Author Topic: Post election , Pres-elect Trump ( my 2 cents)  (Read 253 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Post election , Pres-elect Trump ( my 2 cents)
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »
I have to confess, I'm pleased and impressed with most of Pres-elect Trump's actions and statements.
I'm pumped with his sec of def choice and hope that Mad-dog gets that waiver approval from Congress.

I'm not thrilled with Ms Devos as Sec of Education . Plenty of other picks with a ton more experience and knowledge on education .
But, most Presidents pick someone they know or get advised on for this post, so wtf.

I was surprised to see Jeff Sessions be tapped for Atty gen.
Smart, conservative legal mind with solid  values.
I would have preferred to see Ruby G. in this slot, but who knows?

The Carrier AC jobs deal was decent, but the recent Japanese 50 billion investment with a ton of high tech jobs was awesome.

It looks like Trump will stand firm but be practical on immigration. I was very impressed with his Dec 6 speech in NC on a variety of issues.
He even told the crowd ; " No, no, no ..." whey they booed the media. Now that he's elected he wants to be fair and objective with the press.
I think that shows he really does respect the 1st amendment and the need for a free and open press.

Lastly, I think it's smart not to go after Hillary for the email scandal.
She's been defeated and will be out of power. No sense wasting any precious
"political capitol" on someone he defeated . Too many other things need to be done.