Author Topic: Draining The Swamp: Trump Cabinet Has Most Big Money Donors in History  (Read 1248 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/09/the-six-donors-trump-appointed-to-his-administration-gave-almost-12-million-with-their-families-to-his-campaign-and-the-party/?utm_term=.726ca4a9695f

I know Trump supporters are already calculating their excuses: these are the only people available, it won't affect policy, just because they donated doesn't mean they aren't the best for the job, Washington Post?LAMESTREAM MEDIA!!1!, etc...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Draining The Swamp: Trump Cabinet Has Most Big Money Donors in History
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 08:35:36 AM »
The Real 'Fake News' is the Mainstream Media

"It's been a little more than a month since an election that was the kind of seismic event in our politics that only happens once a century.  It sent shock waves through the national political establishment and pretty much any other group of prognosticators that had been banking on an easy Clinton win.  No one felt the sting more than the mainstream media. The morning after the election, anchors and columnists were making a collective stammering Act of Contrition about just how 'wrong' they were about the election - and the electorate.

But in the month since, the so-called mainstream media have, as if in coordinated fashion, executed a transparent strategy to bludgeon the President-elect at every turn.  Republicans, Conservatives, Independents and the majority of Americans who actually want to give Donald Trump a chance to lead will likely see through this anti-Trump propaganda campaign"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbasile/2016/12/12/the-real-fake-news-is-the-mainstream-media/#4bc184596a5b

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »
Washington Post?LAMESTREAM MEDIA!!1!, etc...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:47:23 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/09/the-six-donors-trump-appointed-to-his-administration-gave-almost-12-million-with-their-families-to-his-campaign-and-the-party/?utm_term=.726ca4a9695f

I know Trump supporters are already calculating their excuses: these are the only people available, it won't affect policy, just because they donated doesn't mean they aren't the best for the job, Washington Post?LAMESTREAM MEDIA!!1!, etc...

This new reality is one of the main reasons, I couldn't vote for Trump.
I'm impressed with his defense and NSA picks, but many of his new cabinet picks concern me.

Trump rallied his working class voters by saying Wall Street couldn't be trusted.
Now, his sec of Treasury and Commerce are the poster boys for greed on Wall Street.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
This new reality is one of the main reasons, I couldn't vote for Trump.
I'm impressed with his defense and NSA picks, but many of his new cabinet picks concern me.

Trump rallied his working class voters by saying Wall Street couldn't be trusted.
Now, his sec of Treasury and Commerce are the poster boys for greed on Wall Street.

Howard,

The main reason you didn't vote for Trump is because your dead mother wanted you to vote for Hillary.  Your own words.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
https://psmag.com/trumps-watered-down-ethics-rules-let-a-lobbyist-help-run-an-agency-he-lobbied-cfebc871df49#.ywdw8r8fs

...As a candidate, Trump regularly railed against lobbyists and led crowds in chants of “Drain the swamp!” But as president, Trump last month signed an executive order that weakened significant aspects of Barack Obama’s ethics policy, including scrapping a ban on lobbyists joining agencies they had recently lobbied.

CNBC- Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/29/trump-imposes-lifetime-ban-on-some-lobbying-five-years-for-others.html

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 02:34:29 AM »
a

bigbenchman

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
Trumps cabinet are made up of a team of successfull people in the private sector and military not a bunch of Washington career bureaucrats.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
Yes, any OBJECTIVE person will agree that several of Trump's cabinet picks were great.
At the top of the great picks is def sec Mattis , former USMC general.

I'd also say that Gen Kelly as director of homeland security is a great choice.

Keep in mind BOTH Kelly and Mattis have publically disagreed with Trump on
key matters related to their post.

However, being ex-military doesn't guarantee a stellar cabinet choose.
Former Lt Gen Kelly turned out to have problems with Russia contacts.
His discussion about sanctions with the Russian ambassador was bad.
The we learned of him lying about it with the VP , which forced him out.

