Author Topic: de la hoya fight  (Read 1868 times)

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
de la hoya fight
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »
hey guys,
               i was thinking of betting on that De La Hoya vs Maygora fight,,any predictions from you guys. Oscar is the favorite but he has been out of the ring for a while,,what do u think?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: de la hoya fight
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:16:20 AM »
hey guys,
               i was thinking of betting on that De La Hoya vs Maygora fight,,any predictions from you guys. Oscar is the favorite but he has been out of the ring for a while,,what do u think?

His boxing skills will probably win him the fight, Mayorga has trouble with good boxers.  Although I don't see Oscar winning by a one punch knockout due to Mayorga's sick ass chin.  I expect the fight to look something like the Mayorga/Trinidad fight,  Ricardo will comeout hold his own for a round or two by throwing shitloads of wild looping punches, then Delahoya will start picking him apart and end up either Tko'ing  Mayorga in the latter rounds, or just winning a lopsided decision. 
Predictions
 40/61

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »
Mayorga will walk right through de la hoya with little problem!  Mark my words, this will be Oscars last big payday!  My money and .02cents worth are on Mayorga!

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »
I would follow Chuteboxe's prediction, and put money on a points decision or possible late round TKO (round 9 onwards) for Oscar. The Mayorga of today is not the Mayorga that battered Six Heads and Forrest, the beating Trinidad gave him is the type that ruins a fighter.

If you want to go for a real long shot, I would put a little money on Judah stopping Mayweather. It's highly unlikely to happen, but not entirely implausible.