Author Topic: Ok you pot head experts/business mofos...  (Read 1835 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Ok you pot head experts/business mofos...
« on: December 05, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
Now that a few more states have passed laws making pot legal for recreational use, what do you think the industry will be like in those places?  Think it will be worthwhile to start up a business there or will the market be flooded and saturated in three months?

I know in Colorado when they legalized it, the economy went boom.  People made some good coin.  Even the average person just from investing in penny stocks in companies that grow pot saw a nice return. 

BB related - great for helping hard gainers bulk and force feed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Ok you pot head experts/business mofos...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »
Now that a few more states have passed laws making pot legal for recreational use, what do you think the industry will be like in those places?  Think it will be worthwhile to start up a business there or will the market be flooded and saturated in three months?

I know in Colorado when they legalized it, the economy went boom.  People made some good coin.  Even the average person just from investing in penny stocks in companies that grow pot saw a nice return. 

BB related - great for helping hard gainers bulk and force feed.

It is something I've thought about, but feel there must be those with much more resources and expertise who have been planning for this to happen.

I'm unsure of the impact it will have in the Northeast, as opposed to a state like Colorado, where it's (seemingly) been more open for a while now.
Y

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 01:32:41 PM »
Its an amazing business to be in

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »
This may have changed, but in Colorado in the beginning once you were making money you could not deposit it in banks.  Something about pot being illegal on a federal level and the FDIC would not allow earnings from the sale of anything illegal to be banked in any accounts.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »
You dont tell them where the cash is from, how hard is that?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 03:49:48 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
You dont tell them where the cash is from, how hard is that?

Anything over $4K you have to declare I believe.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
Growing ? Very difficult and many are trying to get into it and failing

Land price in Colorado has tripled - so typical business space you'd need to commercially grow indoors would beb$300,90 for starters , then you have diff stages of plants - seedlings:clones, vegetative state, and flower

You need spectate light for each and each has diff light cycles and timing as well , don't forget temperature control , humidity , then you have nutrients and filtered water - typical flowering cycles are 8-12 weeks it's not some rinky dink hippie op you can just wing like most try to

This just goes for growing this beautiful plant - money from penny stocks would be in ancillaries like extraction equipment for concentrates or vacuum ovens or commercial candy equipment

Growing is a science just like getting big is  :)

TSNWGS

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 07:11:59 PM »
In California they won't make a dime the city government in Los Angeles will tax the hell out of it and the shop owners and basically have their own government ran shops! California will never benefit like Colorado because of the greedy crooked city officials and politicians who run the city, they will just become more greedy and corrupt!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 08:26:54 PM »

Land price in Colorado has tripled - so typical business space you'd need to commercially grow indoors would beb$300,90 for starters , then you have diff stages of plants - seedlings:clones, vegetative state, and flower

You need spectate light for each and each has diff light cycles and timing as well , don't forget temperature control , humidity , then you have nutrients and filtered water - typical flowering cycles are 8-12 weeks it's not some rinky dink hippie op you can just wing like most try to

This just goes for growing this beautiful plant - money from penny stocks would be in ancillaries like extraction equipment for concentrates or vacuum ovens or commercial candy equipment

Great info.  I hear that in Michigan they are raiding a lot of the legal shops already.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 07:46:42 PM »
Dated a lady (52yrs old, HH boobs... I'll have to tell the story sometime...) who supplied 90% of the dispensaries in the coachella valley.

Yea, its an ok business.

The money thing? Maybe I'll pay a tutorial on how to use a Nevada Corp to launder money.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
Anything over $4K you have to declare I believe.

In what world does that happen?10k cash they ask you and I tell them none of your business.

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 11:52:09 AM »
In what world does that happen?10k cash they ask you and I tell them none of your business.

I was drawing £4k out of my building society, the teller asked me what it was for, I told her it was ransom money to get my daughter back, she just stared at me.....then gave me the money..

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 01:01:25 PM »

Well said.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 07:04:25 AM »

Doesn't matter what you say.  You put more than 4K in you declare it.  I am not talking about verbally declare it, but it goes directly on the books as an outstanding cash counter credit.  Get enough of these, Feds take notice....