘Make Me Very Unpopular in the Black Community’

NFL legend Jim Brown has endorsed President Donald Trump’s re-election in 2020, but he admits that the endorsement will make him unpopular among liberal black activists.
Brown made his endorsement during an appearance on the JT The Brick Show on Fox Sports Radio this week, but, the Hall of Fame running back did so despite knowing that the left would attack him, according to Daily Wire.

“I should be criticizing Trump on every level because he does certain things that call for criticism,” Brown said, “but when I look at television I see all these announcers become experts, and they’re pointing the fingers, and they’re not doing a doggone thing but pointing their fingers, I find myself really pulling for the president.

“Now, that would make me very unpopular in the black community, very unpopular with a lot of Americans,” Brown continued, “but I think that there are certain good things that are coming out of this presidency because we’ve never seen anything like it.”

Brown added that he feels it is his duty as a good American to endorse Trump despite the consequences. “I believe that I have to work on myself first to be as good a person as I could be to back up my country as best as I know how.”

Brown has been very vocal lately about how much he dislikes the NFL’s constant protests during the national anthem. So, maybe this endorsement is not a big surprise, after all.

Brown’s endorsement is just another example of blacks drifting from liberal orthodoxy in this era of Trump.

Liberals erupted in anger when rapper Kanye West said that he likes Trump and that blacks don’t have to vote for Democrats. Chance the Rapper suffered a similar backlash when he also said that blacks do not all have to lemming-like vote for Democrats. And just look at the daily attacks that black conservative Candace Owens is suffering every single day.

The left was also alarmed by recent polls showing that black support for Trump is growing.

:o  He better buckle up.  lol

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1472 on: August 24, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »

The Left will smoke their Trump pipe, and Jim Brown will just ask, "Whatcha gonna do?"

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1473 on: August 27, 2018, 02:37:34 AM »
 ???
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V