Betsy Devos is (in my opinion) one Trump's worst picks.
He picks a sec of ed with zero experience in public education.

Don't forget that Pudzner withdrew from consideration for sec of labor.

Funny, people in public education have been bitching about the federal government interfering and "common core" infecting the education process.

Trump appoints a woman who vows to give the states more power when it comes to education, children more choice when it comes to school selection and to eliminate common core... and there is an even larger outrage. It almost seems like "faux" outrage.

But what do I know...
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »
Education policy is, in all modesty, something I have a good deal of knowledge and experience in.

Ms DeVoss has a very limited knowledge base when it comes to education.
At her confirmation hearings, that was obvious.
When questioned she appeared clueless on how progress is measured in educational settings.

Her educational experience is limited (mostly) to charter schools and private education.
Nothing wrong with many of those , but she's supposed to be in charge of the nation's schools.

To me, this is like hiring a defensive coordinator who's only experience is watching her son play LB.

AGAIN, there were literally thousands of knowledgeable, experienced people for sec of education.
Why he picked a person with such limited KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE is beyond me.

Oh, I recently posted a thread objecting to the rude , offensive treatment she's gotten.
She was blocked from entering a public Jr HS recently and threatened with violence.
That's 100% wrong!

Harry,

What do you think the federal government's job should be in regards to public education?

I think our opinions will differ.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »

The main thrust of these "exams" is to collect data on kid's education levels.
It teaches them NOTHING and costs a lot of $$ to administer.
Trust me, the school admin teams, especially in the superintendents office and state officials LOVE these mandated tests. Most people are unaware at the number of faceless "educators" that work for the state and federal systems of education that never deal directly with any students .

Yes;

Schools should prepare children for a chance at a successful life, not a chance to be successful on a test (college included).

a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Education Secretary Betsy DeVos highlighted President Obama’s failure to improve education during his eight years in office, including $7 billion in “improvement” grants that made no meaningful improvement, at the Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday.

DeVos took direct aim at the liberal ideology that money equals results in education, saying at CPAC 2017 she was the “first person to tell Bernie Sanders to his face, there’s no such things as a free lunch,” National Public Radio reports.

She expanded on her point by criticizing $7 billion in school improvement grands doled out by the Obama administration during his tenure that did nothing to improve student learning, according to a government analysis.

Obama thought “money alone would solve the problem,” DeVos said. “They tested their model and failed miserably.”

The Washington Post confirmed the failure last month:

Test scores, graduation rates and college enrollment were no different in the schools that received money through the School Improvement Grants program – the largest federal investment ever targeted to failing schools – than in schools that did not.

The Education Department published the findings on the website of its research division on (Jan. 18), hours before President Obama’s political appointees walked out the door.

“Today we know the system is failing too many kids,” DeVos said, according to Reason.com. “Our nation’s test scores have flatlined.”

DeVos, a lifelong school choice advocate, spoke about Obama’s other education failures, as well, including an attempt to force the nation’s school to adopt his views on transgender students and police how schools manage their access to bathrooms and locker rooms.

“This issues was a very huge example of Obama administration overreach, one-size-fits-all approach to issues best solved at a personal and local level,” she said of Obama’s transgender decree to schools last year.

DeVos also acknowledged that her advocacy work promoting a variety of school choice options for parents has earned her scorn from “defenders of the status quo,” mostly teachers unions that loathe competition in the public education system, NPR reports.

“The media has had its fun with me,” she said, but “my job isn’t to win popularity contests” or favor with media or the “Washington education establishment.”

DeVos commended “good teachers” but also admonished administrators and college professors “telling you what to think.”

She made it clear the censorship of conservative voices on college campuses, such as the recent violent riots at the University of California Berkeley over an appearance by conservative firebrand Milo Yiannopoulos, is an important issue for the new Education Department.

“They say if you voted for Donald Trump, you are a threat to the community,” DeVos said. “But the real threat is silencing the First Amendment rights of people with whom you disagree with.”
a