Author Topic: Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs  (Read 1053 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dang.  And he isn't even in office yet. 

Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs

Image: Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs 
By Todd Beamon   |    Tuesday, 06 Dec 2016

President-elect Donald Trump said Tuesday that the big Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank Corp. will invest $50 billion in the United States, creating 50,000 jobs.

"This is Masa of SoftBank from Japan — and he's agreed to invest $50 billion in the United States and 50,000 jobs," Trump said, standing next to SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son at Trump Tower in New York. "He's one of the great men of industry, so I just want to thank you very much."

Trump also announced the deal on Twitter:

Donald J. Trump Verified account 
‏@realDonaldTrump   
Masa (SoftBank) of Japan has agreed to invest $50 billion in the U.S. toward businesses and 50,000 new jobs....

Son, 59, who founded SoftBank in 1981, told reporters that the company would invest in new firms and start-ups.

"I just came to celebrate his presidential job," Son said, "because he will do a lot of deregulation.

"I said, 'This is great.'

"We will invest $50 billion and create 50,000 jobs," he said.

Trump and Son met privately for about 45 minutes, The Wall Street Journal reports.

SoftBank, based in Tokyo, is Japan's No. 3 cellular telephone and company — and billionaire Son holds investments in several American corporations, including Sprint Corp.

He purchased his Sprint stake for $22 billion in 2013, Bloomberg News reports.

Last year, SoftBank was the leader in a $1 billion investment in Social Finance Inc., an online lending company based in San Francisco, the Journal reports.

Bloomberg reported earlier Tuesday that Son, who has made his fortune on investments in Japan and China, was meeting with Trump in New York.

The billionaire told the Journal that the U.S. investment would come from a $100 billion fund that he is organizing with a Saudi Arabian wealth fund and other partners.

In 2014, the Obama administration rejected an attempt by Son to merge Sprint and T-Mobile US Inc., the nation's No. 3 and No. 4 wireless companies.

Trump's announcement came after saying earlier Tuesday that he was canceling the "ridiculous" order for a new Air Force One — charging that "costs are out of control, more than $4 billion."

The federal government's contract for the 747 jet was to be about $3 billion.

Last Thursday, Trump and Carrier officials said last week that they were keeping the company's air-conditioning manufacturing plant — and its 1,100 jobs — in Indianapolis.

Carrier said in February that it was moving the plant to Mexico, displacing 1,400 workers.

The company's parent, United Technologies Inc., said that it would invest $16 million to upgrade the plant.

On Friday, the president-elect slammed Rexnord Corp. for its plan to move its plant, also in Indianapolis, to Mexico.

Rexnord, based in Milwaukee, makes industrial and aerospace products.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-softbank-japan-jobs/2016/12/06/id/762502/

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »
I wonder when our Fake News outlets will trash this?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
I actually only came in here to post this. You beat me too it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »
The man is on fire.

US Steel CEO: Could Rehire 10,000, Trump Victory Bringing ‘Environment of Positive Optimism’

by Pam Key
7 Dec 2016

Wednesday on CNBC’s “Power Lunch,” the CEO of U.S. Steel Mario Longhi said after the election of Donald Trump, he has “felt an environment of positive optimism where forces are converging to provide for a better environment,” which he hopes means he can rehire up to 10,000 employees.

Longhi said, “I have not felt an environment of positive optimism where forces are converging to provide for a better environment in quite a while. And this is pretty widespread. Customer suppliers, you know, throughout the communities.”

He added, “I’m more than happy to bring back the employees that we were forced to lay off during the depression … It could be close to 10,000.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/12/07/ceo-of-us-steel-could-rehire-10000-trump-victory-bringing-environment-of-positive-optimism/

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
no one is better than donald for the west..no one ..that includes all athletes

finaly finaly finaly its been so long ..i don't think even Reagan was so free to do true libertarian things like donald will do,,

donald = teddy Roosevelt ..this is whats coming and you should cherich  every moment of the next 4 years ,, we had a huge war in the last few years ..you hve no idea what was going on and how much some of us lost ..a real war ..

WE WON!

now enjoy the fruits

regulations going out the window
taxes in the ALL west  will be so low you will be laughing your ass

give it a year you will see things you never dreamed of ,, you been abused for too long

finaly it only took 100 years ...a fucking century! but we finaly got it

a real fucking leader from the people and for! the people

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 05:05:24 PM »

Funny thing, I don't see it being discussed much.

I belong to a baseball site with a subforum, and it's mostly a left circle jerk.  They haven't even mentioned this.  Just whined that Carrier is raising their prices 5% in Jan and that somehow makes trump a "bad businessman".....lol
Y

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 06:27:04 PM »
Funny thing, I don't see it being discussed much.

I belong to a baseball site with a subforum, and it's mostly a left circle jerk.  They haven't even mentioned this.  Just whined that Carrier is raising their prices 5% in Jan and that somehow makes trump a "bad businessman".....lol

You should come visit some of my leftist, Marxist haunts because we've been trashing it all day.  Wapo has cliffs if you're interested:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/technology/masayoshi-son-trump-softbank-japan/

Basically, Softbank- which owns Sprint- has been attempting to buy T-mobile for a few years and regulators have not allowed it because they say there have to be at least 4 carriers for competition. This is an obvious PR attempt to grease the wheel. Also, the plan was deliberately vague and people are speculating that the most likely reason is because it's like probably a joint venture with a Saudi company that was actually announced before the election.
HTH.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
Dang.  And he isn't even in office yet. 

Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs

Image: Trump: SoftBank of Japan to Invest $50B in US, Create 50,000 Jobs 
By Todd Beamon   |    Tuesday, 06 Dec 2016

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-softbank-japan-jobs/2016/12/06/id/762502/

LOL - Trumptards are natural born suckers

I wasn't aware you were on the Trump Train

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »
LOL - Trumptards are natural born suckers

I wasn't aware you were on the Trump Train

Like when you were suckered for 8 years in believing Obama was a good president?

Liberal = Marxist

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
Like when you were suckered for 8 years in believing Obama was a good president?

Liberal = Marxist

LOL ....great point phony coach

when I compare my situation in December 2008 to December 2016 I'm much better off now and I'll give Obama's fiscal policy actions a good part of the credit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »
LOL ....great point phony coach

when I compare my situation in December 2008 to December 2016 I'm much better off now and I'll give Obama's fiscal policy actions a good part of the credit

That doesn't prove shit execpt you have no idea what you're talking about. But as far as liberals = marixist? That's an term that absolutley interchagable. If you know what Marxism is and you still back your party, you are in FACT a Marxist. Do you deny it?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 07:19:27 AM »

This is exactly why a quick press release is always needed.
Once you have most news networks able to get a video and hear them directly, it's easily verified.

Fake news, depends on social media rumors.