Author Topic: Rankings in WWE?  (Read 12005 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Rankings in WWE?
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:39:02 PM »
Just a random thought, so figured I'd chuck it up to see what everyone else thought.  Could a rankings system work in WWE? 

The method used would obviously need discussion, but it could be a great vehicle for building storylines and feuds?  It would give more meaning to each match, give guys a 'reason' to fight someone, as well as helping fans get behind people as they see them increase their standing on the roster.  The main stumbling block for it would be the sheer volume of matches on a weekly basis, as you couldn't have them all being 'ranked'  matches.  Maybe just PPV ones?

You'd start with everyone being ranked for either the Heavyweight/Universal title, or the IC/US title.  Then people would have to work their way up the IC/US ranks to win that title.  Once they'd done that, they could choose to continue and defend the title or move up and start again at the bottom of the world title ranks?

I suppose as a test you could try it on the Cruiserweight division where all the guys are similar size/build?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Rankings in WWE?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 02:26:43 AM »
I know ESPN now does weekly power rankings on the WWE superstars.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rankings in WWE?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »
they used to do those in the old wrestling mags. i miss those days that and the old music record surveys.
F