Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 759710 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #1875 on: January 29, 2019, 04:01:49 AM »
 :D
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1876 on: January 30, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1877 on: January 30, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »
Private companies added 213,000 jobs in January, beating expectations of 180,000

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/30/private-companies-add-213000-jobs-in-january-easily-topping-expectations-adpmoodys-analytics.html

It is true that employment is up, which is good. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much for GM employees who face layoffs. In November 2018 it was reported that GM will lay off 1,600 workers at 3 factories. They offered buyouts to 18,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #1878 on: January 30, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
It is true that employment is up, which is good. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much for GM employees who face layoffs. In November 2018 it was reported that GM will lay off 1,600 workers at 3 factories. They offered buyouts to 18,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1879 on: January 30, 2019, 02:43:58 PM »

“Unfortunately, that doesn't do much for GM employees who face layoffs. In November 2018 it was reported that GM will lay off 1,600 workers at 3 factories”

Wrong,
Well logically it does do something for them as Employment & Job Numbers rise
It May give the Better chances to Find new jobs.

Far better than if the jobs markets was shrinking.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1880 on: January 30, 2019, 02:51:51 PM »
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

;D

Nothing.  Prime just likes to post bad news in a good news thread because he suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1881 on: January 30, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
“Unfortunately, that doesn't do much for GM employees who face layoffs. In November 2018 it was reported that GM will lay off 1,600 workers at 3 factories”

Wrong,
Well logically it does do something for them as Employment & Job Numbers rise
It May give the Better chances to Find new jobs.

Far better than if the jobs markets was shrinking.

First of all I must say I really do like Primemuscle and we have had some really good talks behind the scenes but I must say, at times he really is the perfect caricature of the spoiled brat Baby Boomer who was born at the perfect exact time in this country to enjoy all the milk and honey benefits handed down from the The Great Generation who suffered the Great Depression and fought in World War 2.

Many of those Baby Boomers were just kids that never had to grow up because everything was basically given to them.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1882 on: January 30, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »
First of all I must say I really do like Primemuscle and we have had some really good talks behind the scenes but I must say, at times he really is the perfect caricature of the spoiled brat Baby Boomer who was born at the perfect exact time in this country to enjoy all the milk and honey benefits handed down from the The Great Generation who suffered the Great Depression and fought in World War 2.

Many of those Baby Boomers were just kids that never had to grow up because everything was basically given to them.

Likewise I’m generally ok with prime - As you have, I’ve had many a difference with him
And many a conversation off board.
I tend to believe both him & Agnostic are Good People at Heart, Though out of touch
& Not Thinking / Living in the Real World & Actually seeing & taking on Board how society
Is breaking down with all this Liberal Leftist Madness.

Though all that said it has zero to do with his statement & my reply.
 :D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1883 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

we should have given them a handful of billions again ::)
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1884 on: January 30, 2019, 03:40:22 PM »

WTF are you talking about?  That gives them more and better job opportunities, you gloomy drama queen.  WTF's wrong with you?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1885 on: January 30, 2019, 03:56:19 PM »
we should have given them a handful of billions again ::)

1600 people laid off during the slow months from a multi billion dollar union company...Oh the horrors of it all!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1886 on: January 30, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »
213,000 > 1,600
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1887 on: January 30, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
;D

Nothing.  Prime just likes to post bad news in a good news thread because he suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

Shut up....I led with good news. Is this yet one more example of your propensity to misinterpret my posts?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1888 on: January 30, 2019, 05:57:22 PM »
Shut up....I led with good news. Is this yet one more example of your propensity to misinterpret my posts?

No I will not shut up.  Because you are suffering from TDS, you just cannot stomach all of the great things that are happening as direct result of the POTUS.  But it's ok.  You have plenty of company. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1889 on: January 30, 2019, 06:13:00 PM »
No I will not shut up.  Because you are suffering from TDS, you just cannot stomach all of the great things that are happening as direct result of the POTUS.  But it's ok.  You have plenty of company. 

Yes I do, because somewhere between 54 and 59 percent of the folks polled disapprove of Trump's job performance today. Yes I know, polls don't mean shit unless they are in your favor.  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1890 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
Yes I do, because somewhere between 54 and 59 percent of the folks polled disapprove of Trump's job performance today. Yes I know, polls don't mean shit unless they are in your favor.  ;)

Nah.  I would just put the polls in context in two ways:

1.  They are incredibly wrong when it came to Trump.  People were and even more so now are being vote shamed, so people lie about supporting him. 

2.  His "news" coverage has been more than 90 percent negative for pretty much his entire presidency.  It's comical to me that they bombard the public with bad news while downplaying or even ignoring good news (like you try and do in this thread), then say:  oh by the way, how is his job performance? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1891 on: January 30, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1892 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:02 PM »
Nah.  I would just put the polls in context in two ways:

1.  They are incredibly wrong when it came to Trump.  People were and even more so now are being vote shamed, so people lie about supporting him. 

2.  His "news" coverage has been more than 90 percent negative for pretty much his entire presidency.  It's comical to me that they bombard the public with bad news while downplaying or even ignoring good news (like you try and do in this thread), then say:  oh by the way, how is his job performance? 

