Author Topic: Microsoft Holiday Ad Celebrates Left-Wing Causes  (Read 1978 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Microsoft Holiday Ad Celebrates Left-Wing Causes
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »
What it really should say is "Microsoft Holiday Ad Celebrates The Continuation Of Pushing False Narratives"

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/microsoft-spirit-holidays-ad-features-leftist-propaganda/

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Microsoft Holiday Ad Celebrates Left-Wing Causes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »
Microsoft can choose to celebrate whatever it wants. Don't like it? Don't buy their products.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 04:57:05 AM »
Microsoft can choose to celebrate whatever it wants. Don't like it? Don't buy their products.
I don't think he posted anything about they shouldn't be allowed to do that.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 09:08:01 AM »
I don't think he posted anything about they shouldn't be allowed to do that.

That wasn't the point of my post.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »

I don't think very many people do like it but it's apart of the lefts agenda to perpetuate more lies. Microsoft has a large enough platform to reach out and keep the brainwashing going to anyone dumb enough to buy into it! That being said, the indoctrination continues.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »
Sad thing is that some of what is commonly knows as a "left wing" cause has its roots in very conservative people or beliefs.

The left wing just hijacks the movement and makes it its own. It's happened many times.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »
I don't think very many people do like it but it's apart of the lefts agenda to perpetuate more lies. Microsoft has a large enough platform to reach out and keep the brainwashing going to anyone dumb enough to buy into it! That being said, the indoctrination continues.

::)

If the indoctrination continues, the left better hope it's more successful the next time around.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »

Just to add, since Microsoft is pretty much involved in most people's lives, it's hard to avoid and I do like some of their products.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
::)

If the indoctrination continues, the left better hope it's more successful the next time around.

The left was successful with young people that mostly didn't vote. Change the indoctrination process in the schools and universities by hiring real teachers and professors that can teach a fair, unbias curriculum then things will change. $60-70k for a University to graduate a bunch of whiny Marxist clones is a scam.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 04:01:20 PM »
That wasn't the point of my post.
It clearly was or you need to work on post placement/wording.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
It's interesting that intelligent people can be so right about certain things and so horribly wrong about other things.

Brilliant with computers.  Politics?  No so much.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 04:18:09 PM »
It's interesting that intelligent people can be so right about certain things and so horribly wrong about other things.

Brilliant with computers.  Politics?  No so much.

Doesn't surprise me, so much.  Computer Science offers a "great" way for a mind to exhaust its energy on pure shit without ever focusing on the time-tested important things in this world (aka "real life").  It's like they're building a bridge as they go, which only falls apart right behind them.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 07:55:17 PM »
Sad thing is that some of what is commonly knows as a "left wing" cause has its roots in very conservative people or beliefs.

The left wing just hijacks the movement and makes it its own. It's happened many times.

I can't disagree, except to say that it's the neocon agenda they're pushing through while being called liberal (Obama and TPP...perfect example) so it means "the left" has been hijacked by the neocons.

To say that the media has twisted it so that "the left" takes the heat for "the right" and they do it by using false and misleading descriptions.

Just for the record for anyone who doubts it: Obama is NOT liberal.  Hillary = Obama.  Media = Obama.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 08:15:36 AM »
It clearly was or you need to work on post placement/wording.

Your sentence has two mistakes. You should, perhaps, consider fixing those, prior to criticizing my writing.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 09:09:20 AM »
The left was successful with young people that mostly didn't vote. Change the indoctrination process in the schools and universities by hiring real teachers and professors that can teach a fair, unbias curriculum then things will change. $60-70k for a University to graduate a bunch of whiny Marxist clones is a scam.

Depends?

I rarely if ever heard any political opinion debate in my physics, chemistry or math classes.
We were too busy learning real science and applied math LOL.

But ,  other social science and liberal arts classes have a left leaning tilt.
Too many elite level intellectuals never served in the military or faced thugs in the hood.
They have a sheltered life experience and look at society in idealistic, esoteric terms.

My wife is friends with a younger woman who's a CPA from Chicago.
Her gun control views changed after an armed  thug  broke in and robbed her.
She now has a concealed carry permit and a 45 caliber snub nose.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
Depends?

I rarely if ever heard any political opinion debate in my physics, chemistry or math classes.
We were too busy learning real science and applied math LOL.

But ,  other social science and liberal arts classes have a left leaning tilt.
Too many elite level intellectuals never served in the military or faced thugs in the hood.
They have a sheltered life experience and look at society in idealistic, esoteric terms.

My wife is friends with a younger woman who's a CPA from Chicago.
Her gun control views changed after an armed  thug  broke in and robbed her.
She now has a concealed carry permit and a 45 caliber snub nose.

Same here. The closest I ever came to hearing politics discussed in class was a statistics professor talking about pooled and unpooled variance testing by using polls published by newspapers.

I work at a University. I see so many people talk about how we brainwash kids or turn them into Marxists. Mostly from people who haven't stepped foot in a University classroom. Here's the reality, based on the classes I teach:

I get to spend an awful lot of time talking about math and computer science, while most of your kids sit and play games or talk to their friends on their phones or laptops, while sipping Monster Energy or Starbucks lattes.

And then, around final time I get to spend an awful lot of time hearing your kids ask me how they really need a B to keep their financial aid, or how they need only this one class to graduate, and how they know the material but don't test well because they have a "testing disability".

Trust me, even if University professors talked about politics non-stop, Junior would too busy doing nothing to actually pay any attention.

That's not to say that there aren't liberals in Universities. There are, usually concentrated in the departments where the dumbest of the dumb kids go for an easy degree. And some are more vocal than others. But how's that different than any other workplace?

And there you have it, a glimpse in the life of someone in academia.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 06:22:02 PM »
I see Joe still hasn't cracked the mystery of how to post a video