Author Topic: Trump's son-in-law, the peacemaker  (Read 869 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Trump's son-in-law, the peacemaker
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
Trump may not be a racist after all.

"The Jewish community has had a bit more of a nuanced take on Kushner, who grew up going to day school and observing Shabbat (which he still does, with Ivanka, who converted before they got married, and their children). Some have expressed relief that a Jewish adviser to the president, whose campaign was often accused of racist dog whistles and whose whose campaign executive was accused of stoking anti-Semitism, will also have Trump’s ear. (In his Forbes interview, Kushner defended his father-in-law and his campaign. “Trump has disavowed their support 25 times. He’s renounced hatred, he’s renounced bigotry, and he’s renounced racism,” he said. “You can't not be an anti-Semite for 69 years and all of a sudden become an anti-Semite because you’re running.”) Others have their doubts about whether Kushner will put his faith before his father-in-law. “He would not be the guy where you’d be like, ‘Oh, thank God he’s there,’ the source who has known Kushner since adolescence recently told me, in talking about his faith and the Jewish community’s reaction to his new role. “He wouldn’t be a first- or second- or third-round draft pick.”

Trump has a different idea. When asked about Kushner and his place in his administration in an on-the-record interview with The Times last month, the president-elect responded, “I think he can be very helpful. I would love to be able to be the one that made peace with Israel and the Palestinians. I would love that, that would be such a great achievement. Because nobody’s been able to do it.“ When asked if Kushner would be part of that, he said, “I think he’d be very good at it. I mean he knows it so well. He knows the region, knows the people, knows the players.“

Some of those players have recently agreed. Israel’s foreign minister, Tzipi Hotovely, told This Week in Asia that Kushner gives her hope for a stronger relationship between Israel and the United States. “We would be so happy if someone could bring peace to the Middle East. We welcome him.” Ron Dermer, Israel’s ambassador to the U.S., told The Times, “There’s no question that he feels a strong commitment to Israel’s security and Israel’s future.”"

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/jared-kushner-education-donald-trump?mbid=nl_TH_5845ed920f5275fb64422065&CNDID=17877087&spMailingID=9994849&spUserID=MTMzMTgyNDA4NjQ5S0&spJobID=1060464123&spReportId=MTA2MDQ2NDEyMwS2

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump's son-in-law, the peacemaker
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:54:10 AM »
It is interesting that 66 folks have looked at this post and yet not one of you has anything to say.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 11:20:23 AM »
The racism thing is a bum rap, Prime.  It's all made up.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »
The racism thing is a bum rap, Prime.  It's all made up.

I assume you mean with regards to Trump. 

When I read this article, it struck me that a lot of Getbiggers seem racist and sometimes post anti-Semite remarks. I wondered how they'd feel about the new administration cozying up to Israel and Israelites.     

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »

When I read this article, it struck me that a lot of Getbiggers seem racist and sometimes post anti-Semite remarks. I wondered how they'd feel about the new administration cozying up to Israel and Israelites.     

I haven't noticed too many anti-Jewish remarks on here.  Way more anti-Black sentiments than anything else, even though they are fellow Americans and we share destination with them (for better or worse, IDK).

James

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
and sometimes post anti-Semite remarks

from whom?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »

from whom?

Can't say. This is not a topic that interests me enough to log information about.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »
There are a couple of guys on here, who do, but it isn't a flood of commentary IMO by any means.  Blacks take a nonstop beating, though.

Just strange when you look at the totality of the situation.

James

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »
Can't say. This is not a topic that interests me enough to log information about.

You wrote that some on here are Anti-semitic, now back it up.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
You wrote that someone on here is Anti-semitic, now back it up.

Or what? Believe what you want. It matters not to me.

James

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Or what? Believe what you want. It matters not to me.

So you just made up shit then,  typical liberal.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 01:12:30 PM »
Anti-Semitism and racist comments are difficult to find here because they are routinely removed.

Gentlemen,

I hate to have to be the guy to push buttons every damn day, but everyone has to ease up on the racism.

We don't want this site becoming another stormfront.  One thing is for someone to make a bullshit comment here and there that might have racial undertones, but another thing is for every other thread to be about singling out African Americans.

I am going to clean things up a bit (move/remove threads), but will not directly move on any posters.

I'd like this to simply be a gentle reminder. Seriously, don't make our work any harder. I have a Bar mitzvah that I am helping to organize and due to over 30 "report to moderator" complaints, I had to put down the braided challah (which I conveniently dip into my Matzoh ball soup - I know, a travesty) and tend to these issues.

I begin to clean up the G&O now. No actions will taken against any members at this moment.

"1"

P.S. As of now, this isn't about any one or group of particular posters. I am simply going down my list of complaints and removing threads accordingly, without reading into them.

For anyone that doesn't think the Joos run the gov.

« on: April 27, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »  

They are handing picking their candidate to put in office and start a war with Iran.  How the fuck can the American people just sit by and let this shit happen?  Why even fucking bother to vote.  You know its all rigged.  pretty sure these rich Jews also control the vote counters.

Jewish liberals are mostly full of shit and liars.   Let their daughter bring home a broke black dude and see what they say.  Let some other pansie faggoty ass lib propose low income housing or a homeless shelter next to their home in the gated community and see the reaction.

Yes but there's a Jewish landlord and even he would evict God if he doesn't make rent.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »

You've been on getbig for a while so surely you know by now that Israelites=hebrews=dindus.

P.S.: (FACT!)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »
Lol at Prime touting his Vanity Fair piece.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
Lol at Prime touting his Vanity Fair piece.

Thanks for the compliment but I did not write it, so it is not mine.