So far, some polls were wrong in once instance... it's like discounting science because we learned that flies are not created by chicken soup left out...   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1893 on: January 31, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
So far, some polls were wrong in once instance... it's like discounting science because we learned that flies are not created by chicken soup left out...   

Yeah, "some polls were wrong once instance."   ::)  It was pretty much every poll except the LA Times and IBD, almost every pundit including Nate Silver who I really like and is generally very accurate, and pretty much every part of the MSM.  And it wasn't just an "instance."  It was the friggin presidential election.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1894 on: January 31, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »
Yeah, "some polls were wrong once instance."   ::)  It was pretty much every poll except the LA Times and IBD, almost every pundit including Nate Silver who I really like and is generally very accurate, and pretty much every part of the MSM.  And it wasn't just an "instance."  It was the friggin presidential election.  

Did the 2016 election occur more than once? Some candidates and voters might have wished for a do over, but that didn't happen. How many polls are there, besides those most often cited? How many were wrong? Why was Trump surprised at the election results? ....Trump revealed Tuesday night in Wisconsin, that like many in the country and worldwide, he "sort of" thought he was going to lose.  Curt Mills, Staff Writer USN Dec. 14, 2016, at 8:53 a.m.
More

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1895 on: January 31, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »
Did the 2016 election occur more than once? Some candidates and voters might have wished for a do over, but that didn't happen. How many polls are there, besides those most often cited? How many were wrong? Why was Trump surprised at the election results? ....Trump revealed Tuesday night in Wisconsin, that like many in the country and worldwide, he "sort of" thought he was going to lose.  Curt Mills, Staff Writer USN Dec. 14, 2016, at 8:53 a.m.
More

The 2016 presidential election occurred once for most people, which included over 120 million voters.  It occurred more than once for the liberals-statists-progressives who still haven't come to grips that Trump won. 

ALL of major polls were wrong except for the LA Times and IBD.  But I said that already. 

Almost everyone (except poly on this board) was surprised he won.  Nobody expected him to win.  So trying to downplay this as "one" election and "some" polls is out of context and dishonest.  But Agnostic does that sometimes. 

You done asking softball questions or are you going to pitch a few more?  I haven't hit for the cycle in a little bit. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #1896 on: January 31, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
Nobody challenged your second point. They are only disapproving of his job performance because they are angry at him as a person and because of what they are told to believe about him. Nothing that has to do with his actual job performance because it is not conveyed. You can't disapprove of his job performance currently when you are looking at numbers, etc. if you are based in reality.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1897 on: January 31, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
The 2016 presidential election occurred once for most people, which included over 120 million voters.  It occurred more than once for the liberals-statists-progressives who still haven't come to grips that Trump won. 

ALL of major polls were wrong except for the LA Times and IBD.  But I said that already. 

Almost everyone (except poly on this board) was surprised he won.  Nobody expected him to win.  So trying to downplay this as "one" election and "some" polls is out of context and dishonest.  But Agnostic does that sometimes. 

You done asking softball questions or are you going to pitch a few more?  I haven't hit for the cycle in a little bit. 

One occurrence is and instance. Whether someone or a group of folks can or cannot come to grips with that election doesn't mean there were additional occurrences.

You said, "It was pretty much every poll...." Now you are saying,  "ALL of major polls were wrong...." Major polls and every poll does not mean the same thing. At least you are consistent regarding which two polls were right.

It was 'one' election. It was some 'some' polls, meaning not all polls. To say otherwise is dishonest. It is not out of context. Definition of Context by Merriam-Webster:Context now most commonly refers to the environment or setting in which something (whether words or events) exists. When we say that something is contextualized, we mean that it is placed in an appropriate setting, one in which it may be properly considered.
What Agnostic posts is irrelevant in this instance.

It is good that you find my questions easy to understand and answer. What would be the point in asking you questions you couldn't answer?

You said, "I haven't hit for the cycle in a little bit." If this means what I think it means, you are to be commended.  

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #1898 on: January 31, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »
Polls are used to shape public opinion more than reflect it.  This is why they always tighten as the election gets closer.  Early on they are trying to persuade voters to think a certain way by seeing what "everyone else" thinks.  Towards the end they have to be more reflective of what people really are saying or they will lose credibility for being so inaccurate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1899 on: January 31, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »
Nobody challenged your second point. They are only disapproving of his job performance because they are angry at him as a person and because of what they are told to believe about him. Nothing that has to do with his actual job performance because it is not conveyed. You can't disapprove of his job performance currently when you are looking at numbers, etc. if you are based in reality.

Trump, as acting President, recently shut down the government for a little more than a month. One would hope people either approve or disapprove of this because it reflects on his job performance and not because they are angry at him as a person. Trump promised a wall and that Mexico would pay for it. Understandably, some folks are angry that he hasn't pulled this off and therefore disapprove of his job performance. As a person, he'd have no ability whatsoever to get a border wall built. I assume by numbers, you mean the economy which has been doing well. Without doubt, the economy is and always has been the biggest driving force of a President's job approval or disapproval ratings.