Author Topic: Bodybuilding.com lays off about 90 in Boise  (Read 5440 times)

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
Bodybuilding.com lays off about 90 in Boise
« on: December 01, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »
Boise-based company Bodybuilding.com laid off about 15 percent of their employees Thursday morning.

Employees have been trickling out of the building since about about 9:45 a.m., some carrying boxes. Director of Offline Marketing Keith Sivera - who was not among those who lost their jobs - confirmed that about 90 people were laid off Thursday. It's unclear whether the company is planning additional layoffs. Bodybuilding.com released an official statement Thursday morning.

"Today Bodybuilding.com announced an organizational downsizing," the statement read. "The change is part of an ongoing planned restructure designed to strengthen Bodybuilding.com's core business and reach a wider set of customers." According to the Department of Labor, Bodybuilding.com employs about 500 people in Boise. The company launched in 1999.

Mike Caughey, who worked in legal compliance, told KTVB he received a pink slip Thursday morning after nearly a decade with Bodybuilding.com. The layoffs were announced during a morning  meeting, he said, and employees were instructed to wait for emails that would tell each of them whether or not they still had a job. Caughey said it was an emotional morning inside the Bodybuilding.com headquarters, but he doesn't blame his former employer.

"Some people were crying, and some people that didn't get laid off were crying because they will miss other people, but I'm not angry at all," he said. "It's just one of those things that happens in the business world." Caughey said there had been concerns about possible layoffs after current CEO Richard Jalichandra stepped in last year, because "his background was turning around companies." Founder and former CEO Ryan DeLuca resigned in 2015.

The people who were laid off were given time to collect their belongings and leave the office. Despite the unexpected news, Caughey said he had enjoyed working for Bodybuilding.com. "It was beyond great, I never dread Mondays," he said. "I love coming in every week, I loved seeing my coworkers. Everybody was smiling and felt lucky to work there. I mean, it's been the end of a really great time in my life."

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/bodybuildingcom-lays-off-about-90-in-boise/361027780

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuilding.com lays off about 90 in Boise
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:20:13 PM »
Never heard of that site. 

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 01:53:45 AM »
Site is a mess, and has been for a while. They somehow Frankensteined the old stuff that was actually serious about bodybuilding with the new, generation nothingness-styled content, but its becoming one big advertisement. The way the forums are coded to interact with the main site is a mess, it takes like an hour for an updated profile pic to even appear.

Plus the forum's rules are not explicitly stated and the mods "lonewolf" and ban indiscriminately. One day I was IP banned for making a thread asking a question about whether or not I could work out on blood thinners because "No drug talk!" That "misc" subforum has long been overrun by 4Chan type trolls and its an endless stream of bullshit threads now.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:21:08 AM »
sooner rather than later getbig will be the last one standing!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:40:31 AM »
Its ok, PJ, Aaron and Vince will have a home for them should they choose to relocate.

Skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 06:28:41 AM »
Site is a mess, and has been for a while. They somehow Frankensteined the old stuff that was actually serious about bodybuilding with the new, generation nothingness-styled content, but its becoming one big advertisement. The way the forums are coded to interact with the main site is a mess, it takes like an hour for an updated profile pic to even appear.

Plus the forum's rules are not explicitly stated and the mods "lonewolf" and ban indiscriminately. One day I was IP banned for making a thread asking a question about whether or not I could work out on blood thinners because "No drug talk!" That "misc" subforum has long been overrun by 4Chan type trolls and its an endless stream of bullshit threads now.

I find that they speak a completely different language on the misc. I can't understand what most people are saying.

I spent an entire unproductive day at work laughing my ass off to this thread though.  :o
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Got_my_girlfriend_to_model_for_my_car

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
I couldn't care a less about their forums, but their service/shipping has always been top notch.  Shipments have always arrived in 3 days or less.  Their prices are much lower than local brick and mortar health/supplement stores around here.  My main purchases are protein, BCAA's and creatine.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
hey mr anabolic i was  wonderhing how fast there shipping is , i buy my stuff off amazon. i have prime membership. so i get it in two days

sometimes bb.com has better deals on some stuff

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 07:30:57 AM »
Because of the internet and social media bodybuilders are realizing that the snake oil from these companies are pretty much worthless and what they need is a good diet real food to make gains, a lot of supplement companies profits are down and some are going out of business.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »
the only thing i used is mr hyde, thats about it

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »
I find that they speak a completely different language on the misc. I can't understand what most people are saying.

I spent an entire unproductive day at work laughing my ass off to this thread though.  :o
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Got_my_girlfriend_to_model_for_my_car

BWAHAHHAHAA awesome  ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 08:08:06 AM »
hey mr anabolic i was  wonderhing how fast there shipping is , i buy my stuff off amazon. i have prime membership. so i get it in two days

sometimes bb.com has better deals on some stuff

If I order it early in the day, I often receive the package the very next day.  They have 3 warehouses they ship from.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »
no such thing as over the counter drugs.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:59 AM »
Organizational downsizing of peace.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:32:51 AM »
After banning Goodrum for selling steroids it was only downhill for those assfucks.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 12:01:51 PM »
Business went down since Bob Chick was running that place for $5,000,000 a year
"

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 12:54:01 PM »
I couldn't care a less about their forums, but their service/shipping has always been top notch.  Shipments have always arrived in 3 days or less.  Their prices are much lower than local brick and mortar health/supplement stores around here.  My main purchases are protein, BCAA's and creatine.
Ever heard of Amazon.com, lowest prices on the net. Anyone buying anywhere else is truly clueless.
T

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 05:37:40 PM »
Ever heard of Amazon.com, lowest prices on the net. Anyone buying anywhere else is truly clueless.

Does Amazon have 10-20% coupons and buy 1 get 1 free deals?

Who's clueless again?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 09:22:31 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
Does Amazon have 10-20% coupons and buy 1 get 1 free deals?

Who's clueless again?
Amazon does offer coupons on purchases. Theyalso have buy one get one free on items. I don't shop anywhere else expect on Amazon. With Prime the prices are unbeatable. Amazon is going to put all online retailers out of business very soon.
T

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 09:11:32 AM »
Amazon does offer coupons on purchases. Theyalso have buy one get one free on items. I don't shop anywhere else expect on Amazon. With Prime the prices are unbeatable. Amazon is going to put all online retailers out of business very soon.

i have to agree , i do almost all my shopping there now

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
Thought it was an obscure website, quite shocked to learn they had FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE on their pay list!!!!

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
Their AAS section was actually pretty decent back when.
  The day they deleted that section was the day the Gear Gods wept...and the site sucked natty dick ever since.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »
Trump is en route as I type this

He will offer them huge tax cuts and allow them to sell protein powder made from woodchips and cow dung if they promise to bring back at least 45 of those who were layed off.  It will be announced on CNN within the hour.